XC40 R Design Pro …. ordered 😎

• Creator
    Topic
  • #120905 Reply
    Macca
    Participant

Well guys after our second drive in the XC40 on friday it was a no brainer to get one on order and replace the current Hyundai Santa Fe after 4 great years in that car.

So we ordered an XC40 R Design Pro B4P auto.

The colour? …. Fusion Red

The interior? Well, we were really thinking we would add full leather but following a 2 hour test drive on a hot sunny day, we assured ourselves that the half nubuck / half leather interior was fine

And the deal we agreed?

Well, published Q3 AP is £1999 for this model, we settled on a discounted AP of …. £1599.

The order was placed with zero deposit.

We’ll take delivery in October (Q4) and we have agreed that if the published AP in Q4 drops then we’ll pay the lower cost less the £400 discount that we have agreed. But if the published AP rises then our deal is capped at the Q3 published AP less the agreed discount.

The car will also come with £20 of fuel for the road.

So on the whole, we’re very pleased with that deal. It’s not a deal that the dealer is openly advertising, I negotiated this deal on the basis of us being existing customers of the motor group that the dealership is part of.

We’ve had 4 years of excellent service from the group and were keen to continue the relationship, so its encouraging that they brought their A game to the party too, and were keen to keep us as group customers.

Our current Santa Fe is in superb condition and so if we can keep it that way until October then the £700 good condition bonus will reduce our outlay to just £899.

What’s not to like about that 😁

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #123335 Reply
    TC

Thank you both Vinnie and Macca for your kindness time with our loved ones is our most precious resource I attended my three year old grandsons birthday party yesterday and am off to a bit of a car show today at our local Isle of Wight steam railway so am trying to make the most of every day

#123336 Reply
    Philjb
    Participant

Hi tc

that is tuff news indeed I hope your treatment keeps you pain free for as long as possible. Cancer is a horrible thing to deal with especially pancreatic all the best.

#123338 Reply
    ajn

Wow tuff times at the moment, best of luck to you and yours..

#123341 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Hello there @TC, I am so very sorry to read of your news. I truly hope and pray that you are as comfortable as possible.
    I’m also really sorry to read of your experience with ordering. Easy for me to say, I know, but try to put that behind you now. Enjoy what you can and give no time or effort to anything else.
    I hope that the car show was great fun.
    Best wishes my friend.

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#123342 Reply
    eleanorsvoice
    Participant

Wow TC, that’s a tough call indeed. I have a friend that is on palliative care for very similar at the moment and he’s managing to do much the same as you, make the most of every day. We went to lunch with him (socially distanced) just the other week and he was in very good spirits. I do hope you can manage similar. You deserve your dream car to drive around in for a while… or a track day or something if you are able to and you like your cars!

My investigations are at a standstill at the moment, the group Volvo dealership (Sytner) was disinterested in a decent deal, offering just 8% off on any optional extras. I’m waiting on Snows to come back to me with anything they can do but it isn’t looking promising and the original dealer after offering a free tank of fuel hasn’t been in touch since… so must be completely disinterested! Sadly, it might have to end up being the Sportage that we opt for.

Please feel free to search for #eleanorsvoice on social media to help us raise awareness and follow our daughter's journey - nothing more!

#123345 Reply
    TC

Thank you all for the good wishes and positive energy 👍 Had a lovely day today watching the steam trains and looking at the assembled cars and bikes with my kids and Grandchildren shattered now but well worth the effort

The car no longer coming is definitely not the most important thing at the moment although the Alhambra is becoming increasingly difficult to drive with a turning circle much like HMS Queen Elizabeth 2 😂 especially with hand controls trying to find an alternative vehicle Easier to drive and in stock is proving difficult but I shall keep trying

The diagnosis was a complete shock as I had been unwell pretty much all through shielding with my Normal ailments and was called in by my urologist after a CT scan to be told you need a Covid test and to be admitted immediately as a 12 mm stone had blocked off your left kidney and you need a stent fitting as an emergency oh and by the way the CT has picked up a mass in your pancreas and it looks like it’s cancer two weeks later and EUS and needle biopsy confirmed the diagnosis

#123347 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

I’ve got to say, TC’s post has really touched me. To find the courage to type on the forum is both incredibly brave and as admirable as can be. ♥️
    If you do come back here and read our posts, TC, I’d like to think I speak for us all when I say we are thinking of you and God Bless you.
    It’s difficult to believe that someone you do not know and have never met or seen can bring you to tears.
    I truly wish that you are able to enjoy every minute possible TC. I think Macca said it all in that, I hope you can find the strength.

♥️

#123348 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Seems my post crossed yours TC.
    So pleased you’ve enjoyed the day. I am so disappointed in Volvo but as you say, it’s not important right now.
    Family is what matters.
    Sending Forum Love to you ♥️

#123383 Reply
    Macca

A much appreciated update from the dealership today. The car is on track to be with the dealer at the end of the month, so far the system is working well.

So hopefully we’ll be taking delivery of our first Volvo in 4 weeks time, and whilst we always hope the winter does not bring icey conditions for fear of my wife falling, if things do ice up I’ll be so glad to have the convenience of the heated windscreen.

#123384 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

That’s great @Macca. You’re very lucky. I’ve still not heard anything from the Chester, Rybrook dealership re my order since the day of handing over £1k. I’ve had a notification from Motability of order success but that’s it.

It’s a one shot for me. Any issues and I may go to the dealer and get my cash back.
    I dislike poor service but I cannot abide and do not tolerate no service.

#123385 Reply
    Macca

I must admit Wayne, I had no real joy with Rybrook Chester, Rybrook Warrington were keen to work with me and offered a deal, but ultimately the deal on the table from Holdcroft Stoke was just that bit better.

As there’s a certain level of affluence in Chester maybe they do well enough without having to carve out deals, who knows eh?

#123386 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Yeah I think that’s it. The snobbery there is like treacle. Volvo there have always been the same, as is Jaguar. I dealt with them for many years and it was always a struggle. Llandudno Junction were much better.
    That’s where I’ll go again if I opt for another X1.

#123387 Reply
    Macca

If I were you Wayne I’d be dropping them an email to let them know that as you’ve made a significant commitment, in that you put a £1k deposit down where other dealers aren’t asking for anything, you at least expected to be receiving courtesy updates. See what reaction you get.

#123391 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

I’ve been thinking of doing that mate but as I’ve got older I tend to just cut and run from bad or no service.
    After having such poor service from Jaguar (also Rybrook coincidently), I told myself, I’d not chase dealers any more. If they don’t provide a service, they can’t need the business.
    I’m not having a good time at the moment and I don’t want that to cloud my actions so I may just let myself ride it out for a little more. 😁

#123392 Reply
    Macca

Sorry to hear that Wayne, wellbeing always takes priority over everything. Hang in there chief ✊

#123393 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Ah thank you Macca.
    It seems I’m just getting worse a lot sooner than I anticipated. And the avenues of medical treatments are slowly being closed off. Glass half full though, at least my moaning cells are doing ok. 😂

Keep us posted on the car mate. You’re on countdown now. 👍

#123424 Reply
    Philjb
    Participant

Yes we too found that with Volvo i has a brand new 760 turbo estate a fair few years ago. Lovely car but the whole dealer experience of ignoring customers put me right off the brand, I know as a motability customer the experience won’t have improved much.

#123427 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Nice car Phil. 👏👏
    Sadly, I’ve never, and I mean never, had a dealer contact me with an update or out of courtesy. The whole of Cheshire and North East Wales is the same in my experience in that there is absolutely no service bar taking your cash or trying to rip you off.
    BMW in North Wales weren’t bad but even there, from ordering to delivery, not a single call. Maybe it’s just me!
    I read many posts here of customers praising their dealers  Even @Macca in this thread had praised his dealer. But I’ve yet to find one. I’m quite envious.
    I’d love to post here that my sales guy had been great, or even just ….. good, but I’ll say it as it is.
    I actually checked some reviews of the dealer earlier and there was a number of similar complaints. Some even quoting  the same salesman.
    It’s just me, I’m sure of it. 🤷🏻‍♂️😁

#123604 Reply
    Macca

I’m definitely liking the de-chromed rear bumper on the MY21 ….

#123605 Reply
    72 dudes

@Macca, that’s good then!

For me, I like a bit of chrome so I’m happy with my MY20.

Would have liked the B4 engine though!

#123606 Reply
    Macca

The B4 seems to be well received so far, with decent returns on mpg.

#124317 Reply
    Macca

Took a trip into our town centre, and got to see a Fusion Red R Design Pro in the flesh for the first time as it cruised past us. 70 plate B4.

Wow, it looked damn good.

2 weeks to go, bring it on 😉

#124335 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Nice one Macca. 👍

Oddly, still nothing off my dealer except it may now be the end of October, but might not. 😔

Ya gotta smile eh? 😁

#124671 Reply
    Macca

Another very welcome dealer update today. The XC40 will hopefully be with them by the 30th, and if so then all being well collect on the 2nd 🤞.

#124672 Reply
    Bowly101
    Participant

That’s exciting news Macca, hopefully you can get some pics on when it arrives. I’ll be especially interested seeing as I’ve ordered the exact same car in the exact same colour! Your dealer has been excellent with the updates. I haven’t had a single update apart from when I’ve been in to them. Not that it particularly bothers me, it’s just the peace of mind that they’re working on your behalf behind the scenes. Fingers crossed yours goes to plan and that the rest of us get ours in due course. Quite excited about it now 🙂.

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 179 total)
Reply To: XC40 R Design Pro …. ordered 😎
Your information: