Feeling Relieved – for now

• Creator
    Topic
  • #160323 Reply
    Ianfca

We have just extended our lease for a further 12 months which will take it up to 5 years after extending last year. We were feeling the pressure to change and we’re getting so fed up of researching cars only for them to either disappear off the scheme or to have an AP out of our reach. Just hope that things start to improve over the next 12 months.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #160326 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

We have just extended our lease for a further 12 months which will take it up to 5 years after extending last year. We were feeling the pressure to change and we’re getting so fed up of researching cars only for them to either disappear off the scheme or to have an AP out of our reach. Just hope that things start to improve over the next 12 months.

In the current climate that seems like a wise move Ianfca. We have just taken delivery of our new car, but if we were due to be ordering now I would be feeling quite anxious about the endless cars disappearing from the scheme (hopefully just for a short period) and the potential for excessive lead times. I can’t help but feel that some people will panic and rush into making a choice that they may later regret. Buying yourself some time is probably the best idea, especially if you are reasonably happy with your current car.

#160334 Reply
    Huffpuffin

Completely agree Glos Guy.

My Tiguan will reach its third birthday at the end of November (so can order at the end of this month), but have taken the decision to extend and adopt a “wait and see” approach.

#160338 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

That’s my thoughts too with the panic order, it’s something I did 3 years ago with the WLTP fiasco back then and although the car I knee jerked into does a very good job I still have that niggly thought in the back of my head I should have waited an extra 9 months, but its hard if the car you have is no longer suitable for your disability and in that respect I’m OK with sitting on the fence for awhile this time around but at least I’m thankful I’m not in the straight jacket that Ianfca is in with end of life of your car approaching in less than a year.

The other downside having put aside £,3,000 plus over the pass 3 years to offset the cost of the high AP’s and adaptions I have to pay for is with her in doors looking at the bank account and mentioning in an off the cuff way that this and that is getting a bit old and looking at to renew things around the house that are nether worn out or broken, oh except my riser recliner that’s looking a bit shabby admittedly but you see the danger some of us live with with our unexpectedly new found wealth thanks to car manufactures.😁

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Feeling Relieved – for now
Your information: