B200 amg prem plus auto

• Creator
    Topic
  • #121758 Reply
    Shaine

Has anyone driven one? I currently have a Leon fr 1,8tsi dsg which is fairly nippy. I was wondering if this engine is going to feel underpowered by comparison? Opinions please.

I will test drive soon obviously but thought I’d put it out there.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #121764 Reply
    Andy

I struggled to get a test drive in a b200 petrol so I had a test in an A200 ,same engine and gearbox .

Was never going to get an A class as it’s too low but wanted to see how it was.

only had it an hour but got a mixture of town and motorway in and found it effortless to drive with plenty of punch if that helps

#121770 Reply
    Stephanie O’Donnell

We had an extended test drive in the B200 amg premium plus auto in February and it was smooth and very responsive. You really would think it had a more powerful engine. We were so impressed we placed an order after the test drive. Sadly this was cancelled during lockdown…..still not sure how, but that’s another story!

We we’re unable to test drive a Volvo XC40 as no dealer had one at the time,  so decided to try again before reordering the B200. We loved it so much that we’ve decided to go ahead and order the XC40 instead.

I’m sure you will be very impressed with the B Class.

#121772 Reply
    Markw
    Participant

That exact Leon was my previous vehicle so I know what a hoot it is to drive, A little bit of research suggests that you won’t lose much performance in the very nice Merc.

Currently driving Seat Ateca 2.0 FR Sport TDI 190 DSG 4drive

#121782 Reply
    Shaine

Thanks for the replies folks. I’m hoping to test drive soon

#121813 Reply
    Craig T

I’ve ordered a B class premium B180. Should get it hopefully in nov/early December. Originally ordered a b class. B200 sport but order got curtailed due to Covid.

#121830 Reply
    PillBoy
    Participant

I was considering ordering that exact same model and managed to sort a half day test drive (Didn’t tell the I was a Motability customer),  but after a couple of hours of driving I returned the car as my back was in agony.  I had tried altering the seat in every way possible, but to no avail.  My wife felt exactly the same and couldn’t wait to get out of the car.

The seats are the same sports ones that are used in the 1 series and are very firm, and there is no other option.  I would spend as much time as possible in the seat to make sure it’s ok for you.

#121831 Reply
    John Newton

I have one coming at the end of October it wasn’t even on my radar , but the VW Tiguan price shot up.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: B200 amg prem plus auto
Your information: