Audi frustration

• Creator
    Topic
  • #141391 Reply
    Fadge
    Participant

Hi all,

Im new to the forums, I ordered a Q3 35 TFSI Black Edition in turbo blue back in january, but I’m still to this day waiting for a build date, I understand this isn’t the dealers fault as audi can’t provide one to them, just wondered if anyone else has had the same issue?

Cheers

Chris

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #141393 Reply
    Kevin

Dealers have slots allocated to them usually by the quarter,if you can get the order number from dealer to Audi you may be able to track car,order at factory,build date etc,if they had no slots left it will be march before they will have another slots allocation check with them or ring audi if you have the dealer to audi order number audi customer services will give you the info

#141394 Reply
    Kevin

Sorry end of march before next quarter slots availabe ( April 1st Q2 )

#141427 Reply
    Fadge
    Participant

Ye that makes sense, just frustrated at the wait, hopefully i will hear something soon, thanks for the reply.

#141431 Reply
    Kevin

Dealer wont tell you unless you ask, dealer ordered the car,thats the order number you need,Dealer to Audi,it is the dealers fault if they wont give it to you,as it was created instantly they placed the order to Audi,has your application gone through ok,you should now have all the paperwork,if not ring motability to check, giving you all details just in case this is your first car.

#141432 Reply
    Kevin

Once you get that number you can follow online , may say build date scheduled ,this can move , once it says build date confirmed this is the date you are wanting its a fixed build date

#141433 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

This issue comes up a lot and is not unique to Audi. Unfortunately, when a dealer fails to provide an order / tracker number it usually means one thing – they haven’t ordered the car. People don’t always understand that completing an order form at a dealership is merely for internal admin at the dealership. It’s not an actual order until the dealer inputs it on the manufacturers ordering system.

As Kevin has explained, dealerships get allocations for each model of car, some by month and others by quarter. Unless you specifically ask, they will not volunteer to the customer whether they have used up all their current slots or not. They therefore give you the impression that they have ordered the car but in fact are sitting on the paperwork and won’t be able to actually place the order until their next batch of slots open up, which could be a few months time!

When considering whether or not to place an order at a dealership I specifically ask if they have available order slots to place the order immediately (or within a week or so) and if they haven’t I go elsewhere. I also make it clear that I will want an order tracker number very quickly and will keep chasing them until they provide it.

#141435 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Get your order number and message Audi on Twitter, they’ll have a better answer for you

ordered mine end of jan, it’ll be ready around July hopefully

#141437 Reply
    Fadge
    Participant

Cheers everyone thanks for the help, I’ve got all the paperwork through from motability to confirm everything’s been accepted. I’ll give my dealer a ring tomorrow for the order number and go from there.

#141438 Reply
    Ian

Just a heads up, audi order tracking not working. Spoke to them at audi UK, only way for updates is to contact them or dealer.

#141446 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

BTW your username “Fadge” had an interesting meaning where I grew up 😁

#141458 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Funny story, yesterday my grandson was giving my Motability car a good clean, first wash and wax since October last year (don’t get out much these days😁 ), and I said to him “this is the first day of the new 21 plates today” and he said “unlikely to see any today” and within no more than a minute a 21 plate Audi drove passed.😊

#141501 Reply
    Kevin

Out of car dealer mag.

Audi has furloughed 10,000 staff in Germany for the issue and production has been hit at its Ingolstadt plant, where it makes the Q2, A3, A4 and A5. Also affected is Neckarsulm, which makes the A6 among other models.

Due to the issue with electric chip ( semiconducters ) affecting all new factory built cars right now

#141523 Reply
    Donkey Oatie

Had a call from the dealer today, My Q3 is in the UK, ordered just before end of December. The dealer tells me they are looking at October deliveries for cars ordered from end of January.

#141590 Reply
    Fadge
    Participant

Managed to get hold of my order number from dealers today, rang audi customer services and was told they have and unconfirmed build week of week 21 which is 24th may but this might change and to ring back in a month for an update.

#141592 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Managed to get hold of my order number from dealers today, rang audi customer services and was told they have and unconfirmed build week of week 21 which is 24th may but this might change and to ring back in a month for an update.

Excellent news Fadge. Always reassuring to have a build date, even though they are always provisional until a week or so before build. At least you now know for sure that you are in the queue.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Audi frustration
Your information: