insurance refund payment.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #175341 Reply
    Paul

Had an email from motorbility yesterday about the £60 insurance refund payment.Informing me it will be in account in 5 working days.

They was wrong, it was 1 day lol appeared in my account already.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #175345 Reply
    Markw
    Participant

Had nothing yet, but my surname begins with W, bet I’m pretty much last in the queue, I read it could take up to a fortnight.

Currently driving Seat Ateca 2.0 FR Sport TDI 190 DSG 4drive

#175361 Reply
    Kaiser

Still not got mine and my name begins with A

#175418 Reply
    struth
    Participant

just got an email saying mine will be in bank within 5 days.

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

#175429 Reply
    Jayjam786

What’s this refund about guys I’m literally new to the scheme just put in an order for a motability car

#175430 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Because of travel restrictions and COVID, insurance payouts have gone down so Motability’s insurers are giving some back to its customers.  It was £50 last year, £60 this.

#175470 Reply
    Graeme

£10 increase compared to last year is of course welcome so thank you motability.

It’d be good if others followed suit. An example being the one-off Christmas bonus from the DWP which has been set at £10 from its inception five decades ago.   While £10 was considered a large sum of money in 1972, it is not enough to help with the cost of Christmas today. Anti-poverty charity Turn2us has urged the Government to increase the bonus in line with inflation, saying it should be worth around £130 now.

#175478 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

It was the Heath government that gave that £10 in 1972 as a one off payment when inflation was rampant.  Successive governments kept it going until it became permanent around 1979 I think. Despite it being a payment introduced because of inflation, it seems the effect of inflation on it wasn’t considered!

#175479 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I always laugh at the £10 Christmas bonus. It must cost as much to administer it!

£60 insurance rebate received into my bank account this morning. As I’ve said on another thread, I now look forward to the £2,000 rebate based upon the inflated used car prices that Motability will be benefiting from (to the tune of far more than £2,000 per car, but we mustn’t be greedy). What? You don’t think we will get that? 🤔😂

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Glos Guy.
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: insurance refund payment.
Your information: