Chip shop bargain !

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant

Yesterday I had large chips jumbo battered sausage and mushy peas from my small old traditional chip shop in my village price was £5.20  it was wonderful

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Jojoe
      Participant

Nice! We were planning on having Chinese last night but I ended up making a Spag Bol with my special extra veg, a pack of chestnut mushrooms and 1 large grated carrot 🥕.

Phaedra
        Participant

Chinese here tonight, hopefully!

My friend and his wife are planning on coming through, I have two local Chinese takeaways, one is terrible the other is pretty good but expensive!.  I have another I now use about 5 miles away, portions of rice and noodle style main dishes are about twice the size of my local ones and only about 50p-£1 more.  A chicken fried rice is easily enough for the 3 of us!, add some soft fried noodles with beansprouts and onions (again a larger portion) and some bits and pieces and all in it’s about £18-£19 👍

If they don’t come plan B is a Tesco shepherd’s pie with new potatoes, carrots and peas, I know which one I’m hoping for  😹

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Buzz
          Participant

Yesterday I had large chips jumbo battered sausage and mushy peas from my small old traditional chip shop in my village price was £5.20 it was wonderful

The Chip shop I go to still wrap up meals in newspaper.

Yesterday I got a Plaice in The Sun.

I’ll get me coat….

Rich44
            Participant

We usually buy the pap special takeaway I’m not old enough but cid and chips for £6 plus slightly smaller portions just about right size for me.

As nice as the local coastal chippies are here I’ve found you cannot beat the battered cod at Morrisons cafe in Fakenham it’s almost free lol and it’s soooo good. Even cod at Wetherspoons was really nice recently too.

French’s and Plattens at Wells next the sea, Holt Fishbar in Holt as well as both local Eric’s restaurant and takeaway also Wills Plaice at East Runton all really nice.

Number one in Cromer is often good but had some bad experiences there too but £3.50 for a battered sausage….

It is nice to not cook and have fish and chips occasionally

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.