Bmw x1

• Creator
    Topic
  • #154359 Reply
    Shellie

Well it’s almost a week since my x1 order number got cancelled am still waiting for dealership to call with new number getting seriously cheesed off now the customer service is shocking

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #154368 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

BMW X1 and X2 models are facing delays due to the chip shortage – as is the 1 Series. These three models now have quite a wait.

#154372 Reply
    joss

@Shellie

Contact motability customer service. Advise them of you’re situation and poor communication with the dealership.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#154375 Reply
    Shellie

I have finally pinned dealer down got third new order number with estimated date of 8th September not bad considering it was ordered 6th April hope the car makes up for the bad customer service haha I just had a thought I wonder how many use the park assist I think it may scare me at first I can get excited now that we have an actual slot haha

#154436 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Ordered our X1 in the last week of March. Dealer said delivery likely to be September. They then managed to nab a cancellation from another BMW dealer which moved our anticipated delivery forward to end of June but that’s now slipped to end of July. Personally, I will be staggered if we get it before September. The only positive about these prolonged delays is the fact that as we haven’t paid a deposit, if something better comes on the scheme in July we will cancel!

#155956 Reply
    Shellie

Morning @gloss guy have you had any updates on your x1 I’ve not checked with ours as yet I know u ordered before me in first instance

#155957 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Morning @gloss guy have you had any updates on your x1 I’ve not checked with ours as yet I know u ordered before me in first instance

Hi Shellie. My dealer check’s the status every week on the BMW system and, as of a few days ago, it was still saying that delivery would be the last week of July. I remain doubtful though. For that to happen the car would need to go into production next week at the absolute latest and it hasn’t been locked down for production yet. The dealer is being straight with me as they are going on what the BMW system tells them, but they also told me when I ordered (end March) that lead times were around 5 months and the semiconductor chip shortage has worsened since then. I have already had the Harman/Kardon Surround Sound System option cancelled from the order, which is a pain. I would put my money on September at the earliest, but I’m prepared to be surprised. My order was slotted in to a cancelled order slot, so I should get it quicker than if that hadn’t happened.

Still going to see what happens when the July price list comes out, although the way that the scheme is going I’d be staggered if anything better comes on. The X1 PHEV would be a dilemma though, although that would mean going to the back of a very long queue again. I would think that BMW are selling so many of those to company car drivers (for the lower tax) that they don’t need to mess around with us lowly Motability folk though!

#155984 Reply
    Shellie

A friend ordered a one on 6th March a 3 series I think not on motorbility and she got hers last or week before it was 12 weeks from order to collection which does give a bit of hope I do think it’s also if there’s any extras added this time we haven’t added anything so it’s just as is maybe that’s a good thing when I asked my dealership they say week commencing 30th August at the latest I’m still holding onto hope a bit but will be cheesed off if it comes for 30th August when new registration is so close haha fingers crossed 🤞 for us all

#155986 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

A friend ordered a one on 6th March a 3 series I think not on motorbility and she got hers last or week before it was 12 weeks from order to collection which does give a bit of hope I do think it’s also if there’s any extras added this time we haven’t added anything so it’s just as is maybe that’s a good thing when I asked my dealership they say week commencing 30th August at the latest I’m still holding onto hope a bit but will be cheesed off if it comes for 30th August when new registration is so close haha fingers crossed 🤞 for us all

You can’t really read anything into that Shellie as the 3 Series is a completely different car and probably built in a different factory altogether, so lead times will be wildly different. Not ordering any options will definitely help you though. You don’t have to take delivery immediately, so if it arrives the last week of August you can ask them to register it Sep 1st for the new reg if you would prefer.

#155988 Reply
    Shellie

I have asked the dealership that question on registration but they haven’t replied my friends is a gorgeous fire truck red like our xc60 wish we had choice of that but hers is an m sport she did have x1 and loved it so hopefully we will love ours too good luck with your I will keep an eye on here for any updates I will update with ours when we get any

#156003 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I have asked the dealership that question on registration but they haven’t replied my friends is a gorgeous fire truck red like our xc60 wish we had choice of that but hers is an m sport she did have x1 and loved it so hopefully we will love ours too good luck with your I will keep an eye on here for any updates I will update with ours when we get any

By coincidence I’ve just had another update from my dealer. My order has now moved to ‘scheduled for production’ with customer spec now locked down (no further changes possible). That should mean that it’s built over the next week or so, in which case end of July remains possible, but we will believe it when we see it!

#156007 Reply
    Shellie

That’s really good makes me feel a bit more positive

#156015 Reply
    AlanBang
    Participant

Ours is estimated for the 1st week of Sept (ordered earlier this month)   Whilst I’m a little dubious, there is of course the small chance it will be correct…well that’s what I’m hoping for!   We only ordered tech pack 1 (along with the sports seats/sunglass) and initially there were dealership doubts on the wireless charging module.  However the dealership believes it will be included.

#156018 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Ours is estimated for the 1st week of Sept (ordered earlier this month) Whilst I’m a little dubious, there is of course the small chance it will be correct…well that’s what I’m hoping for! We only ordered tech pack 1 (along with the sports seats/sunglass) and initially there were dealership doubts on the wireless charging module. However the dealership believes it will be included.

Fingers crossed for you. Three months would win the prize! I believe that Tech Pack 1 no longer has enhanced Bluetooth, not that I know what that is! I’ve ordered it primarily for the Adaptive Headlights, High Beam Assist and Reversing Camera, but the wireless charging will be useful, although I’d need to upgrade my iPhone or get a case that enables my phone to charge wirelessly.

#157048 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Update on our X1 order – The car has now gone into production and could be at the supplying dealership by the end of this month. This would be 4 months from ordering, but it would have been longer had the dealer not been able to nab a cancelled order slot that was already in the queue.

I had wondered if anything better would appear in the Q3 price list yesterday, as it would have given me a dilemma, but that wasn’t the case. Good to see that the 20i 4WD variant in xLine trim remains, albeit with a £100 price increase, as punchy 2.0 litre premium SUV’s with good levels of standard kit and 4WD are as rare as hens teeth on the Motability scheme now, sadly. For those wanting a diesel, the addition of the 18d is welcome. I had two on extended test drives and the engine is a peach. So refined, quiet and powerful and although, on paper, it’s 40bhp down on our 190bhp Tiguan, you wouldn’t think it.

#157076 Reply
    Shellie

Looking at the list now I am pleased we ordered when we did and glad I ordered the x1 just can’t wait till mine goes into production it’s saying end of July to first week of August for production will be happy when it moves to next status hopefully that will be soon at the min it’s scheduled for production just kind of want it now waited so long and I’m not a very patient person how long is it since yours was at locked down stage @glosguy

#157079 Reply
    Shellie

Ours is 112 now scheduled for daily production pack they said this morning

#157089 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Ours is 112 now scheduled for daily production pack they said this morning

I suspect they mean 1200 Scheduled for Production. Mine was at that stage for a month at least before being locked down. The car is built within a couple of weeks of being locked down.

#157097 Reply
    Shellie

Hopefully not be too much longer

#157098 Reply
    NosherN
    Participant

Update on our X1 order – The car has now gone into production and could be at the supplying dealership by the end of this month. This would be 4 months from ordering, but it would have been longer had the dealer not been able to nab a cancelled order slot that was already in the queue.

GlosGuy has your build had any options removed? Harmon Kardon or Passenger Seat Lumbar Support?

My Niece has a X2 M-Sport on order and has just been advised that Harmon Kardon is not available. No mention of the lumbar support yet but she is expecting the news that the passenger lumbar support is not available anytime soon.

In the meantime she has submitted a request to defer her order for 6 weeks to see if there are any changes to 22MY as she does not want her order without the options she chose.

#157101 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

GlosGuy has your build had any options removed? Harmon Kardon or Passenger Seat Lumbar Support? My Niece has a X2 M-Sport on order and has just been advised that Harmon Kardon is not available. No mention of the lumbar support yet but she is expecting the news that the passenger lumbar support is not available anytime soon. In the meantime she has submitted a request to defer her order for 6 weeks to see if there are any changes to 22MY as she does not want her order without the options she chose.

Yes. Harman Kardon removed, which is a bugger. All other options OK (inc Adaptive Headlights, HUD etc). Didn’t order Lumbar. Ruddy chip shortage seems to be affecting so many manufacturers and options at present.

Edit – not sure if waiting for 22MY will resolve the HK issue?

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by Glos Guy.
    #157114 Reply
    NosherN
    Participant

Yes. Harman Kardon removed, which is a bugger. All other options OK (inc Adaptive Headlights, HUD etc). Didn’t order Lumbar. Ruddy chip shortage seems to be affecting so many manufacturers and options at present. Edit – not sure if waiting for 22MY will resolve the HK issue?

You should be due a financial credit should due to HK deletion and I would be most interested in what BMW offer, as correct me if I am wrong that HK is part of a Technology Pack? On the X5 BMW deemed a credit for HK deletion was only worth £300.00 although most BMW owners will know that HK as a standalone otion in previous years was about £700/800.00. As you will be aware my X5 order was cancelled due to HK shortages which was a great disappointment, However, BMW would allow a extra cost upgrade to a Bowers & Wilkins system at £3250.00 of which there is aparent plentiful supply.

With regards to HK on 22MY X1, if the X3 is anything to use as a potential marker we could see the return of HK in the 22MY X1 as at present HK is not available on 21MY X3 but has no restriction on availability for 22MY!

Having had my X5 order cancelled I turned my attention to the possibility of purchasing a 22MY X3 M40d. However, it appears that the passenger seat lumbar support is only available for the extra cost option of  M sport seats. As a back sufferer I require lumbar support as a proiority option so I specified the M Sport Seat option only to discover that the seat width adjustment is deleted, although it is available on the standard sport seats! Due to this discrepancy I am now back at the drawing board deciding whether to wait until what 2022 brings, but I am not holding out for much hope anything changes!

#157115 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

NosherN – HK is a stand alone option, so I just won’t be paying for it, as opposed to needing a credit. I considered buying an X3 privately but can’t get excited about them in the same way as I can the X5. I was also surprised to discover that the interior dimensions of the X3 are no bigger than the X1. I was passed on the motorway today by an X3M though in a very nice shade of silver and the colours and the quad exhausts etc looked very smart!

#157135 Reply
    PillBoy
    Participant

If anything like their home hi-fi range, the  Bowers & Wilkins system would make everything else sound like a transistor radio.

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
Reply To: Bmw x1
Your information: