Christmas – I hate it!

This topic contains 18 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  fwippers 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #97527 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Here we are again in the season of excesses – money, food and drink.

As much as I dislike all of these indulgences, the main thing I hate about Xmas is the TV. What a load of chunk they chuck onto the screens, repeat after repeat after repeat. TV films that we have watched countless times and pantos full of Z list celebrities.

So Santa please, please, please give we, the viewers something decent to watch.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #97548 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

My favourite part of Christmas is the Christmas dinner 

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#97556 Reply

Winston

That pic makes me hungry 😋

#97557 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

A nice mince pie Winston 

#97564 Reply

fwippers
    Participant

Perhaps the TV companies should show new innovative programmes . Much of what’s on offer is very poor. Roll on Easter. How about a show focussing on hats from the 1940s!

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  fwippers.
    #97571 Reply

POPS

TV isn’t a big part of our Christmas experience as a family. With SKY and multiple streaming services practically anything can be watched at anytime, so we tend to have plenty of good conversation and lots of laughs, while we play family games and ignore the TV.

#97578 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

I’m like Brydo.  Unfortunately Mrs Wigwam is the opposite, goes totally overboard with decorations and lights and a real  tree I have to put up and cooks 10 times as much food as we can eat, Invites everyone round. And don’t get me started on presents….

#97642 Reply

fwippers
    Participant

This time next month it will all be over and we can focus sharply on the new year, Euro2020 & other things.

#97649 Reply

Dragonfly

The problem with Xmas is as you get older your presents become socks and handkerchiefs rather than Train and Scalextric sets. Also I know all the words to The Great Escape, The Guns of Naverone, The Wizard of Oz,  etc.

#97652 Reply

fwippers
    Participant

Box of chocolates. Generic gift.

#97735 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

I’d like a Jo Swinson calendar

#97945 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Wish you were in my family Mike then I would know what to get you, and you sound inexpensive.

Do they do a weather girls Callander?

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#97946 Reply

POPS

The Christmas tree and house decorations will be put up on Sunday (December 1st). Exciting times.

#97951 Reply

brydo

That should read calendar lol

#97960 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Brydo I don’t think the bbc do a weather ladies calendar I’ve searched online and eBay same with a carol kirkwood or Louise minchin calendar it’s a shame

#97961 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

A cardboard cut out of jo Swinson is £36 on eBay !

#97964 Reply

brydo

They’re missing a trick there mike, have just spotted a gap in the market lol.

#97975 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

You have indeed Brydo we going to see Le Mans 66 tonight at cinema Ferrari v Ford

#98050 Reply

fwippers
    Participant

Christmas  now just 1 day. Unfortunately McDonald’s are closed but we have one nearby at motorway services to save the day.

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
Reply To: Christmas – I hate it!

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: