Id4 woes.

• Creator
    Topic
    Toddy
    Participant

Hi all,

Picked up a Style Pro on Tuesday with 9 miles on the clock. And battery indicating 95%. Dealer could not connect me to the VW app, message stated that I had not taken delivery of the car. Was told to keep trying and call in a week if no joy.

Took for an 81 mile run yesterday, mixture of A and B roads. 66% battery at end of trip with 2 young daughters in the car.

Lovely car, comfortable and quiet. Turn out of my road and phone disconnected and car told me no phone was connected. Tried my Pixel, daughter 1 S24 and daughter 2 iPhone 14. Are needs WiFi, I click agree and says no phone. Phone is in list. Rinse and repeat. New car, new glitch. Carry on driving and around 15 miles, auto light turns of and all lights are on and main info screen is black. Pull over, turn off car and get out. Auto back on. No phone still.

30 miles, hands are getting very warm. Heated steering wheel is on and will not swith of from wheel or info screen. Pull over, switch off and get out. Steering wheel heater is off.

Try phone again and connects fine. Get to destination, tea and ice creams for all. Return journey uneventful until infotainment screen goes half black with music still playing. Pull over, you know the drill. Screen now fully back so use VW resources. Ida decided to become sentient as this point and answer random question. Girls found it hilarious.

Get home, as girls 1 gets out she calls my attention to a crack/chip in the glass roof. Looks like something was dropped from above. It’s above passenger side.

Call dealer who book car in for 12th June. “Very strange sir, never seen any of that before sir, crack not us, valet would have seen it”. Sound of hands being washed in the background… I feel my inner peace is about to end!

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Phaedra
      Participant

Your dealer is talking b@ll@cks!, all of those problems with the infotainment system etc. are very common across the MEB platform VW, Audi & Skoda EV’s are built on.

Usual fix for the infotainment system crashing is turn it off using the button next to the screen, then turn it on but hold  the button down until the logo appears.  More drastic fix for the phone not pairing or WiFi is to pull fuse 19 out of the fuse box, wait 10 mins then replace it.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Toddy
        Participant

@phaedra; thanks, I assume all dealers do until proved wrong. I’ll give your fixes a go.

72 dudes
          Participant

“If only everything in life was as reliable as a Volkswagen”

Very frustrating. If you don’t get any satisfaction after it’s been in to the dealer in June, or the problems continue, you would be justified in formally rejecting it with Motability’s help

2024 - BMW i4 Grand Coupe eDrive 35 Sport
            2020 - Volvo XC40 T4 Inscription
            2017 - Audi Q3 TFSi Sport S-Tronic

DumfriesDik
            Participant

VW’s reputation is in tatters with ID owners.

VW ID3 Max is my DD

Oscarmax
              Participant

Our neighbour Paul brought a new ID5, after about a month he gave up and changed to a Mercedes PHEV

Steadyhorse
                Participant

Seems I may have dodged a bullet as my local VW dealer was very lukewarm in promoting the iD4 and seem very disinterested putting me right off it and VW. So I ended up at Honda who couldn’t have been more helpful. My ENY1 has just  arrived at dealer so eagerly awaiting the hand control to be fitted and then collection day. I’m sure the Honda will have its own challenges as most cars do.

DumfriesDik
                  Participant

Bet you can’t wait mate.

VW ID3 Max is my DD

Steadyhorse
                    Participant

You are spot on. Charger was fitted back in February so hope it works! Hope you are both keeping well. Must meet up asap.

Ele
                      Participant

VW’s reputation is in tatters with ID owners.

In tatters long before the ID me thinks

Toddy
                        Participant

Quick update:

Car went in to garage for the various glitches, service guy looked at the chip and said it looks like a manufacturing fault as no impact mark. He was concerned that people were getting stuck when back doors would not open on passenger side. Did tell me that various issues like lights, steering wheel, seats and info screen were known to VW and they are working on fixes. I should not bother trying apple phones as they have hardware issues!

On call back he changed his mind about the chip claiming a microscopic mark has been found by the service manager… Also nothing wrong with rear door. I must have such an imagination! Wife could not get out again when we tried at home.

VW garage (Peter Cooper Group Portsmouth) called me again after a formal complaint was raised to blame me for chip in roof. Quite abrupt and “definitely not the garage, we would have spotted it.” I was right about them washing their hands.

Motability have escalated so now back to waiting. They have been great throughout and assured me the it will be sorted.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Toddy.
                          kezo
                          Participant

Hope you get it sorted or allowed to change your car for something better!

dayskipper
                            Participant

That service manager must have incredible vision if he can spot microscopic marks!

TheSUVguy
                              Participant

I live in London and see loads of id4s, I wish I was kidding but more than half I see have one daytime headlight not working, I never see this with Skoda or Audis though

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.