Good condition bonus

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  joss 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #103726 Reply

Shed1965

Hi our car was involved in a accident the other party accepted fault and car was repaired fully,am i right in saying that I will lose my good condition payment

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #103727 Reply

rox

Eligibility
    When you hand back your car, your dealer will take a photo and brief description of the car’s condition. We know that over the course of your lease your car may show signs of wear and tear including minor scratches, dents or damage caused by wheelchairs or other mobility aids. However, if your car shows no sign of serious damage, you could be eligible for the bonus. You may still be entitled even if you have made an insurance claim or have a car on a low mileage lease extension.

#103730 Reply

joss
    Participant

Shed1965

If your car was repaired using Motability agent, Then you should have no problem as the repairs are Guaranteed.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#103734 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

Last year had someone go into the back of me, excepting full responsibility but had RSA ring me after given them the bad news and they said I had got one of the letters wrong in the registration number of the other vehicle and they said I would lose my GCB because they can’t trace the other party.

The guy who hit me had given me his mobile phone number so it was simple to ring him and corrected the fault (don’t know why RSA couldn’t have done that) then RSA sent me a letter saying my record was clean again.

I just wish that RSA would understand that disabled drivers can’t just get out of their cars and run around collecting witness and making sure number plates are read properly when the other party have stopped a hundred yards down the road to avoid blocking bus stops.

Your GCB should be OK Shedi1965.

#103747 Reply

Shed1965

Hi thanks for getting back to me everyone as for the accident I was in bed and not informed until the next day by the police,we called the helpline next day and the car was collected and a hire car dropped off. The person who did the damage was charged by the police and his insurance accepted liability the car is back now you would never know it was damaged

#103750 Reply

wonky

Hi all,

Chris K mentions his gcb  was at risk according to RSA.  I thought this subject had been discussed and the general thought was, gcb cannot be taken off you even for an at fault insurance claim.

I am concerned now because I’ve had a claim against me in the last 3 years. I was looking forward to the £600 gcb  to help fund my next car shortly.

Can we clarify?

Regards, wonky

#103753 Reply

bfoandc

From Motability website:

“When you hand back your car, your dealer will take a photo and brief description of the car’s condition. We know that over the course of your lease your car may show signs of wear and tear including minor scratches, dents or damage caused by wheelchairs or other mobility aids. However, if your car shows no sign of serious damage, you could be eligible for the bonus. You may still be entitled even if you have made an insurance claim or have a car on a low mileage lease extension.”

Hope that helps.

#103754 Reply

joss
    Participant

Just to be absolutely clear. If you are in any doubt what so ever about whether you will get GCB following an accident to your mobility car. Contact Motability customer service and RSA to discuss. Just for piece of mind.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#103756 Reply

wonky

Hi Joss,

Good advice, so I did contact Motability.

GCB is payable even after an insurance claim,  the logic being , the fact you have had a repair ,even if it was your fault and you paid the £100 excess, it should mean the vehicle is in good condition, therefore very saleable, so the bonus is paid.

In the circumstances where the insurance company offer you the option of not doing a repair after a bump, (obviously minor), you could be jeopardising your future GCB.

So now we know!

Regards, wonky

#103767 Reply

joss
    Participant

Cheers for confirming that Wonky

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Good condition bonus

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: