Boot lengths

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  vinalspin 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #96802 Reply

SJM01
    Participant

Hi all

I’m a year off changing but been having a look out of curiosity.

I currently have an X-trail and this is a great car but due to health I’m needing to use my mobility scooter more, which means it going into the boot.

It will go in just but as it goes in sideways or splitting it into bits, there isnt a great deal of space left, we have 3 dogs so not been able to take them and the scooter (yes if I drop the 2nd row and put a dog create in everything fits).

I notice some cars on Motability search show the boot length and other car sites show the capacity but I want to know my scooter will fit in length ways with the 2nd row seats in place. Does anyone know of any website showing the boot length.

Any recommendations, even considering Peugeot traveler type for the size.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #96806 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

We have Ford Kuga which has a smaller boot than your Xtrail, we also carry a mobility scooter in the boot (which we strap down) We have installed a dog guard (there is a company in Tamworth, which manufacture the dog guards for Ford/Nissan etc on ebay for about £100) that way we load the boot right up plus in the event of an accident prevents the content of the boot including the scooter into the cabin space.

We have also brought a protective cradle on the back seat it is like a hammock connected to the front and rear headrest, it has slots through the waterproof/dirt fabric to connect the dog harness, plus it keeps your rear seat clean and dry.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#96809 Reply

SJM01
    Participant

Hi Oscarmax

I have a see through plastic dog guard from Boot Buddy but my scooter will not fit in length ways (pointing forward) unless I put the 2nd row seat flat( which means removing the dog guard) or putting the scooter width ways (pointing out side window) which takes up most of the boot, my scooter is 1m long.

If I split it down into 3 parts it goes in but still takes up so much space, I can put things on top (bags etc) but dont really want to do that in the future. Like I said previously the scooter is needed more now and so need to be able to fit it in and the 3 dogs.

#96813 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Hi Oscarmax I have a see through plastic dog guard from Boot Buddy but my scooter will not fit in length ways (pointing forward) unless I put the 2nd row seat flat( which means removing the dog guard) or putting the scooter width ways (pointing out side window) which takes up most of the boot, my scooter is 1m long. If I split it down into 3 parts it goes in but still takes up so much space, I can put things on top (bags etc) but dont really want to do that in the future. Like I said previously the scooter is needed more now and so need to be able to fit it in and the 3 dogs.

What dogs do you have ?

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#96815 Reply

SJM01
    Participant

Staffy, Staffy cross and Mastiff cross

#96818 Reply

Macca

Having viewed a Rav4, I seem to remember the boot is a really good size in that car, might be worth checking out.

#96819 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Staffy, Staffy cross and Mastiff cross

We did have 2 little miniature Schnauzers, unfortunately we lost little Max in January and the way things are looking we do not see Oscar lasting to Christmas.

#96824 Reply

SJM01
    Participant

Thanks Macca, will have a look.

Sorry to hear that OscarMax.

#96888 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Peugeot Rifter long version has a 1.4 metre long boot as the 2 3rd row seats can be removed completely leaving a totally flat boot floor.

#96890 Reply

Abercol
    Participant

You need to look at RiDC. they will give you all sorts of measurements….

https://www.ridc.org.uk/features-reviews/out-and-about/car-search

#96891 Reply

SJM01
    Participant

Thanks, will have a better look at Rifter,Berlingo etc

Thanks for the link

#96909 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Have just ordered a Rifter GT-Line 1.5 blue hdi 130 EAT8 long version at the beginning of the month and it has lots more space than my current Alhambra, I can get my scooter and powerchair in at the same time without moving the 2nd row seats at all and that’s without breaking the scooter into smaller bits(tbh I probably would break it down if I needed both just for ease of loading etc) but there is still room for loads of gear on top if I needed to go shopping for example, the 60 mpg will also come in most welcome compared to the 30 mpg I have averaged over the last 41,000 miles.

#96958 Reply

SJM01
    Participant

Thanks will have a look

#97597 Reply

Michael BALL

We had a similar dilemma with decreasing ability. 2 years ago swapped from a C-RV  to a Tucson. Both were great for 1 scooter disassembled plus touring luggage for two. Last year we took 2 scooters plus luggage  food large cool box but it cost us the back seats.. Current problem is to carry 2 scooters and keep 5 seats. In addition we wanted a hoist to lift the things in and out.

Solution…… Alhambra + Autochair LM Smart Lifter.

#97677 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Can’t fit powerchair and scooter in the Alhambra without dropping the 2nd row seats, you must have very small scooters.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Boot lengths

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: