Xc40 t5 phev

• Creator
    Topic
  • #148309 Reply
    Gary

So, after cancelling the touran, just in time for mercedes to pull the Premium Plus spec we are now looking at the XC40 phev. Daily commute is just shy of 40 miles round trip so would expect to be able to get decent mpg.

Inscription  Pro seems to have the electric seats we need, I’d prefer privacy glass, but seems a waste of money really at 350. The main thing is, the full electric has a Google/android infotainment, does anyone know if the phev has the same, and if so does thst mean I could download audible and Spotify? Or would I need to pay out the 300 for Android auto compatibility?

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #148659 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Exactly as James says. It’s important to try them both. I didn’t like the R-Design seats at all, and do I remember right that the passenger seat is manual adjust only?

#148672 Reply
    James

You’re right the passenger seat isn’t electric except the lumbar support

#152615 Reply
    James

@Wigwam what date did you order your XC40 and what’s your expected delivery date?

#152619 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Ordered on 12th May and told 10 to 12 weeks. Haven’t had any confirmation yet.  I’ve heard cars with the Driver Assist pack are being delayed by shortage of parts for the blind spot monitoring.

#152621 Reply
    James

Our orders just gone in and we’ve been told late august and we was told the same blind spot and 360 camera are expecting long delays

#152639 Reply
    Gary

I’m likely to order on Sunday when I go and just confirm the wheelchair fits, it should do as it looks bigger than the la which it did fit in.

Inscription Pro, denim blue, climate, seats and android auto are the packs I’m after.

Have you guys been told what cable you get, as looking on the site it seems you don’t get a 3 pin one anymore?

#152640 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

You get both cables, Gary.

#152641 Reply
    Gary

Thanks wigwam 🙂

#153139 Reply
    Zed

Hi all,

I have also ordered a volvo xc40 T5 recharge Inscription Pro

I went for white with a blonde leather interior. I also added the apple car play, privacy glass and the panoramic roof.

The test drive was good, i was impressed with the comfort of the drive. I didnt notice the potholes or bumps i would in other cars. its a very different drive to my current x1. But thats not a bad thing. Overall in the small time i had in my test drive i think i preferred the drive.

I will miss the small wheel that i use to control the infotainment system as its so easy but im sure ill get used to the volvo system.

One thing to note for anyone wanting apple car play and wireless charging  would be that while you can get wireless charging for an extra cost the android and apple car play add on is not wireless so you would need to be connected to a cable which than makes the wireless charging a bit pointless. You may as well save the cost and charge via a cable if you want the apple/ android car play.

#153145 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Good choice Zed, we are also moving from an X1. Looks like a few here are doing the same.

#153146 Reply
    Zed

Are you going to get a wall charger installed. Currently i am debating this and cant really decide.

Shame they stopped doing the bright blue they did a few years ago i would have ordered that.

#153147 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I’ve got an outside socket so I’m happy to use that for an expected 6 to 7 hour overnight charge. A wall charge point will only reduce that to 4 hours so doesn’t seem worth the spend.  10A on the 3 pin plug or 16A max on a charge point.  The XC40 won’t charge any faster, unlike some other PHEVs.

#153148 Reply
    James

We’re not bothering with a wall box either, I’m having our outside socket upgraded to include an RCBO and surge protection. Probably not necessary but not expensive and it’s not on its own fuse

#153151 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

A point to note if using a wall socket – the Volvo app at the moment doesn’t allow scheduled charging. They took it off last year because in some circumstances it caused the 12v battery to go flat.  They are supposed to be fixing it in Q3 this year (so presumably by end September).

If you have a smart meter and are looking to get cheaper night time electricity, without a fully functioning app, you’ll need to add a timer to your outside socket.  Hopefully the app will be fixed by the time our cars arrive.

#153152 Reply
    Matthew

Can I just ask how quick does the car feel in electric mode only .. any idea on 0-60 in electric

#153153 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I’ve not heard of anyone timing it, Matthew. The motor is 80hp.  It feels quick enough to keep up with normal traffic to me, but I would expect to keep pure mode for town speeds to eke out the range.

#153165 Reply
    James

If your adding meters or timers to the socket be careful to make sure it can handle the load over a period of time and won’t overheat or trip

#153168 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I had one of these in mind:

#153189 Reply
    Gary

Car ordered. Denim blue, seat, climate and smartphone integration packs.

#153190 Reply
    Gary

@wigwam where you get summat like that, looks ideal

#153193 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Any electrical shop, Gary, or eBay or Amazon. I think that’s an MK brand one, so pricy. There are cheaper ones in the BG Nexus range. Hopefully, Volvo will sort out the app before our cars arrive, and it won’t be needed.

#153285 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

My Volvo dealer said today our car may be delivered to him before the end of June. Ordered on 12th May.  We don’t need it until the end of July, but good to know progress.

#153286 Reply
    James

That’s great news

We was told if car doesn’t turn up until august we can wait till September for a new plate but been a Motability customer I don’t know if I’m that bothered

#153311 Reply
    Rachel.K

Matthew – I wondered the same as you, I wanted to know if it felt ‘quick enough’ when overtaking. Mat Watson from Carwow does a good review on YouTube if you want to watch it. I’m not sure how to put the link here so if you search it, it’s called: This new XC40 is the BEST Volvo! *Review*.

He compares it to a standard XC40 T5 and does a drag race and rolling start. It gave me the confidence that it’s more than capable when pulling onto motorway etc.

#153319 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 81 total)
Reply To: Xc40 t5 phev
Your information: