I’m done

• Creator
    Topic
    clappedout
    Participant

A brief return to the forum, but there appears that certain facts regarding EVs are unwelcome. Good luck to you all

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      cw
      Participant

?

MLH
        Participant

All the best.

MacMaster and Geoffbuyscars are still about on YouTube, if you prefer 🙂

Participant

Nothing quite like coming back, flouncing off, but being theatrical by telling us you’re flouncing off.

Current: MY24 Renault Austral Iconic FHD. AP £3,995 +£570 for hoist.

Previous Motability cars:
            2013 Ford Focus estate petrol auto.
            2016 Vauxhal Zafira 1.4T petrol SE Auto.
            2019 Ford Kuga Vignale 1.5 petrol auto AWD.

Brydo
            Participant

@clappedout if you enjoy posting on the forum don’t let anyone put you off. There will always be differing views to yourself so keep posting.

I joined the Forum fiveish years ago and was probably the only pro EV poster at that time. Slowly the numbers have increased but there are still those who don’t want to move with the times and that’s fine also. It would be a boring world if we agreed all of the time.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
              Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

wmcforum
              Which Mobility Car

The post that i believe you are referring to was deleted not because of anything you said. As Brydo states (who almost single handedly made this forum what it is today – and has been with us well over six years) differing, well researched, factual and balanced views are most welcome and indeed encouraged. The reverse will lead to posts being deleted which is unfortunate for all of us.

PS. As I always say, this is not an airport, a as such you neither have to announce departures or arrivals.

kezo
                Participant

@clappedout Your opinion matters just as much as everyone elses. If they don’t like its tough sh!t init!

As @Brydo said it would be a boring world if we all agreed or liked the same thing, which is true and me and Brydo are like chalk and cheese, yet we get along I hope lol.

No matter what forum you are on you will always get those that are overly pro this or that!

We are all unique individuals and often have very different opinions on all manner of things. We don’t have to agree with each other’s views on this forum, as long as we disagree respectfully.

There would be nothing to discuss and debate if we all had the same opinion.

clappedout
                    Participant

Thanks. I was previously nomorelandings and enjoyed the highly informative posts by Brydo and others. As a former Civil engineering student, I respect his expertise. I spent many years on the professional BALPA forum and some snake pit hifi ones therefore I’m not upset by intelligent opposing views. There was a thread regarding hydrogen fueled cars and made some comments regarding insurance. The thread was removed and I received an email from mods say “ that’s enough”. If free speech, which was entirely factual, is subject to cancel culture, then I really cannot be bothered. No reflection on any posters and have appreciated the experiences and opinions expressed on here.

wmcforum
                      Which Mobility Car

The ‘that’s enough’ post was not directed at you. You received it because once you post on a certain thread you become a subscriber to that thread and therefore receive notifications of every post made. It was lazy on my behalf. In retrospect I should have explained the whole situation to all posters before closing the thread.

Brydo
                        Participant

@wmcforum I can’t believe it’s been so long, how times fly and thanks for your kind words.

@kezo
                          we get along great and I’ve appreciated your time and patience with me on the “Off Topic” section of the Forum. I know hardly anything about electrical matters but I knew absolutely nothing before we started “chatting” ?

kezo
                          Participant

@Brydo anytime mate 🙂

Infact I have awarded you a level 2 NVQ lol.

joss

Only Lvl 2 @Kezo I would give lvl 3 at the very least…

Joss
                              Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

Participant

PS. As I always say, this is not an airport, a as such you neither have to announce departures or arrivals.

Definitely nicking that line to use on my daughter next time she storms out in a strop! ???

Brydo
                                Participant

@joss I’m assuming as the levels go up the worse you are ?

wmcforum
                                  Which Mobility Car

I have reinstated the thread in question and closed it to future comments.

Rich44
                                    Participant

I don’t get why people get upset that others don’t have the same opinion, don’t like their opinion etc. I dunno what it was about but if you jump in telling people they’re wrong and pushing whatever your facts are I wouldn’t be surprised  why people react.

I don’t get for example why those who like EVs have to be educated by how environmentally bad their cars are for example like were all thick. Fact is EVERY new car is crap for the environment, same as every new sofa, washing machine etc. Everything humans do like that ain’t good for the planet.

If some rave about petrol that’s great be happy with a petrol, same with diesel same with an EV no one needs educating about why their choice is wrong.

More often than not these urgent EV facts are rarely accurate either like the Daily Mail and their EVs are causing potholes

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.