XC40 T4 2.0 Auto – real world mpg?

This topic contains 277 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  brydo 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #100045 Reply

Macca

Hi all, so now the XC40 has been around for a while, I was hoping that those that have opted for the T4 auto, either in 2WD or AWD form, could share your real world experiences of fuel economy, and what if any niggles have you found with the car, as well as things that work well.

Cheers all.

Viewing 25 replies - 226 through 250 (of 277 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #103638 Reply

Macca
    Participant

So this morning i had a GP appointment booked and came outta the house in plenty of time only to find the car iced up.

So of course the the de-icer came out of the boot and the whole sodding tedious routine started to get the car good to go whilst twitching with one eye on the clock.

No surprises, the idea of having a heated windscreen in an XC40 R Design Pro was the first thing that came into my mind.

Is the cosmos sending me subtle signs here folks ? 🤔

#103639 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Yes I think the same had one on my Ford Focus years ago I’m sure the Seat Ateca has heated front screen ?

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#103652 Reply

Macca
    Participant

Unfortunately the Ateca is unsuitable as the seat squab is too long for my wife and so she can’t bebd her legs properly

#103678 Reply

Macca
    Participant

Had a live chat with Motability this morning as I wanted to check something out.

Although my wife has been a motability customer for over 25 years, and has already transitioned from DLA to PIP, we take nothing for granted and never dismiss the possibility that High Rate Mobility PIP could be taken from her at renewal.

As we were potentially thinking of adding over a grands worth of options to the XC40, including metallic paint, i wanted to get confirmation of how an AP refund would be calculated should she lose her entitlement in future.

In short in those circumstances you get a portion of the core AP back pro-rata, but anything paid for options would be lost altogether !

Now that puts a different light on things for me as i’m not sure i would be happy with that risk 🤔

#103686 Reply

Vinnie
    Participant

Same if it’s written off too!

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Vinnie.
    #103690 Reply

Lord Muc

Macca, very good point.

#103692 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Macca a while back i brought up the topic of insurance for motability cars, not accident insurance but, an insurance policy a carer could take out that, in the unfortunate circumstances of the motability customers death, the carer would not be left without a car.

Most posters disagreed with this but as it would be a contributory insurance policy it would have no additional cost to the scheme.

I know that’s not what you were referring to but why couldn’t the same principle apply in your, potential, situation.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Brydo.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Brydo.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#103696 Reply

Macca
    Participant

The thing I don’t get is why, if circumstances change and entitlement is lost, why isn’t the full AP including cost of options refunded pro rata.

I say that because if you have to return the car and motability have to sell it then a car with added options would sell for more.

#103707 Reply

crippleddad
    Participant

So this morning i had a GP appointment booked and came outta the house in plenty of time only to find the car iced up. So of course the the de-icer came out of the boot and the whole sodding tedious routine started to get the car good to go whilst twitching with one eye on the clock. No surprises, the idea of having a heated windscreen in an XC40 R Design Pro was the first thing that came into my mind. Is the cosmos sending me subtle signs here folks ? 🤔

You can use remote start to warm the car up and defrost the car too. I did it today.

#103708 Reply

Macca
    Participant

Oh yes, that feature very much appeals fella.

The question i’m asking myself is could I live with black 🤔 or would it just drive me totally crackers.

My only 2 black cars since I passed my test many moons ago have been a Ford Capri, and a Ford XR2i, and i do remember them being a right pain to look after 🤨

An R Design Pro auto in black stone would come in at £1799 after discount from the local dealer, less GCB, brings it in at a very competitive £1199.

Metallic comes in at £2374, less GCB, and that then bottoms out at £1774

Compulsive head scratching continues …..

#103709 Reply

Winston

Or look out the window , see the frost and go out to the car 5 mins earlier 🤔😉🤣🤣

#103718 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

The remote start debate is a tricky one, While it is a common feature in colder countries the car companies were leaving it off cars sold here until recently. There is lots of debate over the legality of leaving an unattended car running, particularly roadside, Act 123 of the Highway Code and all that.

#103720 Reply

Winston

I must admit I enabled a setting on Carista that means I’m able to use the key fob with the ignition on

so I can start the car , stick the blowers on, lock it with my fob and go back into the warmth of my house for the 5/10 mins it takes the car to get defrosted/toasty

I don’t have to leave the house everyday so i think I’ve only used this twice but it’s def handy to have

my car is parked right outside my living room window

#103728 Reply

Macca
    Participant

So a further concern has been highlighted this morning.

Motability have confirmed that if we pay for metallic paint and the car is stolen then it would only be replaced with a car in black stone

Definitely soubding like it would be best to chill, stay in the current car, and see what happens over coming quarters

#103731 Reply

72 dudes

Macca, looking at all your posts, it really seems as though the XC40 will be the best car for you and Mrs Macca.

I agree that black is a pain to keep clean though, our current Q3 is black and I’ve said never again

What colour roof options do you get with Black Stone?

#103733 Reply

Brydo

Macca join me and Wayne and we will be XC40 “three” lol, you know you want to.

#103737 Reply

Macca
    Participant

What colour roof options do you get with Black Stone?

Its just all black stone

#103742 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Macca join me and Wayne and we will be XC40 “three” lol, you know you want to.

brydo. I received your email re logging in, I’m in hospital (mother) and I can see emails but not reply. Try logging in again or email me your password and I will update it from this end.

#103745 Reply

Brydo

Will do wmc

#103758 Reply

Macca
    Participant

Macca, looking at all your posts, it really seems as though the XC40 will be the best car for you and Mrs Macca.

I do think it would be suitable and has a lot going for it, but the Hyundai Tucson Premium SE is also an option.

It doesn’t have a heated windscreen, or the dark headlning or App connectivity of the XC40, but is slightly bigger, has full leather, heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel, and adaptive cruise control.

The thing with the Hyundai is that we’ve had Hyundai’s for over 6 years now, and a change would be nice, yer know?

Swings and roundabouts 🤔

#103768 Reply

Mike

The Tucson premium se although doesn’t doesn’t have heated windscreen does have a heated de-icer windscreen wiper which is better than nothing ! The 48 valve hybrid is very economical they look great in grey or silver I have dealer just 4 miles away

#103770 Reply

Macca
    Participant

Silver would probably be the preferred choice if we ended up looking at a Tucson.

I am conscious that the 2021 Tucson is on the way. Spy shots don’t give much away and the various renderings that are floating about, which lets face it are just guesswork, are very hit and miss for me.

So what that does mean is that the current model, which is by no means a bad car, will go into run out at some point and Hyundai may just opt to use the scheme to clear stocks and offer some bargains.

#104145 Reply

Macca
    Participant

I’ve always found this guys reviews to be very detailed.

For anyone considering the XC40 this will be a worthy watch …

#104168 Reply

72 dudes

An excellent in depth review. Looking forward even more to ours being ready mid March.

Since this was made, the T4/T5 versions have proved less niche than he thought they would and of course you can now get front wheel drive versions of the T4.

#104169 Reply

Macca
    Participant

Which have you ordered 72dudes?

Viewing 25 replies - 226 through 250 (of 277 total)
Reply To: XC40 T4 2.0 Auto – real world mpg?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: