Insurance query

• Creator
    Topic
    Imran

Hi all

I have a query about insurance. If I was to be involved in a crash that was not my fault  ie I was hit from behind whilst stationary would I be able to settle the claim directly with the driver at fault without going through insurance.

I only ask as a friend of my mine who is not part of the scheme was hit in this way. The other driver was worried about their insurance going up due to a claim so paid for the repair of the car, the cost of hire car etc in cash. My friend was able to sort his car out himself so had to find a body shop and hire care company himself.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Oscarmax
      Participant

You need to contact your insurance company. You do not know the true damage to your vehicle until it is striped  down for inspection. It is possible the other driver may not have a licence or permission to drive that car, which means no insurance.

Michael

Hi, motability are the owners of your car and carry the insurance, so you cannot legally accept the other drivers offer as you risk loosing your car, you would be in breach of contract.

Dave h

A few years back I was parked when a taxi twatted my door mirror off. he would of driven off but unfortunately for him the lights changed when he pulled up he said could we not go through insurance as he was paying loads anyway i said it’s a motability car I’d have to call them. Rsa said it was up to me so I called the taxi and said computer said no tosser would of driven off anyway 6 months later he called me and said what was changed i said mirror housing and glass dont know if electric motor had been seemed to work to me he said cuz my insurance has gone up £2000 “HARD CHEESE”

Imran

Thank you for your replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.