A little reflection

• Creator
    Topic
    MFillingham
    Participant

I’ve only been on this site 18 months and I know there’s many who have been here a lot longer.  I’ve tried to be consistent with my intentions to only tell the truth as I know it or what I understand.   I’ve been lucky enough to have some very good conversations with several members and have built some good relationships with a few.

I’ve been reflecting back on a few things around this year.

Firstly, this time last year the only viable SUV/crossover were the Ariya Advance with 3 options all priced with an AP over £9,000 or the MGZS at much less or some Stellantis offerings all of which had batteries too small to encourage me to bother.

Since then we’ve seen plenty of additions, and APs drop significantly.  The Enyaq has come on board, several VW IDs have come, gone and come back, Audi brought the Q4 Ford the Mach E, Hyundai both Ioniqs and KIA even the EV6.  Many started at what we’re eye watering APs, I remember pricing up the Enyaq plus a pack and hitting over £11,000 and thinking that’s not sustainable.

Now if you have £5,000 for an EV you can get a great choice including Enyaqs far more advanced than originally offered, Ioniq 5 Ultimate with a tech pack, an Audi, a BMW a Volvo and a choice of Ariyas all with some change.  We’re all hoping that trend continues, both for BEVs and ICE and all the hybrids in between.

This forum has become more than just a source of information.  I’d like to thank @wmcforum for all the effort in keeping us updated, especially at quarter changes, and the admins who keep us in check as well as adding some invaluable insights.  Personally, I’d like to thank @kezo, just for noticing my absence when I was away and at a real low point, I very much doubt he’s an idea how much a post noticing I’d not posted in ages meant at that point.

I’m looking forward to next year resulting in me joining the scheme in a car I wouldn’t have found without this place and continuing to (I hope) help others with whatever information I can gather.

To you all, I wish you a very happy new year and hope you find each today an improvement on its yesterday.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
      I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies

Nice post Mark, especially the thanks you expressed to keso for reaching out to you when things were really tough. This caring and sharing aspect of the forum is the thing we should be most proud of.

Cheers.

MLH
        Participant

Great post, Mark, and happy new year to you, too.

I’ve only been here a short time, but you’re one of my favourite posters.

Happy New Year to all at WMC, and hopefully we can all get a few things we hope for from Motability in 2024!

joss

That’s a great post Mark. Thanks for sharing that with us ???

Joss
            Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

Glos Guy
            Participant

Great post @MFillingham. Your posts are always interesting and balanced, so please keep them coming.

For those who want an EV, the choice has indeed improved considerably this year and, as you say, is now starting to include the premium brands. AP’s are still quite high, but heading in the right direction. With the targets that the manufacturers have to achieve, and the reluctance amongst private buyers to embrace EVs, I can see this trend of improved choice and lower APs continuing.

As for the vast majority of Motability customers who don’t have an EV and may still be some time away from making the switch, it shall be interesting to see what next year brings. I’m not feeling optimistic, but live in hope that I may be pleasantly surprised ?

kezo
              Participant

Thank you Mark, it is very much appreciated 🙂

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.