XC40 R Design Pro …. ordered 😎

• Creator
    Topic
    Macca
    Participant

Well guys after our second drive in the XC40 on friday it was a no brainer to get one on order and replace the current Hyundai Santa Fe after 4 great years in that car.

So we ordered an XC40 R Design Pro B4P auto.

The colour? …. Fusion Red

The interior? Well, we were really thinking we would add full leather but following a 2 hour test drive on a hot sunny day, we assured ourselves that the half nubuck / half leather interior was fine

And the deal we agreed?

Well, published Q3 AP is Β£1999 for this model, we settled on a discounted AP of …. Β£1599.

The order was placed with zero deposit.

We’ll take delivery in October (Q4) and we have agreed that if the published AP in Q4 drops then we’ll pay the lower cost less the Β£400 discount that we have agreed. But if the published AP rises then our deal is capped at the Q3 published AP less the agreed discount.

The car will also come with Β£20 of fuel for the road.

So on the whole, we’re very pleased with that deal. It’s not a deal that the dealer is openly advertising, I negotiated this deal on the basis of us being existing customers of the motor group that the dealership is part of.

We’ve had 4 years of excellent service from the group and were keen to continue the relationship, so its encouraging that they brought their A game to the party too, and were keen to keep us as group customers.

Our current Santa Fe is in superb condition and so if we can keep it that way until October then the Β£700 good condition bonus will reduce our outlay to just Β£899.

What’s not to like about that 😁

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 191 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Georgie

Pretty darned fine, Macca.Β  And not exactly under-powered, either. πŸ˜€

Roll on October!

Markw
        Participant

Great car, great deal, congratulations

Currently driving Seat Ateca 2.0 FR Sport TDI 190 DSG 4drive

Mokka E ultimate on order

Bowly101
          Participant

Well Macca,

You’ve pulled one out the bag there! Awesome car, great colour, and a fabulous deal. Well done you!

My local dealer (who I also have a 5yr relationship with), won’t budge an inch with the price. I was due to order this week but decided to hold off to put a bit more pressure on for them to do some form of deal, but no joy. And travelling to another dealer isn’t straightforward as I’m so remote. Oh well, it’s still the best bargain on the scheme πŸ™‚. We’re also slightly delayed by deciding the colour. I’m red leather all the way, the rest of the family are, well, not…….

Hope you enjoy your car when you get it, certainly something to look forward to over the coming months πŸ‘πŸ˜€.

Vinnie
            Participant

Congratulations Macca, lovely car.

file28
              Participant

congratulations on your order and a good deal too

if you don’t ask you don’t get i always say

nice choice too

just the waiting game now

"the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams-its heaven and hell "(RJD)
                Peugeot 2008gt
                Selenium grey

Macca
                Participant

Fortunately, the current Santa Fe is a great car (albeit dated now), so the wait won’t be any hardship. It’ll soon come around.

We’re just happy to have made a decision on it, and put it to bed really.

72 dudes

Great choice Macca, and welcome to the club!

Macca
                    Participant

Whilst at the dealership I was explaining to the salesman that my wife was in a serious car accident some years ago and so makes for a nervous passenger. The safety elements of the Volvo were therefore a huge plus point.

He then explained how he’d had his XC40 Inscription written off in a head on collision with a young inexperienced lad in a Corsa recently.

He showed me the photo of his motor which was in a bad way. The front was a mess, the offside front wheel had been pushed back about 8 to 12 inches and the door was moved back too, yet there was no intrusion into the cabin at all. He showed me a photo of the intact cabin with all the spent airbags too. He walked away from it without any issues.

The Corsa on the other hand didn’t come out of it so well. He showed me the photos of that. The frontal collision was so heavy it had dismantled the front end to the point of ripping the engine from the car. It was mad to see it just sitting in the road next to the car.

😲

BionicRusty
                      Participant

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ πŸ₯³ πŸŽ‰ πŸ₯³ πŸŽ‰
                        Well done that man. Awesome choice.

And you’ve got blood out of a stone there. πŸ˜‚ πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

I’ve been told late Sept for mine so they’re obviously quoting a std lead time. If mine slips a bit, I’m not too fussed as, like you, I’m really going to miss mine.
                        When I got my current car, BMW actually beat the lead time but with the pandemic and all……!
                        Now the wait begins. Β Tick tock, tick tock. πŸ˜‚
                        Anyway, definitely shandy’s all round tonight 🍻

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

Motaxyz
                        Participant

Macca

I am sure unintentionally, but your post doesn’t help other nervous folk who can’t afford, can’t accommodate or who drive cars Β other than this Volvo.

Cars such as the Corsa are popular on the scheme and affordable to the many.

Macca
                          Participant

Certainly not intentional Smallcar. From what the guy described the young lad was driving very recklessly on a wet road too so there were multiple things that contributed to what happened in that particular situation.

Motaxyz
                            Participant

Macca

Thanks for reply, hope you enjoy your car when it comes.

Macca
                              Participant

No worries Smallcar, I’m sure a Corsa, or indeed any other small batch is a different prospect in the hands of a responsible driver, cognisant of the road conditions.

BionicRusty
                                Participant

I think that all of today’s cars are a galaxy away for improvements on safety than cars I was driving as a lad. (35 yrs)

Even the cheapest cars on sale today have an array of safety tech to keep us all safe in the event of the worst happening.
                                  πŸ‘πŸ‘

john haslam

does the r design have front parking sensors and speed limiter

Bowly101
                                    Participant

Hi John,

It has a speed limiter, but no front parking sensors. To get those you need Inscription trim. The R Design only has rear sensors even in Pro spec.

john haslam

cheers bowly,i need the parking and would like the black roof,so it looks like inscription pro,cheers mate

BionicRusty
                                        Participant

John, you can add on front sensors to the R Design as part of the β€˜Park Assist’ pack. It’s a Β£575 option though but does come with a rear camera as well. πŸ‘

john haslam

cheers wayne a/p is at my limit mate inscription pro got everything i want except for black roof,the smoother suspension on inscription also appeals,think option for front parking and camera is a tad stingy for a quality car

john haslam

just got to test drive the xc40 inscription pro auto and 3008 gt prem auto then its make your mind up time

Markw
                                              Participant

I was looking at the various XC40 options when I ordered my car when the Volvo AP’s were pushing four grand, it’s good value now, but the addition of things like front sensors, park assist and a bloody roof spoiler , standard on my car would have been another grand on top.

Currently driving Seat Ateca 2.0 FR Sport TDI 190 DSG 4drive

Mokka E ultimate on order

Macca
                                                Participant

Quite a useful watch if the safety angle of the car is a key point

BionicRusty
                                                  Participant

Good luck with the test drives John. I’m sure the you’ll make the right choice. πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
                                                    The ride in the XC40 is a giant leap ahead of that in my X1. πŸ‘

Good video Macca πŸ‘

Thanks for posting.

Footloose

Great choice of vehicle Macca and I wish you many years of happy motoring in your stunning new vehicle when it arrives πŸ‘

Macca
                                                      Participant

Cheers for all the good wishes guys. I think the tell tale is how you feel about a car once you’ve placed the order, i.e. is it the right car, the right colour, the right spec, are there any doubts or regrets?

On this one we’re totally happy with the choice and no regrets at all. I think what’s helped is that it’s not been a quick decision. We’ve been looking at cars for probably a year, discounting many along the way for one reason or another.

On the XC40 we’ve considered it for the last 8 months and over two test drives, the second being a 2 hour stint.

All time well spent πŸ‘

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 191 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.