Horrendous experience.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #124540 Reply
    Keith S

After a 13 week wait I finally got to pick up my new car on Monday, I’d ordered a Mercedes CLA180 shooting brake premium.After going for a drive and getting home, 30 miles travelling, I went to the boot of the car to see the badge said CLA200! I called the dealer as all my paperwork said CLA180 and they went into panic mode, saying they had ordered the wrong car from the factory and as this model wasn’t available on motability, I had been driving uninsured!! I was so upset and stressed over this. They said they had added the car onto their insurance and I must return the car straight away. They can’t get me the correct car till February 2021 now and have asked motability to let me have the car and they will take the hit on costs and even pay any payment for it to be added to motability fleet insurance. So far motability have refused this. Has anyone else experienced something the same or similar?

Viewing 15 replies - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #124874 Reply
    Keith S

I’m definitely going to try and get in touch with someone higher as its just not fair and as you say if we were retail customers they would be bending over backwards to sort this out. I seriously wish I had took a while to think about it then as you say, just removed the CLA200 badge.

#124891 Reply
    Micky

I have heard of many problems with this cla,and dealership attitudes ,I do hope it gets sorted for you. Stay safe.

#124894 Reply
    Keith S

<p style=”text-align: left;”>To be fair, although the dealer made a huge error in ordering the wrong car from the factory, they have been really nice, friendly and helpful to deal with and have done everything possible to try and let me keep the car, it’s motability who have been unhelpful, won’t budge on it and have told me lies.</p>

#125459 Reply
    Keith S

Hi everyone, well I took my complaint right up to the executive team, Ian Gosforth. Never got anywhere, was told there was no way I could keep the car as the CLA200 premium shooting brake was definitely not coming onto the scheme and no exception could be made. Shocked and angry today to see its been added!!

#125482 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Keith, you couldn’t write this could you?
    To have been told categorically that it won’t come on, only to find a couple of days later that, BOOM, there it is. Just goes to show that Peter hasn’t got a clue what Paul’s doing!

So now you’ve got a perfect reason to keep the car that is available right now. Plus reason for at least an apology from Motability. Good luck.

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#125488 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

You could not make it up Keith! Go get that car.

#125612 Reply
    Keith S

Good news, after another complaint I got a free upgrade to a premium plus model that’s in stock and a full tank of fuel.

#125615 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Happy days. So pleased for you.

#125745 Reply
    Philjb
    Participant

Well done for not letting it slide.

#125764 Reply
    Richard hewett

Well done, who said honesty dont pay

enjoy that upgraded merc.

#125769 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Fantastic Keith. Enjoy 😉

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#125770 Reply
    File28

Congratulations and well done standing your ground

#125839 Reply
    Rico

worst thing is the merc cla 200 premium is now on isnt it. https://tools.mercedes-benz.co.uk/current/passenger-cars/motability/cla-shooting-brake-q4-2020.pdf this would make me more pissed.

#125892 Reply
    John

Well Keith, looking at the price list Rico added above they haven’t done you any favors mate. All the models including the 200 are £3,749. If the list is correct then you could get the 200 for the same price

#125893 Reply
    Philjb
    Participant

That would depend on what Kieth paid when he ordered weather he’s any better off.
    plus he’s got one now so know wait.

Viewing 15 replies - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)
Reply To: Horrendous experience.
Your information: