Early cancellation

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Oscarmax 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #95615 Reply

DellBoy
    Participant

Hi all il start 3 yrs ago we got a Ford focus estate turned out wasn’t suitable for the wife who’s the disabled one so we swapped the car to a Ford Kuga and our time was up in December 2018 at that time motorbility had put all the AP up past what we could afford so looking around ended up with the Hyundai Tuscon 16 Satnav version. Now they didn’t have one to test drive so months later we had taken ownership of the tuscon and we haven’t been happy with it at all the engine is week for size off car and its  chewing the fuel up.  About 45 miles there and back so 90 miles is between 25 to 30 pounds worth in fuel. This is taking its toll on our pockets and its nothing to do with putting the foot down as said it’s a very weak engine. Anyways we are wondering if anyone has changed their car a 2nd time or 3rd do know can change 3 times in 7 years but we are very unhappy with it and it’s affecting the wife’s mental health due to fuel cost.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #95627 Reply

Philjb

So You’ve only changed within your contract once before? The focus to the kuga.
    Then you renewed with the Hyundai Tuscan, changing as it’s heavy on fuel may cost you £250 but you are within your rights to change if it isn’t suitable and the running costs are now effecting your wife’s health. That will be change no 2 but should be close to or past the three year limit if I’ve read your post correctly.
    Also there are grants available if you can’t afford AP’s and meet the criteria, ask motability for help in applying.
    Do you have any idea what car you would change to?

#95632 Reply

mitch
    Participant

the important thing is to speak to motability and as philjb says enquire about grants to assist with the ap.

also check the real world fuel economy of any you shortlist there are many websites you can do this on the manufacturers tell porkies and the tests they run are not the same as in the real world.

or even ask on here i am sure someone will have one of the vehicles you like and i am sure they will assist with any  questions you may have.

good luck

#95661 Reply

DellBoy
    Participant

Ty very much guys  yes it was 3 years ago ill have a look for paper work double check the dates.

When we got the car for all the time we waited for it they never had the same model in to test drive they said they would contact me but I was the one doing to contacting all the time it’s a nice car just Hungry

We had the diesel 2ltr basic model and we was getting to Glasgow and back half a tank. So looking at the kuga again but the diesel 1.5 as its good on fuel but will be test driving 1st as I’m used to the 2ltr. Over the weekend we will look into Ap help and stuff. And ty for the info had prenty on and off over the years this sites a godsend

#95675 Reply

JS

I would contact the supplying Garage it sounds more like you have a fuel leak. We have a 67 plate 1.7crdi Automatic Diesel Tucson, live in a hilly/twisty lanes area with lots of short journeys, I would expect our fuel economy to one of the worst around and 11000 miles in we return 37-38 real world MPG so a 90 mile trip would cost £14-£15 so for you to be returning below 20MPG on a trip even with a different engine I would suggest you have a fault of some sort.

when looking at alternatives I would suggest with costs inmind that you concider a Hybrid, if your happy with the Tucson apart from the fuel issue it may be worth flagging the issue with Your dealership and if it is found there is an issue then you maybe able to do an exchange for one of the Mild Hybrid Tucson, that way there would be no early termination charge and your original AP would be considered as Pro rota. The Diesel Hybid Tucson has a claimed 66mpg which equates to around £8 for the 90 mile trip, even allowing for real world MPG as long as it returns early 50’s the trip would come in at under a Tenner. Having the conversation with the dearship first my be a prudent one and beneficial financially to yourself as they may well waver any difference in AP as they get another sale and first refusal on the returned vehicle. Just something to think about.

#95677 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Hi all il start 3 yrs ago we got a Ford focus estate turned out wasn’t suitable for the wife who’s the disabled one so we swapped the car to a Ford Kuga and our time was up in December 2018 at that time motorbility had put all the AP up past what we could afford so looking around ended up with the Hyundai Tuscon 16 Satnav version. Now they didn’t have one to test drive so months later we had taken ownership of the tuscon and we haven’t been happy with it at all the engine is week for size off car and its chewing the fuel up. About 45 miles there and back so 90 miles is between 25 to 30 pounds worth in fuel. This is taking its toll on our pockets and its nothing to do with putting the foot down as said it’s a very weak engine. Anyways we are wondering if anyone has chenged there car a 2nd time or 3rd do know can change 3times in 7 years but we are very unhappy with it and it’s affecting the wife’s mental health due to fuel cost.

Is you Tuscon the 1.6 litre petrol 130bhp manual?

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Early cancellation

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: