You don't sweat much for a fat guy

• Creator
    Topic
  • #47238 Reply
    Brydo

Guys that’s exactly what my wife said to me this morning, not kidding, so after my curry nan bread and pakora tonight, I’m on a diet. So every Friday I intend to post my wait loss or gain on this thread, I won’t post my actual weight, just the change, if any. If anyone wants to join in feel free.

She’s got me worried there’s something up with me, what could be wrong with a fat guy who doesn’t sweat lol?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 215 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #47241 Reply
    Trev

lmao oh dear Brydo, but that is funny lol

I’ll join you for the Friday chub club, though i tend to measure my weight loss not by weight, but by clothes size, inches around the waist – but be interesting to see where we are and hopefully provide some motivation to us.

We had curry last night, used leftover lamb from Sunday’s dinner – tonight it will be chops, with steamed spuds and veg…. i’m getting a good meal ahead of you!

#47244 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

Yesterday I was at my local Tesco’s store buying a large bag of My Dog dog food for my loyal pet and was in the checkout queue ,when a woman behind me asked if I had a dog.

What did she think I had an elephant?

So, since I’m retired and have little to do, on impulse I told her that no, I didn’t have a dog, I was starting the Dog Diet again.

I added that I probably shouldn’t, because I ended up in hospital last time, but I’d lost 10 kilograms before I woke up in intensive care with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms.

I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that it works is to load your pockets with My Dog nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The food is nutritionally complete so it works well and I was going to try it again. (I have to mention here that practically everyone in queue was now enthralled with my story.)

Horrified, she asked me if I ended up in intensive care because the dog food poisoned me.

I told her no, I stepped off the kerb to sniff an Irish Setter’s arxx and a car hit me.

I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack he was laughing so hard – I’m now banned from Tesco’s !

Better watch what you ask retired people. They have all the time in the world to think of daft things to say.

#47331 Reply
    Mike

Mike when the girl or boy asks me if I want a bag in Poundland I say no I’m going to carry it all on my head !!

#47333 Reply
    Trev

my bug-bear is when you’re standing in a long queue, and eventually when it is your turn to be served, the cashier calls out ‘Can i help anyone?’….. grrrrrrr

#47350 Reply
    Mike 700

When I stepped out of the shower this morning, dripping wet, and wearing nothing but a smile, my lady wife took a peek and said –

Wow Mike ‘ you’re HUGE ‘.

This was going to make my morning I can tell you, but then I realised we were thinking at crossed purposes, when she says strict diet for you from now on

#47363 Reply
    Brydo

Guys curry was great, the best ever, but now for some serious or semi serious dieting.

I have an I phone with an app that counts my steps, flights of stairs and distance. Yesterday I walked 6.1km, don’t know what that is in real money, 8908 steps and 5 flights of stairs. Think I deserve a Chinese tonight, chicken Satan boiled rice mmmmm lol.

#47365 Reply
    Brydo

Satay that should have been.

#47408 Reply
    Trev

i’m sat here had my salad lunch an hour ago, and there’s a chocolate bounty in fridge calling me… must resist… must resist……. roast beef with mash and veg for tonight’s dinner, followed with a fat-free yoghurt.

#47678 Reply
    Brydo

Guys put on 2 pounds up from 12 stone 9 to 12 stone 11, this diet is rubbish lol. Thats it started in earnest now, lets see what next friday brings.

#47684 Reply
    lightbodyae55
    Participant

Hi Brydo

Try taking sugar, potatoes, and bread out of your diet, and replace with sugar substitute, vegetables, rice, pasta, and try thins, instead of bread, and a little exercise, that should help you loose weight, and I found that not going on the scales every week, only once a month or so was better for me.

Try these measures for a couple of weeks or so and see what happens.

lightbodyae55

#47685 Reply
    Trev

lost 1lb this week Brydo,

Agree with lightbodyae55 in taking bread out of your diet, use frylight if you have to fry and can’t grill, and snack with fruit.

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

#47687 Reply
    lightbodyae55
    Participant

Hi Trev

I use rapeseed oil and find that is the best, and yes I agree snack on fruit much better for you.

lightbodyae55

#47689 Reply
    Trev

Btw Brydo, have you looked at your bmi?

http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Healthyweightcalculator.aspx

A year ago my bmi was 32 something, it’s now 26.6 (that’s a near 5 stone loss) but i’m still 12lb overweight, and a healthy bmi for me is 25.

#47691 Reply
    Trev

Hi lightbodyae55,

Also plate portions are important, i still have potato, but only a few and ensure the veg ratio is much higher. Bread is the killer though, don’t think you would be able to lose weight if eating that daily.

#47692 Reply
    lightbodyae55
    Participant

Hi Trev

I would not rely on bmi as it is not a very good tool to use, my dad was 5 foot  9 inch and less than 10stone, yet the bmi said he was overweight! and for my wife who has a stone and a half of fluid in her body that she cannot remove her bmi will never be right for her.

I think the old fashioned way was better when your weight was matched to your height.

lightbodyae55

#47697 Reply
    Trev

I like your thinking there lightbodyae55,

As according to this http://www.disabled-world.com/calculators-charts/height-weight.php it would mean i’m within my ideal bodyweight range…… fascinating how 1 tool can tell me i’m 12lb overweight, yet another say i’m ideal weight. This has made my day, thank you

#47723 Reply
    lightbodyae55
    Participant

Hi Trev

I am glad to have made your day.

lightbodyae55

#47726 Reply
    leamonme
    Participant

my ideal height for my weight is 8’5″

#47761 Reply
    Brydo

trev I win 29.9 I take it the highest wins lol

#47763 Reply
    Brydo

Guys I sadly have two pleasures in life eating and this forum and I’m not giving up either, I will however do it in moderation so only 9 hours a day on the forum lol

#47764 Reply
    Trev

Brydo, I had more to lose then you do, but if you really want to lose weight just take it steady, it’s not about failing on falling off the wagon, it’s about having the strength to get back on it…… to tell you the truth i only have a strict diet 4 days of the week, the other 3 i have little treats, but still not bread. But i will have a packet of walkers lights crisps, or a chocolate bar, even have a treat meal once a week like fish n chips. I’ve lost weight quickly before and it went back on.. through trial and error I’ve found slowly wins the race.

If you really want to do it, you will, but go on how you feel about yourself, and not so much the numbers.

#47768 Reply
    Brydo

Trev I don’t eat bread, if nan doesn’t count, love crisps but hardly ever eat them, my problem is Indian curry and chicken satay. I just can’t resist, if I’m down I have one and when I’m up I have one so I can’t win…………. Or lose lol.

#47769 Reply
    Trev

I have a curry once every couple of weeks, but it’s homemade… well i use a low fat sauce, and boil my own rice adding peppers, onions, sweetcorn, and mushrooms to bulk it out a bit… certainly no naan bread or poppadoms….. a sliced hard boiled egg on top is the extra i have lol

#47772 Reply
    Glos Guy

I had to read that twice but then laughed out loud when I got it! I’m saying nothing on this thread, other than if people reckon they are ‘fat’ at 12 stone something then there must be some very short people on here!

#47885 Reply
    ShaunM

BMI is the biggest load of nonsense ever. use a tape measure, your mirror and your clothes and how you feel. do 80/20 on your meals, 80% healthy, 20% what you want. find an exercise you enjoy, even if its walking you’ll stick with it if you enjoy it. throw scales in bin, pointless things. ine say 16st 10Lbs, my bmi is 37.7 but I am as healthy as can be. good blood work, cholestrol, blood pressure etc.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 215 total)
Reply To: You don't sweat much for a fat guy
Your information: