Leased or not

• Creator
    Topic
  • #140858 Reply
    Belfast4

Hi can someone here answer a simple question, are motability cars classed as being leased from motability.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #140859 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

YES

Previous Motability Cars
    2006 - 2009 Skoda Superb VR6 2.0tdi
    2009 - 2012 Citroen C5 2.0tdi VTR Nav
    2012 - 2015 Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci tekna
    2015 - 2018 Ford Kuga 2.0tdi Titanium X
    2018 - 2021 BMW 220d X drive 2 Series Active Luxury

#140860 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

You simply exchange all, or part of your mobility allowance to lease the vehicle of your choice. You choose the vehicle you want at a price that works for you , and payments are deducted from your higher rate mobility allowance every four weeks, then paid directly to us by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).

Our standard lease is over three years, or five years if you are leasing a Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle and we take care of running costs such as insurance for up to three named drivers (this doesn’t have to be you), servicing, maintenance, breakdown cover, tyre repair and replacement and windscreen repairs. All you need to do is add fuel and go.

Previous Motability Cars
    2006 - 2009 Skoda Superb VR6 2.0tdi
    2009 - 2012 Citroen C5 2.0tdi VTR Nav
    2012 - 2015 Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci tekna
    2015 - 2018 Ford Kuga 2.0tdi Titanium X
    2018 - 2021 BMW 220d X drive 2 Series Active Luxury

#140861 Reply
    Kevin

Go to motability.co.uk website click on about at the top and tells you it is a lease

#140863 Reply
    FiestaRed

My dealership keeps telling me my “lease” has been extended due to my replacement vehicle not being ready. So I guess the answer is a definite YES.

#140864 Reply
    Belfast4

Ok then apparently if you owned or leased one of the cars in the emissions scandal you as the person that leased the car is entitled to compensation.

#140883 Reply
    Kevin

I would think as a motability car it belongs to them,any compensation due would go to the legal owners of the vehicle,not to the person who leased it

#140886 Reply
    Belfast4

No that is wrong they are saying it has to go to the person that leased the car.

#140887 Reply
    Richardw
    Participant

No that is wrong they are saying it has to go to the person that leased the car.

You’re right. It doesn’t say anything about you having to be the owner of the car.

#140888 Reply
    Kevin

Who say that,and have you got a car you think you can claim for? as i said not sure really who gets it i thought it would be the owner of the vehicle

#140891 Reply
    Kevin

it would seem you can should get a letter if you were the reg. keeper at the time

#140895 Reply
    72 dudes

This emissions scandal compensation thing is a scam.

It’s all over Facebook too. This month it’s Vauxhall, a month ago it was Mercedes.

This is just one legal firm preying on the gullible and trying to put together a class action lawsuit in the vain hope of a win.

It will not happen, do not be fooled.

#140899 Reply
    Belfast4

I never had one so does not affect me, just in case others had a VW of sorts. Have they not paid out to customers in many countries already? I was reading something in a magazine in a car place I was in last week about it, that’s why I asked.

#140900 Reply
    Belfast4

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners-and-drivers/important-information/emission-info/our-position

from Vw re the court action which seems to be going to happen in 2022

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Leased or not
Your information: