Almost renewal time already

This topic contains 22 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar William Clarke 5 days, 22 hours ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #90441 Reply
    HoneyMonster
    Participant

Well come December we will be able too place our order for next Motability vehicle. Where have those 3 years gone. Currently have a Seat Alhambra which has been excellent for us. We tow a caravan so like the all up weight and ability to carry lots, those sliding side doors have been fantastic. Looking like our next car will also be a Seat as really liking look of the Tarraco. Test drive later this week and will see how it goes. Any other Tarraco owners who can give their views greatly appreciated..

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #90449 Reply
    Philjb

The tarraco is basically a Vw tiguan with a slightly different interior, if you tow go for the diesel as they are economical and have good torque.
    If you choose one the layout will still be familiar to your Alhambra so you won’t go far wrong, plus you’ll have the benefit of all the latest tech.

#90598 Reply
    William Clarke

hi honeymonster

Bill hear the one that had the 18 inch wheels put on the alhambra and complained about them being noisy all that time ago i have been looking at the tarraco as well  but also the Peugeot 5008 which i had a test drive in today seems like a nice car but no electric seats not had a test drive in the tarraco yet still waiting for Seat to phone let me now what you think of the tarraco please.

bill

#90599 Reply
    HoneyMonster
    Participant

Hi Bill, done over 40k in our Alhambra doesn’t help that a round trip too hospital is over 140 miles. She hasn’t missed a beat in all that time. I am limited as well by towing capability of the vehicle, so it ruled out a lot of vehicles. As we are doing more grassy fields the 4wd will help a bit. I shall let you know how test drive goes in the Tarraco.

#90605 Reply
    JS

Be sure to push for a realistic delivery date on the Tarraco as I’ve heard of various delays and long waits. (Due to popularity not any issues)

#90706 Reply
    Andy
    Participant

Our Alhambra will be due for renewal in March, so I think we will have to start looking next quarter. The Terracco and Tiguan Allspace has caught my eye, as we tow a caravan too.
    Depends on AP next quarter, and a good spec.We have got very used to heated seats, sat nav, reversing cameras etc in the Alhambra.

#90712 Reply
    HoneyMonster
    Participant

I looked at Tiguan allspace and Kodiaq as well, but speccing up too the Excellence level Tarraco made it more expensive. Also like our heated seats camera and park assist we have on the Alhambra. I am expecting a  long wait after ordering but not bothered about that.

#90713 Reply
    William Clarke

hi Andy

Nice to hear you have had trouble free motoring i have only done 10 000 miles had two new front tyres fitted last week on mine. i suppose i could keep it for another year or two not realy sure what to do would like a change but i could save £2500 if i keep the alhambra depends how the test drive goes i suppose if the tarraco is as good as the alhambra will probably change will miss the electric doors tho i think

bill

#90851 Reply
    HoneyMonster
    Participant

Test drive done today and as soon as Paperwork arrives in December will be Placing order for Tarraco XCELLENCE 2.0 TDI DSG-auto 4Drive 190PS in Oryx white 🙂

#90859 Reply
    Andy
    Participant

Congrats! Did they mention the waiting time?

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Avatar Andy.
    #90872 Reply
    Philjb

Good choice, I do like the Tarraco.

Out of interest did the dealer make you aware of the confusion over the auto tailgate not closing with the remote only opening. Or is that fixed now on new models?
    There’s been a few posts about it recently.
    Some dealers didn’t even know about it.

#90884 Reply
    William Clarke

That good was it, but white will be a pain to keep clean will you have any extras when you order ?

still waiting for my test drive

bill

#90886 Reply
    HoneyMonster
    Participant

Only extra will be towbar for us, everything else we need is already on it.  Build time doesn’t bother us as last couple of cars have been over 4 months from order. the model we had for test drive was lower spec so didn’t have the auto tailgate.

#90888 Reply
    Andy
    Participant

Are you going for the factory fit retractable towbar? We have one on the Alhambra, it’s great but not a cheap option!

#90889 Reply
    HoneyMonster
    Participant

Yes have that on our Alhambra as well . and i cured so it doesn’t rust when retracted 🙂

#91965 Reply
    William Clarke

hi andy

just had test drive in the terraco lux model very nice but was told i cannot have this model can only have the one below but that does not have electric seats do you have electric seats  in the one you will order.

bill

#91966 Reply
    Andy
    Participant

hi andy just had test drive in the terraco lux model very nice but was told i cannot have this model can only have the one below but that does not have electric seats do you have electric seats in the one you will order. bill

Not sure, I’m looking at the VW Allspace currently. We have electric seats on the Alhambra but everything seems to be getting a lot more expensive now.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by Avatar Andy.
    #91982 Reply
    HoneyMonster
    Participant

Have confirmed with dealer and a practical test. That the button for boot inside car and on keyfob will not close boot. It does on 5 seat varients, but it is apparently safety feature on seven seat. In case children have hands in way if they are in seats six and seven.  Everything else love about it.Tarraco

#91984 Reply
    joninprague
    Participant

I do find that strange as we have an Alhambra which has the pop up seats in the back and you can close the boot from the key and the button up front?? Its a mad world we live in 🙂

#91995 Reply
    HoneyMonster
    Participant

I think its because the Alhambra has more room behind rear seats whilst the tarraco ones are more for children than full size adults and are much closer too tailgate. I currently have Alhambra as well.

#92002 Reply
    joninprague
    Participant

that does make sense

#92021 Reply
    Markymate
    Participant

hi andy just had test drive in the terraco lux model very nice but was told i cannot have this model can only have the one below but that does not have electric seats do you have electric seats in the one you will order. bill

The Lux model is available, but only with a manual gearbox. 2lt diesel, or 1.5 petrol models.  Think you might want to give him a ring back.

#92192 Reply
    William Clarke

hi a manual is not for me i am  afraid had test drive in the skoda superb today 150 petrol with dsg s e l estate

WHAT A CAR. looks to be the front runner at the moment.

going to test drive  the corolla 2 lit  hi bred estate tomorrow will be surprised if its better than the superb.

TEST DRIVES SO FAR Peugeot 5008/ 7/10 seat tarraco 9/10 but no auto or electric seats on motability /skoda superb 10/10. this car has everything you could want.

bill

Viewing 22 replies - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
Reply To: Almost renewal time already

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: