Bmw x1

• Creator
    Topic
  • #167064 Reply
    Shellie
    Participant

Can finally say after a long wait x1 is now in the uk just waiting now for it to get to dealership

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #167069 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Hopefully the wait now will be quite short.

#167070 Reply
    Shellie
    Participant

Hopefully it came into U.K. yesterday first thing fingers crossed it’s not long

#167078 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

From memory with my X1 back in 2018, I think it was around 2 weeks, it has to go to a compound then transported to the dealer for PDI. etc.

#167085 Reply
    Shellie
    Participant

Thanks i extended my lease on my car now to 5 years so been a while since I got new car will say updates from dealership haven’t been to good well only had handful since April

#167086 Reply
    joss

Not long now Shelly. hope the X1 meets all your expectations.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#167093 Reply
    Shellie
    Participant

Thanks joss I’m starting to be apprehensive especially been first automatic

#167097 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Switching from manual to automatic should be a piece of cake.

#167100 Reply
    joss

It’s a very easy switch from manual to auto box. BMW have one of the best auto boxes on the market imho Shellie.  Just select drive and off you go. Brilliant in slow traffic.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#167132 Reply
    Shellie
    Participant

Thanks just been told it should be at retailers today so see if dealership rings me today

#167141 Reply
    struth
    Participant

thats great news… yup autos are a doddle to drive; once youve had a good one you wont likely go back

#167145 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Just remember to only drive with one foot.

#167148 Reply
    Shellie

Dealership just rang be handover next week they think just need to pay my advance payment now it’s been a long time coming that’s for sure so glad I ordered when I did

#167162 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Excellent news Shellie. We are delighted with ours. Having had a dozen or more higher range BMW’s over the years I was half expecting the X1 to be a bit of an anti-climax, but it’s a great car. If I was ordering again today I would order exactly same car. Nothing else on the scheme remotely appeals to me at present.

As a point of interest I am driving a high spec £45k Mercedes GLB this week. It’s not on the scheme but if it had been I would have been tempted. However,  having driven it for a few days now I wouldn’t swap it for the X1. Other than size, the X1 betters it in virtually every area.

#167191 Reply
    Shellie

@glos guy thanks it’s been a long time that’s for sure that’s good to know that you would chose x1 again I’m at the I hope I made right choice phase today but out of list that was only one I would chose but I always get like this before change of car it’s a big decision just want it now but I can’t say I won’t miss the xc60 as I would so far it’s the best one I’ve had over the years but time for a change as they say haha

#167224 Reply
    tvs
    Participant

Have an 2019 X1 2.0d Sport AWD Auto. Love the car, 40+ MPG smooth and quick.

Good headroom, (essential for me) will extend as nothing on the scheme matches it.

Will stay with diesel, not interested in electric cars.

#167333 Reply
    Shellie

We finally have a collection day it’s Tuesday I’ve done my ap now just need to get my personal bits from my car then new car it is must find out how to wipe my information from my car first

#167340 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Very exciting Shellie! Most importantly of all, just remember to forget your left leg (if that makes sense) 😂. Just plant your left foot on the footrest and forget that it exists. Once you’ve mastered it you won’t want to go back to a manual! I hope that the handover is efficient and don’t forget to tell us your first impressions and how you are getting on with it!

#167346 Reply
    Shellie

Of course I will and thanks for advice over these past months

#167363 Reply
    joss

Also Shellie, hands of gear stick lol as nice as it is.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#167506 Reply
    Shellie

Well it’s finally here so far find it lovely to drive only thing that’s bugging me the weather app not working anyone any ideas I know it’s a little thing but haha

#167508 Reply
    Shellie

Can we use the gps for vehicle position does anyone know

#167517 Reply
    joss

@Shelly The weather app is intermittent at the best of times. Has a mind of it’s own. Ask BMW genius on line via chat.

As for gps position ask BMW genius again. You might find this useful.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#167521 Reply
    Shellie

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Thanks joss it’s all about getting used to it now will charge phone ready for all my genius questions thanks for the link gonna read now</p>

#167529 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Congratulations on your new car Shellie. I’m pleased to hear that your first impressions are positive. My weather app works but I don’t use it so can’t help I’m afraid. You will find iDrive a joy to use. It’s so intuitive you don’t need a manual and the rotary dial is much easier (and safer) to use on the move than touch screen systems. I’ve just had to drive a Mercedes for a week and the MBUX system (their equivalent of iDrive) is very complicated in comparison and nowhere near as easy (or as intuitive) to use. I was very glad to get back in the X1 afterwards!

I hope that you are getting used to the auto?  Over time you will find that it’s so much more relaxing than a manual car, plus with modern autos you don’t really take an mpg hit like you used to in the past.

#167648 Reply
    Shellie
    Participant

Thanks glos guy must admit I do love it there’s a few things I’m figuring out how to work but I will get there thanks for all help over past few months

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
Reply To: Bmw x1
Your information: