Diet tips advice ?

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant

What food and snacks advice can anyone give me who is trying to lose weight ? I’m now 11 stone 7 pounds I’ve lost 4 pounds in the last 4 weeks my local surgery and my consultant in spinal injuries told me to lose weight . I feel so much better it’s helped my walking etc even getting out of car etc . I’m now on a permanent diet of eating low fat food veg fruit etc any tips be very much welcome thankyou for reading

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      kezo
      Participant

Below the do’s and don’t’s there is a weight loss plan, recipes etc 🙂

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-weight/managing-your-weight/tips-to-help-you-lose-weight/#SnippetTab

Jojoe
        Participant

I’ve always found cutting carbs to a bare minimum helps. I cut out bread, pasta, rice and reduce the amount of potatoes. I love curries and replaced the rice with cauliflower rice, you can buy it in Asda it’s frozen in bags of four portions, simply microwave for a couple of minutes, it massively reduces the carbs and calories of rice.

Participant

Many thanks

Participant

What food and snacks advice can anyone give me who is trying to lose weight ? I’m now 11 stone 7 pounds I’ve lost 4 pounds in the last 4 weeks my local surgery and my consultant in spinal injuries told me to lose weight . I feel so much better it’s helped my walking etc even getting out of car etc . I’m now on a permanent diet of eating low fat food veg fruit etc any tips be very much welcome thankyou for reading

My doctor told me to start eating a boiled egg with a slice of wholemeal bread for breakfast two or three mornings each week, as not only does it give you energy and make you feel full for longer, it is also good for you. I was a bit sceptical but it definitely works and has helped me lose nearly 20kg. (44lb in old money!) Funnily enough, I read something at the weekend with the same advice.

I’ve also started eating cauliflower rice instead of normal rice, as Jojoe also recommends above.

DumfriesDik
              Participant

Another vote for carb cutting. At first it is easy, but give it a month and you will climbing the walls for carbs! Not sure about low fat. There is a lot of chatter around low carb high fat diets.

It is a serious lifestyle shift to loose weight, however you do it. I salute you sir.

VW ID3 Max is my DD

Jojoe
                Participant

Eggs are a very good source of protein and they’re very filling,  there’s cholesterol in the yolk but I have an allergy to egg yolk so only eat the white part which has the most protein and barely any fat. I have an egg white for breakfast most days. You can buy a carton of egg white and just fry or microwave how much you want. Have a look at Two Chicks it’s around £3.50 for a carton that contains the equivalent of 15 egg whites, you’ll find it in the fridge near the butter.

Participant

Ido love a fried runny egg on toast mmmmm

DumfriesDik
                    Participant

on toast

Boom, there’s your problem (and mine)! Drop the toast and have eggs with bacon, much better for you.

VW ID3 Max is my DD

Jojoe
                      Participant

on toast

Boom, there’s your problem (and mine)! Drop the toast and have eggs with bacon, much better for you.

I agree with this, though I try and keep bacon to once a month. I eat lots of meat, cheese and eggs. It makes you feel fuller for longer and doesn’t mess with your blood sugars as much as carbohydrate heavy foods like bread and pasta. If you’re hungry have some cheese or a boiled egg.

DumfriesDik
                        Participant

Urgh, I went to an afternoon tea yesterday and my bloods are still over 20 this morning.

VW ID3 Max is my DD

tvs
                          Participant

We eat whole foods, but in small amounts. Very little processed. Butter, Full fat Milk, Cheese etc. Cook from scratch, made Lemon Chicken with Asparagus, fine beans, Tasty Salad, few boiled potatoes last night – Lovely

Soft boiled egg with solders for breakfast. Slowly losing weight, lost 21lbs in last year. No diet, tasty food, small portions works for us.

2024 - KIA EV6 GT Line AWD
                            2019 - 2024 BMW X1 2.0d X Drive Sport Auto
                            2017 -2019 Audi Q3 2.0d Quattro Sport Line Plus
                            2005 - 2017 Honda CRV Exec 2.0d

Brydo
                            Participant

Losing weight, and keeping it off, is almost impossible for me. I’ve managed to lose over a stone a couple of times in the past decade but, inevitably, its crept back on. I’m probably about two stone too heavy and with a dodgy heart I know I should be lighter but getting there and staying there are two different things.

My wife says I need to be on two diets as one isn’t enough lol.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
                              Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.