Availability update on Volvo XC40

• Creator
    Topic
  • #154736 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

The attached update was issued to Volvo dealers at 4pm today. Suspect this might lead to the T5 Recharge being removed from Motability for a period as dealers are currently unable to accept new orders. 

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #154744 Reply
    ajn

😳

#154749 Reply
    James

@Glos-guy Do you know if this is affecting new orders or ones that are already placed?

#154752 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

@Glos-guy Do you know if this is affecting new orders or ones that are already placed?

Hi James. New orders, although the sales manager said that there could be long delays on orders already placed, possibly as late as the back end of this year. No prizes for guessing that it’s the ruddy semiconductor issue again. I mentioned that a few people on this forum have been quoted 2 months lead times and their response was that was this was highly unlikely, but I have to say that my dealings with Volvo (both dealership and head office) have been extremely poor and you just don’t know who to believe. I only posted this info as I had been mailed a screenshot confirming it and I know that it’s a very popular car on this forum. I specifically asked and was assured that the block on orders isn’t unique to Motability customers. Retail customers cannot place orders either. Hopefully, those with orders already in the system will be OK, albeit with some possible delays, but there might be some awkward conversations if dealers haven’t yet placed the physical order with Volvo, as they will now be unable to do so. I have no idea how long this will last. Who knows, they could open up orders again in a week or so if they get the supply chain sorted. It seems to be all over the place at present. To be fair to Volvo, most manufacturers are in the same boat.

#154762 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Just checked on my XC40 order, and my dealer says it’s not affected by this and proposed delivery time is still on track.  He had no info how long orders are suspended for but hoping weeks not months.

#154763 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Just checked on my XC40 order, and my dealer says it’s not affected by this and proposed delivery time is still on track. He had no idea how long orders are suspended for but hoping not more than weeks.

That’s a relief Wigwam. Fingers crossed that’s the case.

#154764 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I have had further clarification from my dealer about the screenshot you posted.

He says “No capacity currently available generally means for this month, possibly next month which is why we have lead times of up to 8 weeks as they are waiting for a slot to be available.”

Nothing to do with component shortages then, just a full order book.  He is continuing to take orders and there is no reason any Volvo dealer should not take an order.

#154765 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

To add to the above there is a component shortage relating to the blind spot monitoring system as previously mentioned, and this option is being taken off orders.

#154766 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I have had further clarification from my dealer about the screenshot you posted. He says “No capacity currently available generally means for this month, possibly next month which is why we have lead times of up to 8 weeks as they are waiting for a slot to be available.” Nothing to do with component shortages then, just a full order book. He is continuing to take orders and there is no reason any Volvo dealer should not take an order.

Well that’s completely different to what I was told but, as I said, I have lost all confidence in Volvo (dealership and HO) so either could be true, or somewhere in the middle.

#154782 Reply
    ajn

Hhmmm🤔

#154804 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

It’s always possible that some dealers will tell Motability customers any old twaddle if it means they can put a more profitable customer ahead of them in the queue…

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Availability update on Volvo XC40
Your information: