Damage to car

This topic contains 16 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Rolly 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #117348 Reply

Rolly

Hi

i picked up a new car 2 days ago and have brought it home, today i have found damage on the front of the car and number plate.

i have pictures of the car all the way round on the forecourt before i drove it and when I zoom in I can see the damage.

Obviously I am very upset and worried now.

any advise would be appreciated

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #117350 Reply

Elliot
    Participant

Have you spoken to Motability Rolly?

Maybe they should be your first port of call especially if you have the photos to prove it.

#117353 Reply

Rolly

Hi Elliot

i phoned the dealership and they told me the person who i dealt with is busy and they will get back to me.

I am on hold to Motability now about this.

#117354 Reply

Elliot
    Participant

Good luck Rolly.

#117357 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

@rolly, what a downer. But easily fixable.

It’s brilliant you’ve got pics there for back up.

I’d call Motability for advice but would definitely call the dealer and explain. As the car is new and was damaged at the dealer and before delivery, Motability may want the dealer to take ownership.

This is what Motability say about minor damage but your situation is slightly different.
    Either way. Good luck. 🤞

https://www.motability.co.uk/contact/faqs/i-have-got-some-minor-damage-to-my-car-do-i-have-to-set-up-a-claim

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#117367 Reply

Rolly

Hi

Motability have told me to sort it out with the dealership. Only if we can not sort it out they will get involved.

I am going to try my best and hopefully the salesman who I dealt with sounds genuine and was nice.

@bionicrusty it is upsetting as the Tiguan I ordered got held up due to Covid and I have waited months for it to arrive.

fingers crossed 🤞 this is sorted quickly and thank you for all your support

#117369 Reply

Elliot
    Participant

Let us know how you get on Rolly.

#117373 Reply

Philjb
    Participant

They will just fix it Rolly and give you a courtesy car too, especially as you have photos as evidence.

Most of these plastic bumpers can be invisibly repaired very easily. Just make sure all the lights and parking sensors work as they should after.

Good luck.

Tiguan fan boy

#117376 Reply

Rolly

Thanks for the heads up about checking all the lights and sensors work.

i will definitely update you about what happens next…

#117397 Reply

JS

well done Roly its a great idea to take photos, we should all get in the habit of taken a front/rear/sides photos not just for picking up new vehicles but dropping it of for services etc and of hire vehicles. hopefully yours is an easy fix and hassle free because of it.

#117400 Reply

joss
    Participant

When I pick up my new cars, I make a video on my phone. Walk around the car with the rep doing the hand over. That way they know you have evidence down the line should you need it. Also do the same on hand back at end of lease. Piece of mind goes a long way to satisfaction.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#117401 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Well done @rolly 👏👏
    And your experience is all the proof we should need for following the good advice to take pictures from pick up to drop off.
    And if you don’t need them for evidence, then post them here for us all to admire. 😁

#117458 Reply

JS

And if you don’t need them for evidence, then post them here for us all to admire.

lol Wayne,very true and its a back up, quite a few of our members dont see/use our sticky in Forum Specials and could do with sharing. its great to put a car to a name lol.

Forum Members cars

#117490 Reply

Rolly

So when I went to collect my car, I took my friend along to specifically take a few pictures (he ended up taking 60 pictures and 8 videos) which I thought was a bit excessive but so glad he did now.

so here are a few pics of my new 20 plate Tiguan R Line Tech 2.0 TDI auto DSG in Silver.

I really do not want to hand over the car to anyone even to fix It, really enjoying the car and the 7 speed gearbox is just amazing.

#117503 Reply

Philjb
    Participant

Very nice Rolly ours is metallic grey, I’m sure you will love it.

when we picked ours up Last December it was getting dark so I made the dealer park it up just inside the dealership so I could make a walk around video.

More for me to show it off to friends and family then for damage but it’s always a good idea to take pictures and somebody else to witness the hand over and look around it with you without the I just want you you lovely new car, mind set.

Tiguan fan boy

#117510 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

@JS Absolutely. It pays to advertise the thread. 😁

@rolly She looks gorgeous. I’ve always veered to white but wow, that colour looks amazing. 👏👏

#117512 Reply

Rolly

Thank you.
    Its funny you say that, I also veered towards white and actually changed my mind in the dealership the day I went to make my order after seeing the silver Tiggy in person.

For £2349.00 which is a big amount to me, I think you get a lot for your money and well worth it.

@philjb The metallic grey colour looks amazing on road. I know what you mean about wanting to show the car off to family and that was also another reason for getting pictures taken !

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
Reply To: Damage to car

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: