XC40 R Design Pro …. ordered 😎

• Creator
    Topic
    Macca
    Participant

Well guys after our second drive in the XC40 on friday it was a no brainer to get one on order and replace the current Hyundai Santa Fe after 4 great years in that car.

So we ordered an XC40 R Design Pro B4P auto.

The colour? …. Fusion Red

The interior? Well, we were really thinking we would add full leather but following a 2 hour test drive on a hot sunny day, we assured ourselves that the half nubuck / half leather interior was fine

And the deal we agreed?

Well, published Q3 AP is £1999 for this model, we settled on a discounted AP of …. £1599.

The order was placed with zero deposit.

We’ll take delivery in October (Q4) and we have agreed that if the published AP in Q4 drops then we’ll pay the lower cost less the £400 discount that we have agreed. But if the published AP rises then our deal is capped at the Q3 published AP less the agreed discount.

The car will also come with £20 of fuel for the road.

So on the whole, we’re very pleased with that deal. It’s not a deal that the dealer is openly advertising, I negotiated this deal on the basis of us being existing customers of the motor group that the dealership is part of.

We’ve had 4 years of excellent service from the group and were keen to continue the relationship, so its encouraging that they brought their A game to the party too, and were keen to keep us as group customers.

Our current Santa Fe is in superb condition and so if we can keep it that way until October then the £700 good condition bonus will reduce our outlay to just £899.

What’s not to like about that 😁

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 191 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      BionicRusty
      Participant

I know exactly what you mean there Macca. My usual reaction is ‘have I done the right thing’. And that’s on anything over £20. 😂

But I’m happy I’ve made the right choice, and it sounds like you think the same.

After all, the car is as good as it gets for getting in and out and the fact that the door covers most of the sill (a little more than the X1), means I won’t have muddy legs. And the suspension will be a real benefit for my poor body. It’s sublime in that respect. No other word for it. I’m happy that it will suit my disability and so it’s allowing me some time to look forward to a new marque.

As you may have gathered, I’m just getting into the ‘I can’t wait’ phase now.

It’s a great car, Macca, so I’m sure we’ll both be really pleased.

Just ordered a boot tray (made of LDPE so should be more flexible than the more rigid materials) and I’m considering the fitted mud flaps. I don’t usually like them but they really suit the car.

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

Macca
        Participant

Funnily enough, I have a Hyundai boot tray in the Santa Fe, very useful for when my wife’s walking frame has to go in. The Volvo item was something like £150, I’ve found one on ebay for £25 which will be just fine.

The shaped mudflaps on ebay look much better than the volvo offering

Vinnie
          Participant

Just noticed the inscription pro is no longer on the build xc40 site, are they stopping it? Hope not?

Bowly101
            Participant

Oh no! 😫

I might be regretting my decision to hold out for a deal then! I suppose they could be changing the specs? It would be a very strange deletion from the line up. Here’s hoping it’s temporary 🤞

BionicRusty
              Participant

Don’t worry Bowly101.

I’ve just been on Volvo chat. Here’s your answer. All fine.

Brydo

First class detective work Wayne 👍👍👍👍👍👍

Bowly101
                  Participant

Nice one Wayne!

I tried phoning customer care but they were clueless as to why. They did tell me they thought it was an error as it still appears on their price lists. Otherwise an R Design it will be!

Philjb
                    Participant

Well done on deciding that’s the hard part done, now just the wait and watching and reading every road test and review before it arrives. 👍🏻

The xc40 looks like becoming the new tiguan AP wise, Shame for some it’s not as big inside or it would be in the top two on my next car list.

BionicRusty
                      Participant

Oh the YouTube videos!

I’ve watched that many that I’m on to foreign ones now that I can’t even understand! 😂🤣

However, I found these three rather good.
                        The guy in the first one knows his cars to be fair. And the Australian review was the Glacier Silver plus the T4 so interesting to me……honest 😐😁
                        Anyone ordering the AWD might like the last one. The TFL vids make for really good viewing imo. I’m enjoying the off-road ones they do and wishing I could do that. 👍👍

vinalspin
                        Participant

As for any car though the off road/bad weather capabilities are only as good as the tyres that are fitted, I’ve passed plenty of 4×4’s stuck in the snow in my FWD with proper “All Season tyres” fitted.

BionicRusty
                          Participant

Totally agree.

Where this was filmed they have regular snow and even though Volvo fitted then with all seasons, it did incredibly well on that hill compared to others in the same conditions.
                            I’m not too bothered about having the FWD and I probably won’t bother with a set of snow tyres this time. Not for the 12 hours of snow we get of late in N Wales. 😁

Bowly101
                            Participant

Vinalspin, you’re bob on there. Tyres make more difference than all wheel drive in most circumstances. And there’s always the Jeep Trailhawks if you fancy locking your diffs!
                              I’ve had this AWD vs 2WD dilemma with the XC40, but ultimately decided that the comparative costs were prohibitive. If only they did the AWD with the Pro pack. I wonder why they don’t?

Bowly101
                              Participant

Haha, foreign reviews! Glad it’s not just me then 😆

Markw
                                Participant

Living on the edge of the lake District and the North Yorkshire Moors, AWD was my first priority, especially seeing as my mother in law lives half way up Ingleborough, I will swap between winter and summer tyres accordingly , I intend to keep my car for a five year duration so the extra expense will balance out,

The Volvo is probably the best car on the scheme for around 2k, especially with that engine, a superb quality vehicle, and unlike the majority of BMW’s, the indicators do actually work 😅

Currently driving Seat Ateca 2.0 FR Sport TDI 190 DSG 4drive

Mokka E ultimate on order

BionicRusty
                                  Participant

I’ve heard people complain about BMW’s XDrive in the snow. I always have a little chuckle as they slide on by on their sticky sports tyres.

@Bowly101
                                    , I had the AWD/FWD chat with myself as well. So much so that when I ordered I went back into the dealership and said “STOOOOOP, I’ve changed my mind,………I think” I was going to change to the R Design AWD.  But then the MPG angel on my shoulder shouted at me and my wife bundled me back into the car with a packet of Haribo and some sleepy sleepy bye byes tablets.
                                    I’m fine now. 😂

@MarkW
                                    , I had a tail light fail on my X1 within a couple of weeks but after that, all’s been fine.
                                    I agree about great value. It certainly is. 👍

Markw
                                    Participant

I love the grunt of my diesel, but there is absolutely no pleasure in pushing it towards the red line as provided by a decent petrol unit,  and Volvo’s have a certain upmarket class about them, entirely free of snobbery

Currently driving Seat Ateca 2.0 FR Sport TDI 190 DSG 4drive

Mokka E ultimate on order

Vinnie
                                      Participant

The T4 plug in is now available in UK in r-design and inscription, just over £39ooo.

Macca
                                        Participant

Nice courtesy call from the dealership yesterday, order placed with Volvo, car due to the dealership end of September, collect first week of October.

Boom 💥, let’s ave it ✊

Vinnie
                                          Participant

Congrats Macca, now the wait! 😬

BionicRusty
                                            Participant

WoW. Luck you Macca.
                                              I’ve not heard a dicky boo since I placed my order a month ago!

I was told end of September on the day and I’m taking it as that. I’m not chasing it this time. I never get a straight answer and just get annoyed at the way salesman deal with an order once placed. And that’s in general, not exclusive to Motability.
                                              Sounds like you’ve got a decent dealer there young man. 👏👏

Macca
                                              Participant

Yeah we like the way this motor group seems to treat its customers and that’s why we were keen to stay with them.

So far so good

BARRY

Hi, Macca i love this car and i am quite envious of you, can you tell me which dealership you ordered through please ?

Macca
                                                  Participant

Yeah sure, Holdcroft Volvo at Stoke. They are part of the TG Holdcroft group, which has their base in Stoke with multiple brand dealerships in a concentrated area.

I can’t promise you’ll secure the same deal Barry as we are existing Holdcroft group customers through their Hyundai dealership, but it’s ertainly worth a call to them, you never know, don’t ask don’t get.

Steve Bees is the sales manager there.

Good luck fella. 👍

Macca
                                                    Participant

BARRY

Great thanks for the info

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 191 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.