Good condition bonus

This topic contains 53 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  BionicRusty (Wayne) 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #107763 Reply

Damo

Hello,

Is the good condition bonus given if you have extended your lease?

Thanks in advance

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #107764 Reply

JS

Yes at present for a full term lease of 3-4-and 5 years are as follows.

GCB Payments

£600 / 3 years.

£700 / 4 years.

£900 / 5 years.

#107779 Reply

Damo

JS thank you that’s fantastic, and a few dealers have said that more often than not it’s always the full amount (my car is in great condition) is that the case?

#107797 Reply

Michael

Hi, yes no problem

#107857 Reply

file28
    Participant

the car is usually assessed when it has its m.o.t. with photos taken and a report forwarded to motability operations for their resale purposes

we are both smokers and ours usually has a full valet clean with the added odour bomb included and when i ask a non smoker to inspect the inside they report no stale tobacco smell

odour bombs can be found on e bay

#107862 Reply

mitch
    Participant

talking with the mini motability rep she was saying some people return the cars in a right state hygene and cleanliness wise and they still get the full gcb as its valeted by the dealer.

i havent heard of anyone not getting the full amount.

#107901 Reply

Renrahs

I’ve never got it in over 10 years and each time Ive returned the cars they only have minor scuffs/trolley dents.

#107903 Reply

Lord Muc

Something wrong, then, you to review what state the car is handed back to a dealer, perhaps ask him to evaluate the gcb, when you are ordering the new car, minor scuffs and scratches, can be dealt with easily and cheaply, and that’s expected, its major interior damage that costs, motobilty are pretty understanding, as different folks have different needs and adaptations to enter and exit the vehicles, and damage will occur, I returned an audi a3, with a massive dent in the rear bumper, after hitting a parking post in a supermarket, rsa, the insurer, said leave it, it will be ok for gcb.

#107904 Reply

Philjb

Something doesn’t sound right to not get anything in 10 years.
    Ive seen some handed back with accident damage to doors and sills and  they still got a cheque within a week.

I’d make sure next time you follow it up and ask for a written report if denied.

#107930 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Something smells fishy there, mine had a rear bumper that looked like a packet of crisps, £600 cheque in the bank in 4 days.

#107945 Reply

Winston

Rear bumper like a packet of crisps lol

nice one mate 🙌🏻🤣

#107947 Reply

JS

I’ve never got it in over 10 years and each time Ive returned the cars they only have minor scuffs/trolley dents.

make sure your address is correct as they send you a check, seriously miner dings and dents are allowed, you may not of got 600 as it’s only recently gone up, for a long while it was 250 then it went up to 500 then they introduced the 600-700-900, i’d be very surprised if retuning 3 cars you’ve not had good condition bonus as Motability has the right to strike you off,

#107948 Reply

Philjb

My thoughts too, if the condition was that poor surely Firstly they would also have insisted on an insurance claim?
    After 3 in a row they can refuse you on the scheme.

#107953 Reply

Renrahs

Honestly, have not received anything.

First car VW Polo had a minor dent in the boot door. Only 12k miles on the clock. Rest of the car was immaculate.

Second car Astra GTC had a small dent on the underside side skirt area, veyy surprised if they had noticed that at all. 18k miles on the clock, inside was immaculate minus a few dog hairs.

And 3rd car Seat Leon 23k on The clock, small chip bottom corner of the front lip, couple stone chips on bonnet and some scuffing on front bumper. This car was accident repaired, but the fault was from the other party. (HGV smashed into it whilst parked at my home). Not sure if that’ll affect the GCB?

#107954 Reply

wonky

Hi Renrahs,   Seriously, phone Motability and ask for explanation, they will have your previous records.
    Please let us know outcome.
    Regards, wonky

#107957 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

I was speaking to an old codger at the park yesterday, he said “a friend” told him that the GCB was now prorata. I am pretty sure this is wrong but haven’t checked with motability.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Brydo.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#107959 Reply

Renrahs

Will do as I am intrigued to read others have received it with what appears to be far worse damage.

#107986 Reply

Colin
    Participant

I just had the full £600 when I handed back my Volvo – it has a small dent in one quarter panel from (I’m guessing) some numpty opening a door and hitting my wheel arch (honestly if you squashed up a pea, you could have easily filled the dent completely), plus about an inch square of stonechips through to the metal on the bonnet – I got the full amount.

I’ve worked in bodyshops as an estimator for several years and if someone had come in with that damage, it would probably have been a £300-500 job as the full bonnet and quarter panel would have had to be painted to bring it back to mint condition.

"Man is born in freedom, but he soon becomes a slave, in cages of convention, from the cradle, to the grave."

#108000 Reply

JS

I was speaking to an old codger at the park yesterday, he said “a friend” told him that the GCB was now prorata. I am pretty sure this is wrong but haven’t checked with motability.

I believe the confusion comes if you cancel your contract or change early. In that scenario it is pro rata but for normal change over it has to be the full term.

#108001 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

I’m sure your right JS.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#108014 Reply

Elliot
    Participant

Just out of interest how do they treat scuffed alloys

#108015 Reply

JS

Wear and tear so should be fine

#108027 Reply

72 dudes

This will be contentious, but as someone who always looks after their cars, whether that’s privately owned, company run or leased, I think Motability should only give the full £600 for cars in immaculate condition.

The amount could be reduced for small areas of damage scuffs etc by say £50 for each area of damage.

This way, most users will get a few hundred pounds back and there would be a good incentive to keep the car clean and tidy inside and out.

(Ducks for incoming criticism) 😆

#108033 Reply

Philjb

It is what it is, the scheme allows fair wear and tear and realise for a lot of disabled folk a car is a vital tool and so some get used harder then others.

#108041 Reply

Colin
    Participant

Specifically regarding the question on alloys – light kerbing and scrapes are considered wear and tear but severe damage is not – there’s a HUGE grey area between light and severe so not sure about that area.

"Man is born in freedom, but he soon becomes a slave, in cages of convention, from the cradle, to the grave."

#108042 Reply

Colin
    Participant

Regarding 72’s comment about the immaculate issue – I think the current system is more realistic. There are very few cars on the road which are truly immaculate after 3 years and up to 60k miles of use.   It should, in my opinion, be more related to blame, or fault. I just handed back a Volvo which was as close to immaculate as I think it’s possible to get after 3 years but there were two imperfections, stonechips on the bonnet and a small dent on the rear wheel arch which I’ve always assumed was a car-park door dent.  The damage couldn’t have reasonably been avoided (well, I suppose I could have always driven at 10 mph or less and never parked in a car park) so I personally agree with the current system.

I did scuff a bumper corner when the car was a few weeks old, but I chose to have that repaired professionally as that WAS my fault and therefore my responsibility – in retrospect I am sure that it would also have been ignored as fair wear and tear under the scheme rules, but I am still comfortable having had it fixed because that was the “right” thing to do, undoing something I did but there other two things were not my doing so I never felt the need to fix them.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 53 total)
Reply To: Good condition bonus

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: