XC40 T4 2.0 Auto – real world mpg?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #100045 Reply
    Macca

Hi all, so now the XC40 has been around for a while, I was hoping that those that have opted for the T4 auto, either in 2WD or AWD form, could share your real world experiences of fuel economy, and what if any niggles have you found with the car, as well as things that work well.

Cheers all.

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 283 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #101258 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Mike my fingers are crossed that the hybrid appears in Q1 even Q2 would do me, if not it really is make your mind up time as we need to change this year.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#101340 Reply
    Mike

Did a high speed run from Plymouth to Gloucester in my T4 on Monday with 3 adults 2 border collies and more Xmas presents than you can imagine and still got 33mpg

#101380 Reply
    Macca
    Participant

Well i’m definitely interested enough to look forward to a test drive in 2020

#101751 Reply
    Macca
    Participant

So today we managed to get another up close and personal session with the XC40 R Design Pro.

The car we saw didn’t have the optional sunroof so had more headroom and a fully dark cabin, which was great. Seating wise we found that the R Design was supremely comfortable for both of us, and i’ve come around to the nubuck upholstery that I thought I would hate.

The car was in Fusion Red, which we wanted to see, and it really didn’t disappoint. It really suits the car and helps to make the black plastic trim less obvious.

The demo was a D3 auto as opposed to a T4, but it was a very well refined diesel. So assuming the T4 is a more sprightly drive, I could live with that.

We got to take it out on the road. I particularly wanted to see how the car would ride on 20″ alloys & 45 series tyres, with the stiffer R Design suspension. Very simply the ride was bliss, and you wouldn’t guess the car was running on 20’s at all.

At the end of about a 40 minute run, my wife felt no worse getting out than she did getting in, so another thumbs up.

All in all, we were very impressed with it. The car’s party trick is it’s ability to make you feel that you are in a car that is much bigger than it actually is.

Now then, what will Q1 bring along AP wise ….. 🤔

#101753 Reply
    Macca
    Participant

#101756 Reply
    72 dudes

Macca,

Did you notice increased road noise on the 20″ wheels?

We tried an Inscription Pro on 19″ and whilst not intrusive, there was definitely more road noise than our current Q3 which rides on 17″ wheels.

Hence we have stuck to 18″ wheels on an Inscription.

<p style=”text-align: center;”></p>

#101758 Reply
    Macca
    Participant

Didn’t notice any increased road noise at all, and we purposely didn’t have the radio on.

We pulled into a supermarket car park up the road from the dealer, and the surface was pants, it looked like the moon. The XC just rode over it with no jarring, banging or crashing about.

We were very impressed with its engineering.

#101760 Reply
    Mike

I think my XC40 T4 rides better on its 20’s than my XC60 did on its 18’s

#101761 Reply
    Mike

34mpg by the way on my 25 mile round trip commute – mostly a road

#101764 Reply
    Macca
    Participant

The thing is we were very impressed with the car but we weren’t prepared to panic order so close to the end of Q4.

Its a huge gamble we know, and if the AP rockets on wednesday we’ll be pretty hacked off, but its only a car, and if need be we could always maintain my wife’s current lease extension for upto another 21 months, should the right deal not be there for a while.

#101879 Reply
    Macca
    Participant

So, some very encouraging news this morning in that it looks like the XC40 AP’s have remained static and the T4 R Design Pro auto has stayed at £1999.

A standard D4 R Design auto has been added for those that want that.

Disappointing that the T3 R Design Pro auto has not been added.

But overall this is good news, and gives us a lot more breathing space. The likelihood is we’ll now look to get the XC40 out on a longer second test drive.

#101885 Reply
    Ad1

Happy new year’s to all.

and the D4 has made it on in R-Design trim

#101901 Reply
    Macca
    Participant

The R Design ‘Pro’ really does give you a hell of a lot more kit over the standard R Design.

The ‘Pro’ kit adds :

The Winter pack which has heated front seats, Headlight washers, Heated Windscreen, and Heated washer nozzles. That pack alone is ordinarily a £500 option.

20″ 5 double spoke alloys with 245/45 tyres. These alloys are ordinarily a £1300 option.

So the ‘Pro’ pack gives you the standard R Design with £1800 worth of options for just £200 more.

Gotta be a good deal that.

#101997 Reply
    Macca
    Participant

Well sadly, after the good news of the XC40 R Design Pro Auto remaining on the scheme and keeping the AP at £1999.

Today I find out that metallic paint is no longer included in the volvo in Q1, and is a £575 option for standard metallic. Confirmed by motability today.

Do I not like solid black 🙄

#102004 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

That is disgusting, haven’t metallics always been free.

Just watch other manufacturers follow their lead.

#102006 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

That’s bad news macca did motability give an explanation?

I get a feeling the floodgates have just opened.

#102007 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Question is will you be forced to buy metallic paint as well, they were always against you ordering flat paint. According to my VW dealer you had to ask permission from motability to spec flat colours which is why they included metallics.

----------------------------
    KIA Soul EV First Edition
    Scale modeller in my spare time

#102009 Reply
    Winston

Try a few other dealerships and don’t mention any fee for metallic paint

I had a similar issue when I ordered my car in Oryx White

the first dealerships said – Nope you have to pay the full £1035 , Motability twice said – Sorry you have to pay the full price and not the difference between Free Metallic and The Oryx White

but then I spoke to a couple of different dealerships including the one I ordered from and they were More Knowledgable & Nicer People who were more than happy for me just to pay the difference between Free Metallic ( Value ) and the Oryx White

so sometimes it’s how you say something and approach it you know?

Good luck

#102012 Reply
    Macca
    Participant

It was the dealer who facilitated the test drive that advised me today. Volvo’s own website says its free, but the dealer advised they had received an internal notification from volvo, so the dots weren’t quite joining up.

I ran it past motability who confirmed it was correct and both standard and premium metallics are chargeable options.

#102013 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Just called Volvo HQ who confirmed metallic paint is now an optional extra and there are no plans, at present, to bring the XC40 hybrid onto the scheme.

#102015 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

I couldn’t see how the hybrid could make it onto the scheme as it breaks all of the parameters set by Motability.

#102016 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

I have 9 months to wait yet before i can re order. At this rate i will be going for another Tiguan, thats if its still on.

KIA Soul EV First Edition
    Scale modeller in my spare time

#102018 Reply
    Macca
    Participant

Still no plan to bring on the T3 R Design Pro Auto either

#102019 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Yes it does Elliot but when I spoke to them last year they said it would be on, and as we know motability sometimes bend the rules.

As a result of the charge for metallic paint and no xc40 hybrid, the Tiguan is looking favourite for this years change over. Its a no brainer.

#102020 Reply
    Macca
    Participant

Thing is in R Design trim there is only one non metallic colour choice, black, which i hate on a car.

I think for the time being, we’ll chill out, stay in the Santa Fe and use more of the lease extension.

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 283 total)
Reply To: XC40 T4 2.0 Auto – real world mpg?
Your information: