CREDIT CARD

• Creator
    Topic
  • #130554 Reply
    matt

hi am due to pick my new car up next week.i left a £1000 depoist and the dealer just rung me to ask if i caould pay the rest by bank transfer. i said i was paying with my credit card.he said he would have to ask his manager.said something about money laundering.the rest off the balance is £2749.as anyone els had a problem paying a big ap on credit card?

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #130559 Reply
    pswoff

Yes, I remember when I paid my AP Bristol Street Ford said I could only pay so much on a credit card. It was only £995 but i couldn`t pay it all by card because of money laundering.

#130562 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

I had this argument in VW and at the end of the day they cant stop you but they have to ring through for manual authorisation. Guess with some garages its too much trouble.

----------------------------
    Tiguan SEL Auto in Tungsten Silver
    Metal Detectorist & scale modeller
    in my spare time

#130568 Reply
    Martinod

money laundering surly that would be cash not credit card as that’s all traceable,I did get told one they probably was a charge for mr for using a credit card because of fees, but I don’t think they can do that anymore

#130573 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

I just told them that is how i wanted to pay and if they disagreed i would just walk away. He went away for 10 min then came back and said OK and took payment. At the end of the day its your money and as long as it clears its your choice.

in my spare time

#130574 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

You are able to settle the balance by credit card. As suggested the dealership will incur a charge and would prefer not to, it used to be around 3% for Visa/MasterCard and over 5% for American Express.

#130579 Reply
    PJL

You should have no problem paying by credit card, provided within credit limit. Stick to your guns, dealer is trying it on.

#130580 Reply
    file28
    Participant

If I remember rightly it was £9,999 cash, if you go over then the money laundering comes into it

We have used credit cards before for various amounts up to £1,500

And cash up to £2,000

Never had any problems

"the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams-its heaven and hell "(RJD)
    Seat Ateca FR Black Edition 2.0tsi 190 dsg 4drive Nevada White

#130581 Reply
    Azzy

I wouldn’t have thought credit card would be an issue.

I usually pay cash but they say only up to £1000 which meant having to use debit card.

I can understand money laundering through cash but not CC.

I use to always use cash but now prefer to use CC for everything over £100 for insurance, I suppose dealerships know about this so hate it

#130583 Reply
    matt

they wont take cash i offered he said i had to ring up and they would do it over the phone with the credit card am only using credit card as i get 10% cash back on so its £274 back towards the AP.

#130584 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Same here, thats why i used it.

in my spare time

#130585 Reply
    matt

he seemed shocked when i said it lol

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: CREDIT CARD
Your information: