Do You Remember When You Could Order A Takeaway When You Wanted It

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Richard 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #111216 Reply

martino

I fancy chicken curry

Do You Remember When You Could Order A Takeaway When You Wanted It

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #111219 Reply

Jane

Most English run take away around here are open only Chinese  run are closed.but I wont go or order one .at least I know what I’m cooking comes from a clean kitchen.

#111229 Reply

Philjb

Use just eat app I use it from time to time. They’re still delivering.

#111230 Reply

Littledave

You can check hygiene ratings of all catering establishments online.

#111233 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

McDonald’s drive through will be first to open I’m sure I miss going out for romantic meals

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#111244 Reply

martino

romantic meals at  McDonalds ?

#111246 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

No I meant other restaurants for romantic meals but think McDonald’s will open first

#111247 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

I do like a fillet of fish

#111248 Reply

Georgie

“Do You Remember When You Could Order A Takeaway When You Wanted It?”  Yes – June 2016.  We used to have three really good Chinese Takeaways around here but after the Referendum the prices shot up and the quality went down, so we stopped having them.  Oh, how I miss the Tasty House pancake rolls: I bought a good Chinese Cookbook and I’m now a dab hand at Sweet and Sour Crispy Chicken with Egg Fried Rice, and pretty much anyone able to use a hob can do a Stir Fry, but I just can’t make a decent Pancake Roll so let’s hear it for Waitrose – YAY! – even if they’re vegetarian (don’t much rate the duck ones).

Ditto the Pizza place, who got rid of all their good Meal Deals, introduced a local Delivery Charge – plus another £1 if you ordered on-line or over the ‘phone!  I think they’re only still in business because they get the Commuters coming home from London.

On the up-side I have lost almost 4 stone since 2017, so . . .   😀

#111265 Reply

martino

delivery here is £2/£2.50 then a tip

#111291 Reply

Donkey Oatie

living where we do, there has never been a takeaway delivery service so don’t miss it at all 🙂

#111433 Reply

Abercol
    Participant

I have Chinese takeaways next door +1, one each side! But the one on the left is better than the one on the right. Both still open, I get freebies too, well, I did sort out their electrics when it blew one night & cleaned their gutters too (because all the crud/water was falling on my driveway/car).

The local Turkish & top notch Pizza joint is across the road & fish & chips 100yd up the hill, next to an Indian takeway.

Spoilt for choice we are, cos’we live on the High Street. Especially as the nearest 3 all take online orders and I get free delivery (well, they are all within 40ft of my door).

We have had pizza at least once a week since lockdown…mmm Pizza…

The only downside is a smell of fried onions/garlic/5 spice in the garden when the wind blows a certain way…if you call it a downside!

And the waistline takes a beating…

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#111443 Reply

Georgie

Mmm . . . pizza.  DH says he’ll make Ham and Pineapple pizza over the weekend.  I tell you, being surrounded by over-priced Takeaways greatly motivated us to become much better cooks!

#111456 Reply

Richard

What’s “funny” here is no deliveries nearest takeaways don’t do delivery so you have to drive & collect your takeaway.

Since the lockdown various companies have decided to deliver due to not having any customers come to them so for the first time we’ve had food delivered here lol.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Do You Remember When You Could Order A Takeaway When You Wanted It

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: