1p Per Mile

• Creator
    Topic
  • #157167 Reply
    Just2Fish

I can hardly wait but it’s only a couple of days to go now until I pick up my Hyundai Kona Ultimate EV and between charging with Octopus Go at 5p per kWh at night, and my solar panels during the day, be just paying out about 1p per mile. My diesel Alhambra has been costing about 15p per mile.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #157175 Reply
    Mike

#157176 Reply
    Mike

Kona

#157177 Reply
    Mike

Kona

#157178 Reply
    Mike

I pick mines up on Tuesday , couldn’t resist going to the dealers compound this morning for a look. I was offered a cancelled order so had no choice in the colour, wasn’t keen on black car think it really suits the Kona. Looking forward to never visiting a petrol station again!

#157179 Reply
    Marcus

Looks great Mike, I sat in one yesterday, unfortunately too small for me as I’m well over 6ft and have kids who also have giraffe like legs!

I’m sure you have lots of fun, roll on October for my ID.3

Marcus

#157184 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

@Marcus did you test drive the ID.3 before you ordered it and if so what did you like about it and was there anything you disliked. The reason why I’m asking is I have to order a new company car and I’m unsure whether to go electric due to the tax benefits.

#157185 Reply
    Serendipity
    Participant

Very nice 👍

#157187 Reply
    Marcus

Hi Elliot, yes I have had a test drive. Things I like about the car are:

Smooth and a great drive, insanely comfortable and relaxing and the acceleration makes me smile.

I actually like the style of the car, rear leg room is also really good, so my giant children can fit in😂

Lots of choice battery wise, I’ve personally gone for the 48kw, as I only drive 100 miles per week for work, so I felt I didn’t need a bigger battery. How often do peeps generally drive over 200 miles on a regular basis!

The savings on fuel costs is also a big factor, as well as being greener.

The only thing I really dislike about the car is that most models come with steel wheels, just my personal choice that I prefer alloys.

There is a really good ID.3uk group on Facebook, that has lots interesting information, from owners.

Hope this helps

Marcus

#157190 Reply
    Just2Fish

Looks good Mike. I had planned on having a grey but I had to wait a while in the showroom, and there was a grey next to a blue, and the longer I looked the more I wanted a blue, so as that one wasn’t an Ultimate they found one on a dealer exchange.

#157191 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Thanks @Marcus I would need the larger battery given that I cover all of the UK. I need to go and look at one as I’ve only seen a couple on the road and not sure what spec they were. Would also depend on delivery times. I have a Hyundai dealer down the road from me so will also take a look at the Kona but having had a Hyundai in the past I’m not so keen on them. Range is a very important factor which rules out a lot of cars that are within the budget I’ve been given.

#157194 Reply
    Just2Fish

The Kona is really comfortable and the reviews are very good, as well as the spec of the Ultimate being excellent (except no powered tailgate or automatic handbrake).

#157195 Reply
    Marcus

Elliot the tour has a range around 366 miles, delivery times are around December at the moment, you may get lucky and find one in stock. Try autotrader as they have new ID.3’s on there.

#157197 Reply
    Newfie
    Participant

I placed an order on Thursday for an ID.3 Tour and when ordered the system came back with a late September delivery

• This reply was modified 12 months ago by Newfie.

VW ID.3 Tour 77 kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey

#157198 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Elliot the tour has a range around 366 miles, delivery times are around December at the moment, you may get lucky and find one in stock. Try autotrader as they have new ID.3’s on there.

I have found one in stock, just need to get out and look at one.

#157200 Reply
    Newfie
    Participant

@Elliot  Which dealer you dealing with if I my ask?

#157201 Reply
    Newfie
    Participant

There seems to be a good forum for ID.3

Its id3forum.co.uk

I’ve used its sister site for Tiguan’s for the last 3 years.

#157202 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

@Elliot Which dealer you dealing with if I my ask?

None at the moment as I’m still weighing up my options. I may still go for a petrol or diesel car depending on cost / tax etc.

#157204 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

The Kona is really comfortable and the reviews are very good, as well as the spec of the Ultimate being excellent (except no powered tailgate or automatic handbrake).

It does have an automatic handbrake.

I can’t quite match 1p a mile, but seeing as I can’t charge at home, I’m really pleased at the savings, 7413 miles so far at 2.79p a mile!

Previous Motability Cars
    2006 - 2009 Skoda Superb VR6 2.0tdi
    2009 - 2012 Citroen C5 2.0tdi VTR Nav
    2012 - 2015 Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci tekna
    2015 - 2018 Ford Kuga 2.0tdi Titanium X
    2018 - 2021 BMW 220d X drive 2 Series Active Luxury
    2021- Hyundai Kona Electric Premium SE

#157205 Reply
    Marcus

I’ve just looked on carwow, there’s about 30 ID.3’s on there!

#157207 Reply
    Just2Fish

I thought that the handbrake was just electronic rather than automatic? I hope that I’m wrong.

#157208 Reply
    Newfie
    Participant

It has as what’s known as “Auto Hold”

#157209 Reply
    Just2Fish

Isn’t auto hold just like any non EV automatic – ie it will automatically hold it if stopped on a hill, except for some reason the Kona has to have that selected? The parking brake only comes on automatically when you stop the engine if you have auto hold selected. That’s what ice read, I just don’t know if that’s right. My Alhambra automatically applied the handbrake when the engine stopped and default was auto hold.

#157211 Reply
    Newfie
    Participant

I am going by how my Tiguan works on “Auto Hold”. When its on it is both holding the vehicle on a hill and to top vehicle creeping as its an auto and also when you come to stop and park up it turns the parking/handbrake on.

I think on many recent cars cars “Auto Hold” does the job of everything in applying the a parking/handbrake.

#157213 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

On the Kona, there is no hanbrake lever, just a switch.

You can select auto hold, so when coming to a stop in drive, you press the footbrake when stationary and the handbrake is applied, you just drive off when ready.

Ob shutting down, when you select P, and the handbrake is applied, it’s also applied automatically when you turn the car off, regardless of the drive selection.

Not sure what could be more automatic?

Previous Motability Cars
    2006 - 2009 Skoda Superb VR6 2.0tdi
    2009 - 2012 Citroen C5 2.0tdi VTR Nav
    2012 - 2015 Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci tekna
    2015 - 2018 Ford Kuga 2.0tdi Titanium X
    2018 - 2021 BMW 220d X drive 2 Series Active Luxury
    2021- Hyundai Kona Electric Premium SE

#157214 Reply
    Just2Fish

Thanks.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
Reply To: 1p Per Mile
Your information: