XC40 R Design Pro …. ordered 😎

• Creator
    Topic
  • #120905 Reply
    Macca
    Participant

Well guys after our second drive in the XC40 on friday it was a no brainer to get one on order and replace the current Hyundai Santa Fe after 4 great years in that car.

So we ordered an XC40 R Design Pro B4P auto.

The colour? …. Fusion Red

The interior? Well, we were really thinking we would add full leather but following a 2 hour test drive on a hot sunny day, we assured ourselves that the half nubuck / half leather interior was fine

And the deal we agreed?

Well, published Q3 AP is £1999 for this model, we settled on a discounted AP of …. £1599.

The order was placed with zero deposit.

We’ll take delivery in October (Q4) and we have agreed that if the published AP in Q4 drops then we’ll pay the lower cost less the £400 discount that we have agreed. But if the published AP rises then our deal is capped at the Q3 published AP less the agreed discount.

The car will also come with £20 of fuel for the road.

So on the whole, we’re very pleased with that deal. It’s not a deal that the dealer is openly advertising, I negotiated this deal on the basis of us being existing customers of the motor group that the dealership is part of.

We’ve had 4 years of excellent service from the group and were keen to continue the relationship, so its encouraging that they brought their A game to the party too, and were keen to keep us as group customers.

Our current Santa Fe is in superb condition and so if we can keep it that way until October then the £700 good condition bonus will reduce our outlay to just £899.

What’s not to like about that 😁

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 191 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #125430 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

I don’t disagree @Markw.

Reading some trade and consumer websites, there are some huge offers around at the moment on new cars, and so to me, it doesn’t quite make sense why Motability warned of the price hikes why that some prices have increased by over 40%!

I’d have thought the procurement team could have made some good deals.

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#125435 Reply
    Bowly101
    Participant

It looks like Volvo needed a sales boost in Q3 so allowed us a better deal on a temporary basis. In Q2 the T4 R Design Pro was £2399 and then you needed to add metallic paint, so this is just returning prices to previous levels albeit now including the paint cost. XC40 was the darling of Q3 pricing, hence the large number of posts relating to it on here, at least those bored of reading about Volvo will have alternatives.

#125452 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

I’ll admit I am bored of reading about the Volvo @Bowly101………….

………and I’ve ordered one. 🤣😂

Or at least I’m bored of waiting. 😐

I read yesterday on another forum that one customer who ordered exactly the same car beginning of July, same as me, has just been told their order has moved again to end of December. Which of course will mean January 2021. I’m waiting to not be told the same by my extremely silent dealer.

#125458 Reply
    Macca

SEAT Quarter upto January now 😂, lot of car for the money though.

#125464 Reply
    Bowly101
    Participant

I’m exactly the same! Initially it was exciting to read about others experiencing the same things, and interesting how people’s views differed, but I’ve now maxed myself out with contemplating my decision. I just want it to arrive and get on with it being the practical assistance that I need to facilitate life a bit better. I’m pretty new to having a physical constraint and it’s altered my life across the board. I think I used the contemplation and ordering of the car to divert thoughts from other less pleasurable things, but I guess that only lasts so long.
    BTW and not to be the bearer of bad news but the configuration tool lists Inscription models as March based on an order now (if you select the subscription box it gives you an estimated delivery), which is much longer than the r design. I guess they must have some form of supply issue with some of the components that are unique to Inscription. Hopefully yours  will arrive in the near future. 👍

#125470 Reply
    Karen

Same for me for Inscription Pro Bionic Rusty. Quite a jump! Wondering if I should cancel & reorder the 1.6 (AP £1700) instead?

#125478 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

@Bowly101, yeah, I’ve read the same regarding the Inscription and Inscription Pro and it does seem to be a pattern when talking to members of forums. And I’ve read a couple of times that there is a supply issue with wheels for one of those models but not sure which one.
    However, I’ve also read that some orders of exactly the same car as mine, and a factory order as well, have been on time or early! Yes, there may be some cancelled orders which could explain this but the same orders I’m referring to are orders placed well after mine. A couple ordered over a month later! It could be down to dealerships chasing their orders and if this is the case, then I’m not surprised that mine is delayed. I expect that my dealer won’t have even looked at my order since placed, let alone chased. 😐

Karen, do you mean/think that you will need to pay the new AP? If so, that’s certainly not the case. You pay the AP of the time you ordered. I’m certainly going to hold out for mine. It’s a fantastic car and I think will be worth the wait. 🤞🤞

#125486 Reply
    Karen

I didn’t pay any AP when I ordered.

#125490 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

No, I mean that you pay the AP the car is at the time you ordered.
    So if you ordered in July, you will pay the Q3 price, even if it’s delivered in Q4. 👍

#125491 Reply
    Bowly101
    Participant

Your AP is set at time of order Karen, so you’ll only pay what it was then. Should say what you’re due on your order. 😀 It doesn’t matter if you’ve paid deposits or not.

#125721 Reply
    Macca

New car day 😎, it’s very Red …

So the Santa Fe went back today in superb condition and got us the £700 good condition bonus, so our outlay for the Volvo is just £899. Very pleased with that.

#125726 Reply
    Vinnie
    Participant

Very nice enjoy, the Volvo I would have like has gone up to over £3000 so that’s a no go! The other alternative is a T3 but not sure on how the car copes with a smaller engine in a heavy car?

#125729 Reply
    File28

very nice indeed Macca

#125730 Reply
    Bowly101
    Participant

That’s an awesome looking motor Macca! Can’t wait 😀. How does the back look without the tailpipes? I’ve only seen an Inscription in the new spec and it’s hard to tell what the black panel looks like in the flesh. Hope you enjoy your new car and have many happy miles in it.

#125739 Reply
    Markw
    Participant

Looking very good, enjoy 😊👍

Currently driving Seat Ateca 2.0 FR Sport TDI 190 DSG 4drive

#125746 Reply
    Brydo

Looking good macca, we held off till the last few days of last month to order our xc40 inscription pro. We paid extra for the white, not my choice ☹️ but with £900 Good Condition Bonus hopefully coming our way in January it’s not so bad.

I think the same model is over £3000 now so glad we ordered Q3.

I really feel sorry for those that were wanting to order the xc40 but will now have to choose something else due to the massive AP increase.

The xc40 will now go the same way as the Tiguan and will be spoken about only now and again the forum.

Not sure what will take its place.

#125749 Reply
    ajn

Wow 👍

#125754 Reply
    Philjb
    Participant

without a  crystal ball it’s impossible to predict future prices especially  once a facelift comes along.
    Remember prices have already gone up and down more then once for the xc40.

#125755 Reply
    Philjb
    Participant

Very nice Macca I see you didn’t opt for the Royal Mail decals. 🤔😂

#125756 Reply
    Macca

They’re in the boot 😂

#125771 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Oh very nice @Macca. Congratulations 🥳

I hope you enjoy and drive safe.
    🏎💨
    😀

#125772 Reply
    Macca

It all comes down to personal taste of course, but I actually prefer the slicker look of the rear bumper …

#125792 Reply
    Macca

The curry hook is so useful in this car 🥘 😁

#125836 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Glad the utilitarian bits are being used. 😂

Enjoy @Macca. 🏎💨

I had a call from my dealer today……………

……….HA. Only kidding.

#125837 Reply
    Macca

That’s poor Wayne, ours emailed today to see how we’re getting on with it.

Love the remote start function on the XC, and the mood lighting. The seats are very comfortable, and for me the standard audio is more than good enough.

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 191 total)
Reply To: XC40 R Design Pro …. ordered 😎
Your information: