Are APs more realistic?

• Creator
    Topic
    MFillingham
    Participant

Remembering back to last year APs for EVs we’re at stupid levels. Enyaq over £6k for the base 60, Ariya Advance for £7k+, ID5 for £7k and even the ID4 for £6k+.

Now the Enyaq is from £0 and there are levels you weren’t getting last year for less than £4K that includes twin motor Sportline Plus models.  There’s the Ioniqs with huge spec for less than the same £4K or the top of the range Ioniq 5 Namsan Edition for £6k which isn’t horrendous for a £55k car.  There are BMWs on scheme and some good, less expensive EVs on offer.

Even the Sportage can be got for not much money.

Add in the fact that, if you’ve not already had it, you’ll get £750 off or cash back, and I personally think it’s looking quite respectable.

I understand there are those who have been on the scheme for decades and can remember getting whatever car they want or paying pennies for an AP but those days have passed.  What we’ve had recently has been huge prices and what we have now are less huge prices.  Maybe in 12 months time the idea of £5k for an AP is for a hugely expensive car, maybe not?

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
      I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Phaedra
      Participant

Indeed, when I was first looking at going BEV the AP’s were almost £6K for something I could get into compared to £1200 for a petrol Ateca.

Jump forward to now and (with the £750 off) my 85x Sportline Plus Enyaq is only costing £1349.  I did however go mad and add a £2K pack to it!.  However, even on my usual mileage of 15-18000 over the three years it’ll save me over £2500 in fuel costs.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

kezo
        Participant

I don’t have much to say, other than I thought q1 was quite a poor show and anything I’m interested in are around £6k or more.

Mark, where are you with ordering?

MFillingham
          Participant

I don’t have much to say, other than I thought q1 was quite a poor show and anything I’m interested in are around £6k or more. Mark, where are you with ordering?

Soon!!  The dealership wants a £1,000 deposit in order to allocate the car to me.  I need my back pay to pay that and still have a car.  Good news is they have a Namsan in the right colour in their other showroom, so the gap between ordering and picking up won’t be huge. ?

It seems a huge deposit is common down here as all the dealers I asked want a grand for them to order an EV.  They’re claiming it’s a big financial commitment for them to buy a £55k car just for me to not sign on the dotted line.

To be fair, you can’t blame Motability for you having expensive tastes.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
            I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.