id4

• Creator
    Topic
  • #167255 Reply
    cb2011
    Participant

only 2 id4 showing on search now both Pure variants.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #167271 Reply
    Brian Hindmarch

If you go on VW web site and look at there price list for Motability there is more models on there to choose from.

#167273 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

If you go on VW web site and look at there price list for Motability there is more models on there to choose from.

Unfortunately, you can’t go by the manufacturer price lists Brian. They are only issued quarterly and can go out of date very quickly, often within days. Over the last year or so cars have been removed from the scheme almost every day. In order to be able to order a car it has to be available on the Motability website, so as of today only 2 variants can be ordered. The added complication, of course, is that the Motability website isn’t fit for purpose and cars can be removed one day only to return the next. Hopefully that will be the case with the ‘missing’ ID4 models.

#167408 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Pity the id4 is not available with a decent size battery.

#167459 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#167460 Reply
    ajn

Don’t you ever rest Brydo 🙂

#167462 Reply
    Brian Hindmarch

When I test drove the ID4 I was told that the other variants that are on their list (VW) and are not showing on the Motability price list are available to order, But the prices are to high for me at the minute!

#167467 Reply
    Brydo

Only when I’m on the Forum ajn 😂.

I had the same info Brian when I contacted VW and I had a similar experience when looking at the Ford Kuga PHEV. The salesman told me he could order any of the cars on list even if they were not listed on the scheme.

I do agree that the ID4 cars listed above are mostly too expensive but there will be those who would order them if the knew they were available.

#167469 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Given that car dealers are not always known for their accuracy (and, dare I say, honesty) when it comes to advising Motability customers, I wonder if orders for cars that are shown on (potentially out of date) manufacturers price lists would actually be accepted by Motability if they are not shown as available on their website?

If they would accept the order then it renders our daily update on what has come off the scheme (which is based on the Motability website) as pointless, as manufacturers price lists only change once a quarter. It would also further confirm the uselessness of the Motability website. It would certainly make things an awful lot easier if we could take the quarterly price lists as gospel, but that hasn’t been the case for at least the last few years!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: id4
Your information: