Meal ideas !

This topic contains 57 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  wmcforum 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #110120 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #110588 Reply

Mike

#110589 Reply

Mike

#110598 Reply

POPS

I had a delivery of 60 pots of gold yesterday from a company called ‘Gold standard nutrition’. They’re high protein, low sugar, meat, vegetables, balanced for a healthy diet, and they come in a number of different recipes. One pot is a good filling meal and tastes excellent. The pots have a 12 months freezer life so are ideal for the current situation. My chest freezer is proving very useful.

I also had a big box from ‘Hello Fresh’ delivered to the door. This contains all the fresh ingredients for 5 very tasty and healthy main meals.

Both companies are online if you’re looking for a “delivered to the door” solution.

Stay home if you can and stay safe.

#110616 Reply

Tharg

Home-made tiramisu; for afters tonight. Not too brilliant to look at but, I am assured by scoffers, that it is a Good Thing. Known in family as “sexdessert” as it can illicit “Ooohs” and “Aaahs” reminicent of conjugal behaviour – at least, if memory serves me well!

#110617 Reply

Mike

That looks tasty mmmm

#110620 Reply

Brydo

#110623 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Baked sweet potatoes, steak and veg with a spot of coleslaw and sauce, lovely.

Chicken, peppers and rice tomorrow night.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#110626 Reply

Mike

Mmmmmmmm Brydo that looks so lovely I’ve got liver onions mash and peas later

#110633 Reply

Tharg

Mmmm! Baked sweet potato. Damn good idea; MUST try that – when I can get a sweet potato! Think it should go brilliantly with, say, a mince curry.

#110635 Reply

brydo

Not had a mince curry for years, would make my own with boiled rice, chapatti and veg pakora.

Mike I hated liver as a kid but like it now.

#110654 Reply

Mike

#110656 Reply

Tharg

OK, I’ll have to make a mince curry now; haven’t had one for ages. Am very lucky to have a brilliant butcher in village who goes out of his way to get stuff for you. He got me some proper mutton recently – marvellous in a curry as long as you marinate overnight in flavoured fat yogurt and cook real slow for hours and hours. Tastes wonderful but looks rubbish in photo, thus, no snap.

#110665 Reply

joss
    Participant

I keep forgetting to take a picture of meals lol.

Today it was a hot toasted sandwich of corned beef and tomato sauce, on nice brown bread. Simple but makes a nice change.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#110673 Reply

fwippers
    Participant

Tinned ravioli with cheese and potato wedges.

#110682 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Keep the photos coming guys and gals

#110688 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

What is the best toasted sandwich filling ?

#110691 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

What is the best toasted sandwich filling ?

In my student days I used to make baked beans in the breville. It made a seal and the beans would reach a temperature that could warm a house for a week. ouch. I’m a ham a cheese man now but a sandwich shop I used to frequent made a wonderful pepperoni, mozzarella and jalapeño in a toasted sub.

#110697 Reply

Tharg

Toasties? Cheese (strong cheddar) and thinly sliced fried mushrooms.

Menu tonight: I know it ain’t Sunday but, buggrit, I’m doing a full roast chicken plus roast spud, parsnips with whatever green veg I can find. Topped with crispy bacon and creamy bread sauce on the side. Might even do proper home-made gravy.

#110699 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Please put photoon chicken sounds nice I’m having 2 jacket potato’s with cheese and baked beans

#110762 Reply

fwippers
    Participant

Dessert today. Pitta bread filled with hazelnut spread and bananas cooked in a flat George foreman. Pretty good.

#110766 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Still not eaten yet! Chorizo and mushroom Risotto in the microwave as I type. Something of a WMC speciality, made enough for two sittings and tonight is round two. It makes Mrs WMC feel involved in the cooking, she is a dab hand at pinging meals.

#110775 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Photos needed 😀

#110813 Reply

Tharg

Sorry no snap of chicken. Bread sauce went wrong at last minute (using new brand, crap!). Had to remake (Colemans, good) sauce while dishing up and carving and making gravy. Even if I had not forgotten the camera in panic, wouldn’t have had time. Apols – will try something else later.

#110814 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Tuna sandwiches for me today with mayo

#111045 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

I was looking to see if this quarter edition of Lifestyles had been published and the answer to that is no it hasn’t.

Anyway I had a look through the online version of the last edition and noticed at the back of the mag, last or last few pages, there is an online food delivery service advertising there for anyone having trouble getting food deliveries.

Being a backwater delivery service could mean quick delivery times. They say you don’t need a freezer to store the meals so makes me wonder if there those type of meals that are dehydrated and you have to re-hydrate them, I don’t know but there cottage pie and lasagne type meals.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 57 total)
Reply To: Meal ideas !

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: