Electric home charger price

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  eame64 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #103964 Reply

PillBoy
    Participant

Is there a standard price for a fast charger or does it totally depend on the different manufacturers? Don’t really want to be paying circa £600+ for one.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #103965 Reply

Colin
    Participant

Different suppliers, different ratings, different prices but several of the manufacturers on the scheme offer free or subsidised chargers I believe

"Man is born in freedom, but he soon becomes a slave, in cages of convention, from the cradle, to the grave."

#103966 Reply

mitch
    Participant

bmw i3/i3s i know the charger is included as that is the ev i was interested in.

as far as i know the evs on the scheme include the home charger at no cost.

but a quick call to motability ref the model your interested in should confirm.

#103967 Reply

Rhodgie

If you can get one cheap enough it’s worth having but a 3-pin external socket will do just as well, it will be slower but overnight charging should still see you to 100%

#103972 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

I have been studying home charger over the past 12 months, the Chargermaster as subsidies by the dealerships has very poor reviews and customer services, for PHEV you only get the 16 amp model for £250 – £300.

The earlier Rolec again had some issues with poor quality relay, hopefully the later ones are better.

The Podpoint has come out with very good reviews and reliability £229 for a 16 amp teether or non teethered and £279 for the 32 amp version, I am going to go for the 32 amp to save upgrading the charger in the future.

As regards charging points you can always sign up to Chargermaster/BP to use there network.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#103973 Reply

Mike

If I had a new Kia electric car from my dealer 4 miles away coul I charge up there free of charge while I sit 40 mins in the showroom ?

#103974 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

If I had a new Kia electric car from my dealer 4 miles away coul I charge up there free of charge while I sit 40 mins in the showroom ?

Probably, you could always ask

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#103975 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

If Motability put some of it huge reserves and subsidies the Chargemaster monthly membership fee’s,  I think its around £7.00 per month, It would encourage and help Motability customers into EV vehicles.

#103976 Reply

eame64
    Participant

We had a 32a Rolec fitted a year ago for our countryman Phev and its been fine, cost us about £350 fitted with the grant.

Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Electric home charger price

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: