XC40 T4 2.0 Auto – real world mpg?

This topic contains 277 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  brydo 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #100045 Reply

Macca

Hi all, so now the XC40 has been around for a while, I was hoping that those that have opted for the T4 auto, either in 2WD or AWD form, could share your real world experiences of fuel economy, and what if any niggles have you found with the car, as well as things that work well.

Cheers all.

Viewing 25 replies - 251 through 275 (of 277 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #104170 Reply

72 dudes

T4 Inscription FWD in Denim Blue with blonde interior.

We avoided Pro pack as we didn’t want 19″ wheels but added the winter pack and reverse camera

#104172 Reply

Macca
    Participant

I’ve been mulling it over quite a bit of late, swinging from being very interested, to wanting to wait a while, and back to being interested again.

I decided to try and open up a dialogue with a number of dealerships to really see which were prepared to work with me on a deal.

Some didn’t even respond, so there was my answer on those dealerships.

Going back to 2016 when we considering our Hyundai Santa Fe, Holdcroft were superb. Very accommodating when it came to multiple ling test drives. Very much up for working on a deal, and over the last 40 months the service from the dealership has been top drawer.

I noticed that the Volvo deslership in Stoke is part of the Holdcroft network. Dialogue with them has been very positive and i’ve booked an all day test drive in a T4 R Design auto for early february.

We’ll see whether that convinces me to place an order or not

#104176 Reply

Macca
    Participant

The dealership appears to have built up a good reputation if this is anything to go by :

http://www.judgeservice.com/en-gb/car-dealership/name/Holdcroft+Volvo+Hanley/

If the Volvo dealership have the same approach to customer service as our Holdcroft Hyundai dealership, then I can fully appreciate how they have built their reputation.

They just seem to have a great attitude towards customers, and as in our case, returning customers. Whether from that dealership or elsewhere in their network, the company does very much seem to value the custom.

Having read another forum contributor’s post earlier on regarding Cardiff VW, it really does show there are extreme experiences across car dealers. I wonder how some of them trade at all.

#104205 Reply

crippleddad
    Participant

View post on imgur.com

29MPG!

supposed to be a reply to the above video, but the MPG in that is even worse than mine!!!

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  crippleddad.
    #104214 Reply

Macca
    Participant

But you said you were getting 24.4 mpg in yours Crippledad … ?? 🤔

I’ve decided not to get too sidetracked on fuel consumption for the time being given that we’ve dismissed so many other cars along the way. It definitely seems to be the case that you gotta get some miles on it to loosen it up.

The car we’re gonna test drive, whilst having the T4 engine, happens to be an AWD variant so slightly heavier than the 2WD, and it will have a few miles on it so as we’ll have it for the day and warm it up nicely, we should be able to get a good view on how it does for fuel as we’ll run it into lumpy North Wales and back.

#104217 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Macca join me and Wayne and we will be XC40 “three” lol, you know you want to.

😂 Nice one Brydo.

Sorry this is late. I do turn notifications off on replies as my email was getting clogged up

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#104300 Reply

crippleddad
    Participant

But you said you were getting 24.4 mpg in yours Crippledad … ?? 🤔 I’ve decided not to get too sidetracked on fuel consumption for the time being given that we’ve dismissed so many other cars along the way. It definitely seems to be the case that you gotta get some miles on it to loosen it up. The car we’re gonna test drive, whilst having the T4 engine, happens to be an AWD variant so slightly heavier than the 2WD, and it will have a few miles on it so as we’ll have it for the day and warm it up nicely, we should be able to get a good view on how it does for fuel as we’ll run it into lumpy North Wales and back.

you are right, some reason I read it as 23.9. 😂 you’ll love it, it’s a nice drive and If, like me you aren’t too fussed, it’s a lovely car despite the very few minor annoyances.

#104305 Reply

Macca
    Participant

I’ve driven an R Design Pro recently for about 40 minutes, but that was a diesel. I drove it to see how it rode on the 20″ alloys & 45 series tyres with the R Design suspension.

The ride was bliss and the seats were great over that length of time.

This longer test drive is specifically to see how the T4 Petrol engine drives, and for us to see how the seats are over a number of hours.

The dealer has a very progressive approach to test drives, i.e. they don’t expect you to make a significant committment on a car based on a 15 minute spin round the block. Its very refreshing as some certainly do expect that.

So we’re really looking forward to it for sure as it will also allow me to get used to the tech it has too.

#104446 Reply

Macca
    Participant

I was looking at the XC40 motability listing on Volvo’s own website and thought it was a little odd that is states “Offer available from 01/01/20 to 31/01/20”.

Given that pricing is ordinarily released every quarter and is valid for three months, I’m taking it this is connected with brexit?

Sounds like a right old ‘suck it and see’ on what happens after that.

#104454 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Maybe they’re planning on charging £575 extra if you want tyres to go with the wheels from Feb onwards, anything else they can charge extra for?!

#104455 Reply

Philjb

Will sir be wanting air in his tyres?

#104456 Reply

Macca
    Participant

😂 yeah, gotta laugh eh, lets see.

If anything daft happens I may not actually get to have the next test drive after all.

#104473 Reply

72 dudes

Yes Macca, I’ve seen this before in October when Brexit was supposed to happen on 31/10.

The AP on our XC40 went down drastically from £3500 to £1999 in Q4 but with the qualifying phrase “offer available from 01/10/19 to 31/10/19”. It was of course maintained beyond that when Brexit was postponed.

In your shoes I wouldn’t be taking too long to decide as with the popularity of the XC40, I can see the AP rising to pre Q4 levels.

#104477 Reply

Macca
    Participant

Yeah, gonna see if anything changes on 1st of Feb, if not then the next test drive is booked for the 5th.

I’ve had a lot of positive dialogue with the dealer and know where we stand numbers wise if the days test drive motivates us to want to order.

Lets see how it plays out

#104644 Reply

Mike

#104645 Reply

Mike

Still happy with my T4s fuel consumption

#104663 Reply

72 dudes

I’m liking that figure Mike.

Presumably you do some nice longer journeys?

#104690 Reply

Macca
    Participant

Whats not to like from a heavy 2 litre petrol turbo. Good stuff Mike 👍

#104700 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Still happy with my T4s fuel consumption

Mike, that’s pretty impressive. What distance & average speed, if logged, is that over?
    That may just change my mind on the T4. 😂

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#104727 Reply

Mike

That was a 25 mile round trip on fast a road – 70/80 mph and about 5 miles on stop start 30 mph road

#104805 Reply

Macca
    Participant

Well, nothing drastic seems to have happened with Volvo pricing today, bonus 👍

#105573 Reply

Macca

What is it they say about best laid plans?

After booking an all day test drive in the XC40 for this week, Mrs Mac was unexpectedly hospitalised so the plans got derailed 🙄.

So once the old bird is in a better state of health, we’ll come back to it.

Sometimes life just gets in the way eh?

Hope its worth it after all this 😁

#105593 Reply

Vinnie
    Participant

Sorry to hear Mrs Macca has not been well, hope she’s soon up and about, and will b3 interested in what you think about the XC40, take care of yourselves.

#105596 Reply

POPS

Best wishes to your wife Macca.

#105597 Reply

Anneka

<p style=”text-align: left;”>sorry that ur wife is not feeling good, I do hope she is better soon. Sending hugs 🤗 🤗</p>

Viewing 25 replies - 251 through 275 (of 277 total)
Reply To: XC40 T4 2.0 Auto – real world mpg?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: