XC40 T4 2.0 Auto – real world mpg?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #100045 Reply
    Macca

Hi all, so now the XC40 has been around for a while, I was hoping that those that have opted for the T4 auto, either in 2WD or AWD form, could share your real world experiences of fuel economy, and what if any niggles have you found with the car, as well as things that work well.

Cheers all.

Viewing 8 replies - 276 through 283 (of 283 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #105598 Reply
    Macca

Cheers guys, we’ll get her fixed up. She’s on the urgent surgery list for a bit of maintenance.

So we thinking positively. The car will wait for now, no panic.

#105601 Reply
    brydo

Everything can wait Mecca as without our health we have nothing, I hope everything goes well.

#115287 Reply
    Macca
    Participant

Hi all, well we’re a few months down the line now, and a lot has happened. Depending on what Q3 pricing looks like, we may start to think about the car situation again.

Although the XC40 runs a B4 now as opposed to a T4, I’m curious to know how you folks running T4’s have gone on with fuel economy. Have you seen any improvement at all as time has gone on?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Macca.
    #115296 Reply
    72 dudes

Overall, our T4 is running at 32 mpg, with 40.4 on a recent 170 mile round trip.

However it’s only done 900 miles as we got it 10 days before lockdown.

It can easily drop to mid 20’s around town.

But given that we only do about 5k a year and our previous Audi Q3 1.4 TFSi S-tronic only returned 36.1 over the 3 years, then I’m reasonably happy.

#115305 Reply
    simono

I can add a little on the T3 auto, which I’ve now done about 600 miles in.

On a 3 mile run to the village shop from cold I’m getting around 30mpg.

Last week I did a 30 mile round trip for the recall/software update and it achieved 48mpg.

That’s all in eco mode and speeds up to 55mph.

Really happy so far.

#115351 Reply
    crippleddad
    Participant

Several months later for me, I’m at 27,7 MPG. 2.5K miles done.(T4)

#115359 Reply
    Macca
    Participant

Well, some mixed experiences there guys.

Crippledad you don’t seem to be doing so well with yours. Obviously we don’t know your driving style but if it’s fairly relaxed in eco mode, and you’re still getting sub 30mpg, you may want to have a conversation with your dealer and share other forum members experiences. It may just be worth having it checked over.

#115490 Reply
    Roger

I got my T4 Auto 2WD 2 weeks before lockdown so it’s mainly only done local journeys on the Wirral with one return journey to Abergele before they closed the border (!) and I am usually getting 30mpg with 1077 miles on the clock. All my driving has been in normal mode.

Viewing 8 replies - 276 through 283 (of 283 total)
Reply To: Reply #105601 in XC40 T4 2.0 Auto – real world mpg?
Your information: