Do you have an exercise routine?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #141175 Reply
    Brydo

To compliment my healthy eating drive, that came to an abrupt halt last night with a chicken satay boiled rice, I was wondering if anyone has an exercise routine they follow.

I try to get out for a walk each day, two miles if possible, and I’m active about the house looking after Mrs brydo but I’m obviously taking in more calories than I’m using.

So if you use a method  that works for you, let us know.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #141208 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

Normally I have a 1 hour chair Yoga exercise session at 1700 on a Monday,  a I hour session on exercise machines on a Tuesday and a Saturday morning, and a 1 hour chair exercise session  on a Thursday morning, plus a weekly ‘walking football’ session on a Wednesday, using my rollator, either outdoors if the weather is ok, or in the Gym if it’s wet or muddy, perhaps I should say ‘weakly’ ? and I used to swim and do pool exercises for an hour, once a week.

Since February last year, it’s down to only the Yoga and chair exercises , which are held at home via Zoom, and the weight has piled on, so I will be glad to get back to the normal routine which is recommended by my consultant ( whom I’m seeing on Monday & I’ll bet he will notice the weight gain ).

VW Tiguan SEL in Silver White.

#141240 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

Used to swim, lots, & since the pools closed I’ve lost muscle tone.

Using a manual wheelchair to exercise here is impossible because it’s simply too hilly, & until we’re allowed to travel to exercise again there is no exercise. Only walking, running & cycling allowed, & I can’t do any of those.

#141399 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

Since February last year, it’s down to only the Yoga and chair exercises , which are held at home via Zoom, and the weight has piled on, so I will be glad to get back to the normal routine which is recommended by my consultant ( whom I’m seeing on Monday & I’ll bet he will notice the weight gain ).

He did indeed notice the weight gain, but surprisingly pushed it aside, a he admitted that he had also gained a few pounds, even though he was working longer hours etc during the Covid 19 crisis (both paid and voluntary hours ) but also admitted that longer hours meant more snacks for energy?

He told me try and lose a bit, gradually, and keep up the healthy eating, but in his opinion.
    ( a Senior Consultant Neurologist)  it is the wrong time – better to put our energy into protecting ourselves and our families from Covid , at the moment, and tackle other things  once the crisis is over?

VW Tiguan SEL in Silver White.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Do you have an exercise routine?
Your information: