Lead Times on Ordering

This topic contains 57 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Jan Atkinson-Carr 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #114436 Reply

Jan Atkinson-Carr

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi All,</p>
    I’m due to replace my current (and first) Motability car in January, which gives me an order date in October.

The car I’m looking at currently has at least a 5 month build time. Will I be able to secure a factory slot in August, with my application going in on my order date in October?

Any help or advice greatly received.

Thanks,

Jan

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #114441 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

Long lead times are nothing new for example in 2018 when I lasted renewed my car, I was told, would take 5 months to deliver because of WLTP, that changed to 9 months so I cancelled the order.

This seems to be getting a bit regular these days and you would think that Motability would changed the ordering time scale of 3 months to something a bit longer, but no, they won’t.

I’ve heard of some folk who do a deal with dealer for orders longer than the 3 months but its unofficial and if the dealer sales the car before your 3 month order date becomes concrete there’s nothing you can do about it.

#114442 Reply

John

Hi I can order my Tiguan in September and my dealer let me pay a little deposit to secure a slot. That was before lock down however.

#114454 Reply

Jan Atkinson-Carr

That’s interesting. Thanks for the info.

#114471 Reply

scott

lead times for ordering now on the bmw 2 series gran coupe is december delivery

#114472 Reply

Jan Atkinson-Carr

That’s what I’m looking at Scott.

Eep.

#114474 Reply

Elliot
    Participant

Was given 3 months lead time today for 3 series 2.0 sport.

#114476 Reply

Scott

<p style=”text-align: left;”>3 series it is then 😂</p>

#114478 Reply

Elliot
    Participant

The guy I spoke to said there were none in the UK.

I would have thought that a 3 month wait is being optimistic.

#114561 Reply

Jan Atkinson-Carr

Went to have a look at the 2 Gran Coupé today. Unless the A Class Saloon is special, I think I’ll be ordering it.

#114562 Reply

Matthew

Not seen it in the flesh but does look lovely jan , what did u think about the boot size ,is it very big?

#114563 Reply

Jan Atkinson-Carr

Hi Matthew, the boot is quite deep but not huge. I think the capacity is 430 litres.

Overall it is a very good looking car, and the M Sport spec is rather good in terms of equipment.

#114564 Reply

Matthew

Yeah I seen a couple of pics of the boot but job to gauge to you see it , but when I’m do to change will defo have a look ,what colour Do you fancy Jan ?

#114567 Reply

Jan Atkinson-Carr

Definitely Snapper Rocks Blue. I saw it on a 4 series GC and it was gorgeous!

#114568 Reply

Matthew

Snap that’s the one I’d go for to ,really like the look of the digital dash I’ve got an X1 at the min is a lovely car but the dash on the grand coupe just looks so modern compared to mine

#114569 Reply

Jan Atkinson-Carr

My dad has the all new X1 and the dash is very smart.

#114570 Reply

Matthew

Oh yeah don’t get me wrong is smart …. just fancy the digital one next time .with the pan roof

#114640 Reply

Jan Atkinson-Carr

@John

How much deposit did your dealer ask for to secure a factory spot, no problem if you don’t want to be specific.

#114643 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

What a car Jan. I absolutely love the Gran Coupe.  I’m definitely going to check it out even though I may not be able to get in/out.
    And the 3 Touring. The back end looks so much better now  on the 2.0i with the twin exhausts. I saw a saloon in the dealer just before Christmas and it was awesome.
    I have an X1 at the moment and absolutely love it. My dealer (North Wales, Halliwell Jones) didn’t take a deposit, but that was three years ago!

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#114653 Reply

Jan Atkinson-Carr

I absolutely adore it @BionicRusty

My official order date is in October, but with the lead time so long on these beauties I’m keen to secure a factory slot. Fingers crossed it’ll still be on (and for a reasonable AP in Q4).

Fortunately I’ve not got any issues with access, it is a bit low but wide door openings.

#114662 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Fingers crossed for you Jan. 🤞🤞

I’m jealous. In fact I’m so jealous, I’m going to have to give it a go myself. 🤣😂

An extra 10ml’s of Oramorph top-up should do it. 🤣😂

I can change as  of September so I’ll be spending a lot of time in the car search until then constantly updating my spreadsheet. 😁

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#114663 Reply

Matthew

Does anyone know the measurements of the bmw 2 series grand coupe boot not in litres .but the Width and depth , can’t see to find it

#114701 Reply

Jan Atkinson-Carr

I’ve tried to figure it out for you Matthew but I can’t find the info anywhere. It’s quite a narrow aperture, worth going to look at.

I just took the plunge and placed my early deposit for a factory slot!

#114702 Reply

Matthew

Yeah I looked everywhere but could not see actual measurements but thanks for trying…. lucky you wish you all the best with it

#114707 Reply

JS

have you tried here for measurements

http://www.RiDC.org.uk

#114715 Reply

Jan Atkinson-Carr

Thanks Matthew! I’m beyond excited, sure it’ll wear off between now and January!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 57 total)
Reply To: Lead Times on Ordering

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: