Road surfaces – an improvement?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #146484 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Been a load of road resurfacing going on here (Worthing, W Sussex). Not just potholes either. Some longer stretches of really knackered surfaces are being relaid in full. Moreover, the material being put down for this seems really good. It is smoother, quieter and gives virtually no “tyre-roar” at any speed. You only notice it when everything goes very quiet! Reminds me of the surfacing material used on French autoroutes; a millions times better than our noisy, bumpy Mways.

Anyone else noticed this on local road repairs?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #146488 Reply
    joss

Yes Tharg. There have been a few stretches done with the fine grain tarmac. As you say it is so quite compared to the usual, more chunk stuff they use. Sadly at some point the stupid council will ruin it by tarring and dumping granite chips on it. idiots.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#146505 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Oh I do hope not. The fine grain stuff acts as a suspension “softener” for the Mini, which it really needs! 😊

#146833 Reply
    Georgie

The council have done a lovely piece of work down the road from me.Β  Having cut down a row ofΒ  pine trees by the side of the road because the roots were undermining the road surface so it felt like we were driving over corrugated concrete, the Boys from the Black Stuff lovingly laid fresh new tarmac along the road – without removing the roots first . . .

Well, at least it looks lovely!

#146905 Reply
    joss

I would have though, if the council cut the trees down because of roots undermining the road, It would follow that they removed the offending roots as well. Before the boys laid the black stuff.

Or am I over thinking logic here?πŸš§β›β›β›πŸͺ“πŸŒ«πŸŒ«πŸŒ«

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#146908 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Ah, logic, Joss… something the road authority managers have surgically removed before taking up their positions. Compare, if you will, Worthing council and many thousands of pounds spent on the covid bicycle superhighways followed by the many (more) thousands of pounds to remove them when no cyclists used them.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Road surfaces – an improvement?
Your information: