Advice on leak

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Menorca Mike 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #98955 Reply

Andy
    Participant

Bit of background, our Alhambra will be 3 years old in March, it developed a leak earlier this year, when it rains water soaks the inside of the drivers side front pillar. Its been back to the dealer twice, for a total of nearly 2 months, and it’s still leaking in exactly the same place. I’m of the opinion that they can’t fix it, even though they have allegedly stripped the interior out twice.
    Now, do I just take it back yet again, and lose the car we paid for for another few weeks, or is it worth seeing what Motability say?
    We won’t be able to order our next car until the end of December, and unfortunately the waiting time for the one we want is over 6 months.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #98995 Reply

Unclebob
    Participant

Have they replaced or resealed the front windscreen in a bid to fix the leak ?

#99002 Reply

Andy
    Participant

Have they replaced or resealed the front windscreen in a bid to fix the leak ?

Nope. I told them I think it’s the windscreen, they are convinced it’s the roof rail.They’re not listening to me, they know best.

#99007 Reply

wonky

Hi Andy,  sorry to hear about your leak.  You seem to be at the mercy of the dealership.

Are you ordering another Alhambra?  If you are , maybe threatening to take your business elsewhere might make them sit up and do the repair thoroughly.

Regards, wonky

#99025 Reply

Philjb

I had a similar experience with our Vw touran and it was caused by a build up of leaves and crud under the front scuttle panel, it blocked the drain holes and eventually would drip into the foot well.
    I took the wipers off and un clipped the panel and cleaned it out, cleared the drain holes and then never had a problem.

#99038 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Same thing happened to me Phil years ago with a sliding sunroof

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Advice on leak

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: