Insurance may be void

This topic contains 17 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Philjb 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #110951 Reply

Smallcar
    Participant

Celebrity lawyer Nick Freeman quoted as  saying if you use car for non-essential  travel ( ie other than medical reason or food shop) your insurance may be invalidated.

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #110953 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

I’m sure as a “celebrity” lawyer he gets paid well for spouting tripe.

#110954 Reply

Smallcar
    Participant

…….. but winning most of his cases!

#110955 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

Agreed there’s a lot of highly paid well educated, simple but nice experts about on TV at the moment and of course there all right.

Also a lot of experts about papering over the cracks in their incompetences.

#110970 Reply

Wazza
    Participant

What a load of bull.

Can’t recall reading anything in my policy document.

#110979 Reply

Smallcar
    Participant

Our present allowable journeys are covered in law by “The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020”  so if we were to break the law …………..?

Who knows, certainly won’t be putting it to the test. The less road use at the moment the better as emergency services don’t need to be diverted from the Coronavirus fight with motoring accidents etc.

#110991 Reply

Mossfinn

I believe he is talking absolute tripe. Whilst we have been advised not to drive unnecessarily, no law has come into force Banning us from driving. Therefore we are not invalidating our insurance.

I also own a private car my partner uses and her insurance company has written relaxing some of the rules , such as car sharing and commuting, so if there was a chance of voiding they would have let us know.

#110992 Reply

joss
    Participant

Celebrity lawyer Nick Freeman quoted as saying if you use car for non-essential travel ( ie other than medical reason or food shop) your insurance may be invalidated.

Business must be slack, so a bit of scaremongering might help it.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#110993 Reply

Philjb

What country is he talking about because it’s not here in the U.K.

News and media even getting bored of posting about the coronavirus now, so are making stories out of nothing.

#110994 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

No country Philjb. His job is done. His name has been repeated a miriad times in blog posts and on twitter, and some who didn’t know who he was have googled him.  All good free publicity.

#111002 Reply

Michael

His statement I understand contains the word May, which indicates he is not certain, also where has he got his information from or is it pure conjecture?

#111003 Reply

72 dudes

Ridiculous scare mongering.

There’s not even a ban on driving out to a beauty spot for a walk, although the government are saying that we shouldn’t.

A high court judge was saying this on Radio 2 a few days ago. The context was that the police have no powers of enforcement if they stop you while driving in the countryside, they can only advise.

#111007 Reply

martino

i think the key word is essential  and every ones idea of essential  is different

#111105 Reply

Donkey Oatie

If you follow his logic.. You are not insured if you break the speed limit, park on a double yellow, etc etc etc.

#111117 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Why do people post such obvious garbage and then proceed to back up the wildly incorrect theory, SHEEP, the world is full of sheep! 🐑🐑🐑

#111133 Reply

Donkey Oatie

I Like sheep especially lamb!!

#111134 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

Can’t beat a good slow cooked mutton stew.  Downturn in meat consumption by catering trade means many lambs are going to be left to grow another season which will hopefully mean more mutton in the butchers next year..

#111137 Reply

Philjb

In this guys world he is known as masters of finding loop holes so I don’t doubt he could find some way to argue someone wasn’t insured if you payed him enough.

buy it still doesn’t make it a fact.

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
Reply To: Insurance may be void

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: