Hyundai Kona EV

• Creator
    Topic
  • #125548 Reply
    DBtruth
    Participant

I was just having a look through the motability website and noticed the Hyundai Kona EV is on starting from £2249 ap and rising to £4449.

Do we think £4449 is a typing error and it’s meant to be £3449? I thought the cap was something like £3749?

Also, I’m pleased to see another EV on the scheme and I’ve heard the Kona is supposed to be very good.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #125552 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

The 64kwh Kona EV is fantastic, the lower powered 39kwh – not so desirable. The 64kwh in premium trim is £3299 and the Premium SE at the £4449 price. It may well be a mistake and should read £3449. It is also to note that when the Electric Ioniq first came onto the Scheme the price was over 5k if my memory serves, so anything is possible.

#125577 Reply
    JS

The Kona was designed with the electric in mlnd, with great retail sales it’s took a while for it to appear, I don’t see the reason for high AP as its already proven to have great residual values.

#125600 Reply
    Carl

No body wants the 39kwh model with poor range in comparison to the 282 mile 64kwh unit.

But I’m sure people have got better things to spend their money on rather than £4400+ AP.  My eyes are watering thinking about it. Lol

#125642 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

I take it this is the sister car to the Kia soul yet its 1200 more on the scheme and in my eyes not as nice. I really dont know why they bother adding these cars to the scheme with silly AP i would never contemplate parting with that even though im lucky enough to be able to afford it. Disgraceful really

----------------------------
    Tiguan SEL Auto in Tungsten Silver
    Metal Detectorist & scale modeller
    in my spare time

#125788 Reply
    Ian

I am I missing something. The cash price for this is £35.900. assuming that the £3k government grant has already been taken off. Making the price  £38.900. I thought there was a cap. Or does that not apply to EV cars.

#125855 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

Hyundai KONA Electric Premium 64 kWh RRP: £38,261

so yes, it’s higher than the cap……. BUT…..

Hyundai KONA Electric Premium 39 kWh RRP: £34,361

And of course the cheapest petrol version on the scheme is: HYUNDAI KONA HATCHBACK 1.0T GDI BLUE DRIVE S 5DR on the scheme at £0 AP

So the cheapest version on the scheme is below the cap by a very large margin.

Motability playing tricks here a bit to make it work, but the electric versions of pretty much all the 64kW Kia/Hyundai are looking like they’ll have good 2nd hand values in 3 years time.

For those with bottomless pockets the 64kW versions could work, from memory Hyundai Premium is pretty well sorted, Premium Plus would likely add vented seats, rear heated seats & other toys not worth the extra.

Also watch out for the 39kW e-Niro, it could make an appearance & let the 64kW e-Niro on the scheme. That’s the desirable practical EV.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by gothitjulie.
    #125866 Reply
    Ian

We do a lot of miles so the 64kw would be best for us. Just depends on the AP and if the additional cost is worth it over the 3 years compared to diesel. We are into 6 months of our 2 year extension so can change at anytime. Let’s hope we see it on the scheme.

#126117 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Price still remains at £4449 a week in so i guess its not a typo. As nice as that car is i cannot see anyone paying that AP.

Tiguan SEL Auto in Tungsten Silver
    Metal Detectorist & scale modeller
    in my spare time

#126121 Reply
    JS

Yet if you compare it to Hyundai 0% Pcp it’s a good deal, you need to be a very low mileage and big deposit to get the payments down to your weekly allowance, its interesting trying the figures, try it for yourselves

https://mobile.hyundai.co.uk/offers/model/kona-electric

#126551 Reply
    Ian

given the price of the Kona after the government grant. Do you think we will see the Kia e-Nero on the scheme anytime soon? The Kona is nearly the same price as the Nero 4+

#126758 Reply
    Chris

I’d be careful for now as ive seen they have a recall in Korea over fire risks, could affect the UK too.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Hyundai Kona EV
Your information: