Xc40 t5 phev

• Creator
    Topic
  • #148309 Reply
    Gary

So, after cancelling the touran, just in time for mercedes to pull the Premium Plus spec we are now looking at the XC40 phev. Daily commute is just shy of 40 miles round trip so would expect to be able to get decent mpg.

Inscription  Pro seems to have the electric seats we need, I’d prefer privacy glass, but seems a waste of money really at 350. The main thing is, the full electric has a Google/android infotainment, does anyone know if the phev has the same, and if so does thst mean I could download audible and Spotify? Or would I need to pay out the 300 for Android auto compatibility?

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #153321 Reply
    Gary

@Rachel, I think Matthew is after pure electric times.  If thats the case, pedestrian is probably an adequate description.

I do have a question on a similar vein though – If I’m in Pure mode, does flooring the accelerator still engage the petrol engine?  If thats the case, then to overtake in electric mode would be difficult anyway, though its not really there for that 🙂

#153322 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

According to the manual, Gary, yes it does.

#153323 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Gary, I wouldn’t say the acceleration in Pure mode is pedestrian. We had no problem keeping up with town traffic accelerating from traffic lights and roundabouts on our test drives.  And of course that’s where the gain is, if you live in a town!

#153324 Reply
    Gary

I think when I say pedestrian, its subjective, I will be learning a new way of driving, I mean you can’t just accelerate hard, as you need to keep it within the limits to stop engagement of the ICE 🙂

#154361 Reply
    Gary

@ anyone with more info than me 🙂

Does the inbuilt satnav link with the car so that it works out the best times to engage pure electric etc for your given route?

Im sure I read it somewhere, but cant for the life of me find it now, wishful thinking possibly

#154362 Reply
    Richardw
    Participant

I was under the impression that the hybrids automatically switch between petrol and electric depending on driving style, conditions etc. Not sure it is based on sat nav routes though

#154363 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

This, Gary:

#154365 Reply
    Gary

Cheers Wigwam, thats exactly what I need, my round trip for a work day is between 35-40 miles so this will make life cheaper until work get a charger….or I can park next to a window 😉

#154374 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Gary, I recall a reviewer saying to set your home address as destination and work address as a waypoint, to spread the energy saving across the whole journey.

#154424 Reply
    Gary

@Wigwam  Yeah, that rings a bell from what I heard too 🙂

Just had a phonecall from Volvo, car expected on site last week of September, not brilliant news, but already much better customer experience that VW provided, because at least I have a date.

#154439 Reply
    James

@Gary when did you order your car, end of September seems a while away

#154441 Reply
    Gary

Only ordered on the 29th May, in fairness they gave a 2 week window atm, and that includes hoist fitting.

#154452 Reply
    Fadge
    Participant

I originally ordered an Audi Q3 back in january but when they hadn’t given me a build date by April I cancelled it and ordered an xc40 t5 recharge, luckily a local dealer had orders in place and i got a confirmed delivery slot of 2 weeks straight away.

Was told by the dealer a few weeks ago that if I had ordered now that cars are due aug/sep time.

I’m due to pick up the car tomorrow, very excited.

#154483 Reply
    James

@Fadge excellent news, what spec have you ordered?

#154484 Reply
    Fadge
    Participant

@james I’ve gone for R Design pro in glacier silver with harman kardon, rear camera with front sensors and smartphone integration.

I’ll post some pictures up tomorrow.

#154490 Reply
    James

That’s great, looking forward to seeing the pics. Do you know if it’s a my21 or my22 build? Different wheels on the T5

#154492 Reply
    Fadge
    Participant

It’s a my21 build so not got the newer recharge wheels, dealer sent me a video yesterday with all the wrapping still on.

#154499 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Interested to know which wheels are changed from MY21 late to MY22.

#154500 Reply
    Fadge
    Participant

Wheel @Wigwam That’s the new wheel on the R Design pro, same as the full electric.

#154505 Reply
    James

@Wigwam I think it’s only the r design which has different wheels on the recharge, I believe the inscription keeps the same wheels

#154515 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Got it. Thanks both.

#154599 Reply
    James

@Fadge how did collection go, are you happy with your new car?

#154633 Reply
    Fadge
    Participant

Hi,

Sorry I’ve not been about all weekend been to busy driving 🙂

Had a bit if a nightmare on Friday picking the car up, was due to collect at 10, everything was fine apart from they couldn’t tax the car as volvos systems had gone down, managed to get it sorted after a 3 hour wait (not the dealers fault)

The car itself is lovely to drive, I didn’t think the suspension is too stiff its comparable to my tiguan r-line that has just gone.

I’ve done 350 miles this weekend mostly on petrol or charging via petrol as outdoor socket is not installed till weds, averaged 37mpg which I’m more than happy with.

Only 1 pic for now

#154643 Reply
    ajn

Lovely👍, what colour interior did you go for

#154647 Reply
    Fadge
    Participant

@ajn It’s an R Design pro, so you only get the nubuck/leather interior, I really like it though, very comfy.

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 81 total)
Reply To: Xc40 t5 phev
Your information: