EV Drivers you will like this

• Creator
    Topic
  • #178350 Reply
    Windy
    Participant

So today driving past the BP station I noticed Diesel at 158.9p per litre so this makes it just over £7.22 per gallon. So on my tariff  I can buy just over 131kw of Electricity for that but alas my car will only do about 2.5 miles per KW which means I am only getting just over 327 mpg I hope you are all doing better than me.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #178355 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Windy, there’s a thread below asking why are people on here so righteous.

#178358 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Our Outlander PHEV is showing 2.5 miles per kW today with the aircon and electric heater on, yesterday is was down to 2.2 as I sat in the car with the electric heater on whilst the wife went into the shops, the other day it went as high as 2.7 miles per kW, my usable battery capacity is around 10.4 kWh fortunately I am regenerating approximately 3 kWh over a 18 mile journey roll on the summer.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 PHEV

#178359 Reply
    ajn

Guess I’d have a smirk to looking at the prices on fuel too if I had a zapper, however I’d then think of my Sons Daughters trying to get through life being forced to pay these price to travel to and from work, suddenly my smirk would become less, however that’s just my opinion..

#178360 Reply
    Windy
    Participant

Wigwam I do apologise I did not think I was being Righteous but if so maybe this thread can be removed once again my apologies

#178362 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

I don’t feel you have any need to apologise Windy. I find it interesting to see a conversation to mpg I do find the kw and kWh a little confusing, I should have paid more attention at school. These days anyone having good news is just that, good news.

#178363 Reply
    ajn

<p style=”text-align: left;”>No need to be deleted, or apologise many of posts do get deleted though for some strange reason…</p>

#178364 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

many of posts do get deleted though for some strange reason…

Only get deleted if they are pointless, repetitive, provoking an argument or spam. I have deleted maybe one or two posts in the last week which were both spam.  But posts like yours above fall into most of the categories above.

#178365 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Wigwam I do apologise I did not think I was being Righteous but if so maybe this thread can be removed once again my apologies

Nothing wrong with you post you are highlighting the savings that can be made.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#178366 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

No doubt at present, with the right tariff, Electric works out around 10-15% of the cost of Petrol/Diesel.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by fwippers.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by fwippers.
    #178368 Reply
    DBtruth
    Participant

I’m not an EV driver but I do like this

#178370 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Windy don’t apologise, you have nothing to apologise about. Where i come from your called smart.

Wigwam is the type of guy if you say “up” he says “down”, you say “light” he says “dark”.

Keeping posting about EVs i like to read them, but you will never please everyone.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#178371 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

So today driving past the BP station I noticed Diesel at 158.9p per litre so this makes it just over £7.22 per gallon. So on my tariff I can buy just over 131kw of Electricity for that but alas my car will only do about 2.5 miles per KW which means I am only getting just over 327 mpg I hope you are all doing better than me.

I am afraid we may see £8.00 gallon plus some very higher energy prices in autumn

#178372 Reply
    Windy
    Participant

Oscarmax your right the speed of current increase I think £8 which I think is around £1.75 a litre is getting close. I asked my electric provider Octopus what we might expect and they say hopefully my increase will be from 5.5p night rate to 8.5p but my day rate will more than double. However you have to extract the car from the house when trying to make a like for like comparison

#178373 Reply
    James

We have both an ev and hybrid and the hybrid is going back soon, petrol is getting expensive.

Even now in the winter when ev’s aren’t that good due to battery heating it’s costing less than 2p per mile on octopus energy.

I know at some point ev’s will get more expensive and some new tax will come but enjoying the moment.

#178376 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Windy, I want asking or expecting you to apologise for your post, just cautioning you that everyone knows that those who are fortunate to run EVs can save lots of money. Its been said many times and repeating it can appear a bit self-righteous. I just felt you might be inadvertently falling into the category so much criticised in the other thread.

#178377 Reply
    MickC
    Participant

We will all be buying donkeys soon enough when Putin gets down to the nitty gritty of reverse sanctions,and fuel of all kinds becomes more more expensive,anyone know how many hoof miles you can get to a bale of hay ?

#178382 Reply
    X

Hi, I am going to be an EV driver very soon. Am I going to be put into the righteous box?

X

#178383 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Windy, I want asking or expecting you to apologise for your post, just cautioning you that everyone knows that those who are fortunate to run EVs can save lots of money. Its been said many times and repeating it can appear a bit self-righteous. I just felt you might be inadvertently falling into the category so much criticised in the other thread.

Freedom of speech, simple expression of views. IMO.

#178395 Reply
    ajn

👆🏻👍

#178397 Reply
    Gregdav

I’m hoping in 2 years time that there is a suitable EV for my wife’s powerchair with hoist.

Thank you for posting the information.

We don’t particularly want a van, but something with a large boot/hatch similar to our galaxy would be great.

#178399 Reply
    Windy

Gregdav I have to say we were in the same boat with an Alhambra but with an added pressure of running costs I agree the Vivaro is  just a van with seats all be it a little more friendly inside. However I felt that with the electric we could stay on the road and have a wheelchair hoist etc etc seeing us through the next few years whilst tech and price catches up. I am expecting to increase length of lease in the hope that changes. At least I know what we need and the Vivaro isn’t that far away

#178400 Reply
    Gregdav

Thanks Windy.

#178404 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

I get my company EV car next week and it will be interesting comparing it to my Motability petrol car. I have to admit to worrying about range anxiety as a lot of my journeys will be greater than the range of the car.

#178406 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

I get my company EV car next week and it will be interesting comparing it to my Motability petrol car. I have to admit to worrying about range anxiety as a lot of my journeys will be greater than the range of the car.

The cost are bound to be cheaper as would be ICE if it weren’t for the taxes and duty but someone has to pay for the roads.

Don’t be too smug though with Russian minsters bloating today to Europeans to expect to pay €1,000 per therm of gas soon and although it’s a bit of sabre rattling the cost of electric is going rocket in April without the Russian threats.

#178409 Reply
    Windy
    Participant

Unlike ICE vehicles whereby a few pence saved at a Supermarket fuel station over the Motorway services is the best hope, with EV it’s totally down to where you can source your electricity and how often you can utilise the cheapest source ie home charge. So I think for many the price comparison and convenience (or not )can be very complicated to establish. My opinion would be different now if I was to start again without knowing if I could get a home charger. I certainly would not have risked it. which is sad as less than a year ago I worked out that all would be manageable without a home charger. I fortunately got the home charger despite not fitting the criteria. So moving forward my advice to anyone thinking about an EV is be sure of the home charger first.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
Reply To: EV Drivers you will like this
Your information: