Had letter back from pip today

This topic contains 31 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  vinalspin 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #92118 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

A health professional is coming to my bungalow Friday 1st November for a face to face appointment I’m glad about this as a doctor came before for ESA years ago

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #92133 Reply

Philjb

Well done Mike and good luck.
    I had a major battle for them to come to me, no home f to f assessments in my area I was told.
    Till my mp wrote to them. Then magically I was misinformed. By the letter they sent me? ?

#92138 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

I told them in the form Phil I can’t move my fingers so cannot use a pay and display machine and asked them if they could come to my home ?

#92157 Reply

Philjb

Mike same here. A quick call to the ATOS manager sorted it.
    They don’t normally allow it so they said, no explanation, mine was not long after ATOS took control of assessments.

#92158 Reply

Philjb

Hopefully its a good sign I got the max pip award length 10 years after

Here’s hoping you get the same outcome.

#92219 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Thanks Phil my partner will be here so I won’t be on my own

#92558 Reply

Zelda
    Participant

Hi @mike

Well at least you know that they’ve got your forms and are dealing with your case.

Hopefully on the day you will get a decent, fair assessor. At least by giving you a home assessment they are acknowledging that you have health problems, so fingers crossed that on the day, it all goes well.

Don’t forget, if they ask you to do any physical tests, you can refuse to do them if it’s going to be painful for you but if you do refuse to do them, give an explanation as to why you are refusing.

Also, they shouldn’t need or ask to look in any room other than the room you choose to use for your assessment. Of course, you are free to offer for your partner to show the assessor equipment you’ve had installed if you wish to do so but you are not obliged to.

Anyway, fingers crossed for you Mike, let’s hope that your assessment goes your way and that you won’t have to worry about having another one for a very long time.

#92574 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Thankyou Zelda always look forward to your comments

#92607 Reply

Abercol
    Participant

My wife got her forms in on Saturday, needless to say she is in a bit of a state over it, worrying about being assessed. Having her issues discussed makes her feel totally useless & a burden on society (and me), despite her working full time as a teacher. It takes weeks to get her back out of the funk.

I still don’t understand why she got a 3yr assessment the first time. Shes blind, severe optic nerve damage, so its not like it’ll grow back!…ahh well, just have to wait and see what they say.

#92663 Reply

Zelda
    Participant

Thanks as ever for your kind words @mike 🙂

@abercol, have a look through Mikes other thread, some posters have given some very good advice on it.
    Make sure that you fit your wifes’ difficulties to the PIP descriptors.
    As for award lengths, there doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to the length of time given when giving short term awards, it appears to be completely arbitrary :/

#92665 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Your welcome young Zelda

#92689 Reply

Winston

I think the initial 3 year award is common, even in cases where progress is unlikely if not impossible!

i got a 3 year award on my first one , 2nd award was “ongoing – 10 year “ with a little explanation saying something like…

we have you an initial 3 year award as we thought there was possibly a chance of progress or change, now we realise this is not likely to happy we are happy to award you a much longer award blah blah

so I wouldn’t be too disheartened by your first award

I think lots of people get shorter terms than that

so fingers crossed it’s as plain sailing as possible, you’s get the award to deserve and then it’s one but a massive thing less to worry about ??

#92862 Reply

Zelda
    Participant

You’re right @winston, some people do get shorter awards, which of course keep the money rolling into ATOS/Capita/Maximus in re-assessment fees but I still can’t see a pattern/formula as to how those award lengths are determined.

Obviously, we, each of us, are only aware of relatively few PIP cases, so not the best knowledge of the system to work on but I’ve never seen anything within the regulations that sets out a table of award lengths.

The comments like

” we have you an initial 3 year award as we thought there was possibly a chance of progress or change, now we realise this is not likely to happy we are happy to award you a much longer award blah blah “.

just seem to be fairly much copy and paste from claim to claim.

In any case, having heard some of the horror stories about assessors, I and i’m sure many others, are just grateful to have an award at all.

Am glad you got the maximum time allowed though Winston, fingers crossed that @mike also gets a full, full term award.

#92876 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Thankyou Zelda

#92879 Reply

Zelda
    Participant

You are most welcome, as always @mike 🙂

Just ignore my comments about lousy assessors, you’re going to get a decent one 🙂

#92979 Reply

Winston

Thanks Zelda! Much sppreciated ✋?

Fingers crossed mike ??

#92998 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Thankyou Winston by the way has your friend had the silver Tiguan ?

#93010 Reply

Winston

Yes Mike, she sure did

i will go see it tomorrow or Friday and stick a couple of pics up for you ??

#93011 Reply

Winston

Yes Mike, she sure did

Tungsten Silver Metallic

i will go see it tomorrow or Friday and stick a couple of pics up for you ??

#93096 Reply

Stuart
    Participant

Tungsten silver metallic. Same as mine

----------------------------
    Tiguan SEL Auto in Tungsten Silver
    Metal Detectorist in my spare time

#94046 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

looks fab Stuart

#94047 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Does the pips doctor coming to my home this Friday want to know my savings etc ?

#94050 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

Does the pips doctor coming to my home this Friday want to know my savings etc ?

They shouldn’t need to know unless there nosey badgers as PIP payments has no bearing on how much money you may have in the bank.

That said the DWP will ask you for the bank account details to pay your PIP into should you be successful, for which I hope you are, but the assessor has no need to know.

#94051 Reply

Abercol
    Participant

No, they shouldn’t, its about your disability, not how loaded you are…Our last one was a home visit, nothing asked except about the disability and things my wife could or could not do…

Posted PIP forms off to them today, waiting to see what happens next…

#94052 Reply

Stuart
    Participant

Good luck Menorca Mike. Ive been in that situation as i`m sure have many on here. Fingers crossed for you that all goes well.

Tiguan SEL Auto in Tungsten Silver
    Metal Detectorist in my spare time

#94073 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Thankyou Abercol and Stuart for your replies I am worried about Friday of what they may ask me ?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
Reply To: Had letter back from pip today

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: