EuropCar Hire Car

• Creator
    Topic
    MickC
    Participant

Any member reviews on the hire car company that Motability use.

Sure i read some on the Advice and Special offers group and they were’nt positive,but i cant get on that group because i was banned the other day for copying and posting a screenshot of a manufacturer’s Q2 price list on this forum.

Anyway does Europcar require a credit card and deposit to be paid if you have a hire car thru Motability ?

My car has got an intermittent EML light coming on RAC came out this afternoon said it has three codes stored to do with airflow/turbo and summat else he advised that the car should go into the dealers tommorow.

I had this morning been into the dealers to have the car its first MOT and check this eml fault but the idiots had’nt got me a a curtesy car booked and asked them for one at the time i made the booking for the MOT two weeks ago,so i had to go home and take the car with me and rebook for the middle of April.

I dont want to have all the faff with Europcar,so i might just not take the car in tommorow and just drive it,the eml light is not currently on.

Oh and had OHME emailing me and phoning me about the charger install i told em i will call them when i’m ready.

Too much stress.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      kezo
      Participant

Take pic’s or a video around the car on collection and return and also a pic showing the fuel guage reading full when you return the car!

jOhn
        Participant

Take pic’s or a video around the car on collection and return and also a pic showing the fuel guage reading full when you return the car!

Best advice ever.

kk
          Participant

I’d agree take a video of the whole car in detail

they tried to tell me I damaged a tire but I didn’t and was proven I didn’t in the end.

they take a £1 fuel deposit that’s all you need to pay

Jojoe
            Participant

Make sure they accurately note the amount of fuel in the car, the £1 deposit often turns into £25. Needle on ours when dropped off was just under the full line, the paperwork said full, I told the driver and he said he’d make a note of it. When they collected, the needle was exactly the same place and they charged us £25. Took 2 weeks to get it back.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.