Ford kuga recall

• Creator
    Topic
  • #127015 Reply
    Cooperman

I have to choose new car this quarter so visited ford showroom this morning the mobility rep at sutton coldfield is one of the best around(Tony evans)

The ford kuga is now unavailable to order due to recall due to overheating battery

Only zetec and vignale will be available no titanium no st line or st line x

Stock models are ok but no new orders

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #127021 Reply
    dayskipper

So in those trim levels, no Kugas with any of the engines can be ordered?

#127023 Reply
    Cooperman

The motorbility rep said that even cars in the showroom cannot be sold.in the time I was there he had to inform a mobility customer that his car would be delayed indefinitely

Haven’t found anything on ford website yet but have known mobility rep for 15 yrs and trust him

#127024 Reply
    Cooperman

Ford have already recalled 7000 kugas elsewhere now looking like uk next

#127025 Reply
    Confusicated
    Participant

Is this the new shape Kuga, or the old?

We have a 2019 Vignale.

Current Motability car: Ford Kuga Vignale (2019-old shape) 1.5 petrol auto AWD. AP £2,395 + £199 for 4-way 80kg hoist.

Previous Motability cars:
    2013-16 Ford Focus estate petrol auto. AP £95. No adaptations.
    2016-19 Vauxhal Zafira 1.4T petrol SE Auto. AP £795 inc. basic hoist.

#127027 Reply
    Cooperman

New shape 2020 onwards hybrid has had cases of overheating and even bursting into flames

#127062 Reply
    Martinod

Is the new Kuga  smaller than the old Kuga , I think it looks more like a focus

#127063 Reply
    Confusicated
    Participant

The new Kuga is apparently a little wider, but lower than the old. The downswept arse end suggests the vertical tailgate opening dimension is reduced, and our hist only just fits in the old Kuga. Rules out the new, but were looking for a change anyway.

Current Motability car: Ford Kuga Vignale (2019-old shape) 1.5 petrol auto AWD. AP £2,395 + £199 for 4-way 80kg hoist.

Previous Motability cars:
    2013-16 Ford Focus estate petrol auto. AP £95. No adaptations.
    2016-19 Vauxhal Zafira 1.4T petrol SE Auto. AP £795 inc. basic hoist.

#127419 Reply
    Carl barker

The new kuga boot is a bit bigger plus back seat moves forward

#127516 Reply
    Speedy James

I have a new Kuga Hybrid ST Line X on order from Q3 but not expecting delivery in the new future. Dealer would not be surprised by late Q1 2021.

#127556 Reply
    Speedy James

I should have asked, has anyone else  ordered a Kuga Hybrid? I  would guess it will come back on the scheme when recall and production issues are solved.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Ford kuga recall
Your information: